DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Mk-77 and fire explosion effects has not implement yet into DCS.

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Great quantity of "stuff" added on that path, not show on the newsletter, including Cows, fire bombs, mines, torpedos, WW2 bombs, etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4211686&postcount=1669

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4211688&postcount=1670

Thats quite the list of add on stuff.

Very heavy on the new Cluster bombs too. Hopefully we will see some CBU mechanics improvements soon.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The links do work if you open them separately. I right-clicked on each image, copied the image link, and then opened it in a new tab. A bit onerous but it worked.

PC specs:

Rig specs: i5-10600k @4.8Ghz. 32GB RAM. MSI GTX 1070ti. 27" 1440p G-Sync monitor. Samsung M2 drive.

"Aircraft Artificial Intelligence (AI)

In 2019 we made initial improvements to the dogfight AI that delivers more realistic and human behaviour, this also includes implementation of modern control theory Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA) and Incremental Nonlinear Dynamic Inversion (INDI) to all our AI aircraft in DCS in 2020. The new approach will extend flight envelopes and improve AI control quality and control response in mass and moment of inertia changes. In 2020 we will continue this effort, but also devote resources to improve other AI areas to include:

Beyond Visual Range (BVR) offensive and defensive behaviour

Formation keeping and correct use of external lights

Air-to-Ground attack maneuvers

Very-low level flight and terrain following

Defensive threat responses (SAM and AAA)"

Does the lingo in this paragraph mean that the new AI won't be UFOs anymore?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M-2000C | F/A-18C | F-14B | Bf 109 K-4 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | SA342

i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2080

T16000M FCS | TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind.V2 Rudder Pedals

"Dialectic"

Awesome video (again) ED. Really nice to see helicopters get a feature. The use of them on the carrier looks great and seeing them fly over tropical forests sets the mind racing. With the new Ka50 (and upcoming OH58, Mi24 and Bo105) there's a rotor world to look forward to. :)

Then, there's the 190 A8 paintschemes. And all the other updates too. This newsletter was definitely and inspiring one for me.

Nice to hear that you will take your time checking future updates internally for a longer time. :thumbup:

I wonder how long it will take before peaople are complaining that you need to long for patches because you test them.... :lol: SCNR ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S, using only the latest Open Beta DCS Settings PD 1.5

ED's Updated QA

Our updated process includes:

Longer internal QA testing and debugging.

Earlier external Beta Tester access to Release Candidates. How to become a Beta Tester. English & Russian links.

A new closed Eagle Dynamics dedicated multiplayer testing server. The invitations will be announced soon.

DCS Open Beta delivery.

Hotfix process (if required).

DCS Stable delivery.

This is a great move.

Better to have stability then rushed out; particularly multiplayer issues because it has an adverse affect on the many wings flying DCS. There are still many folks who are not receiving hostile raw radar paints online while other players do not have the issue, still seeing the occasional open canopy or folded wings, and with the latest iteration more crash to desktops and stutters. Still not able to run more than 2 servers, which is a step backward from the initial release. These points are not criticism, they are pointing out many outstanding issues.

Online wings want DCS to succeed; the potential is so great.

1st_CVW_EDsig.png.1f2be0eb45d45098d3777965a273c030.png

Alienware New Aurora R9 | Windows® 10  64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC 11GB | 2 X 1TB SSD | 48GB Dual Channel Hyper X FURY at 2666MHz | 850W EPA Gold Liquid Cooled power supply | HP G2 VR Headset | WinWing Orion

The release of an unstable Open Beta to our clients has taught us an important lesson, and we are committed to improving the QA before an Open Beta delivery.

Our updated process includes:

Longer internal QA testing and debugging.

Earlier external Beta Tester access to Release Candidates. How to become a Beta Tester. English & Russian links.

A new closed Eagle Dynamics dedicated multiplayer testing server. The invitations will be announced soon.

DCS Open Beta delivery.

Hotfix process (if required).

DCS Stable delivery.

Finally ! That's a very good news ! :cheer3nc:

(Waiting for the actions to follow the words.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / EVGA GTX 1080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 10 64bits.

Regarding kate's message in the newsletter today,

Why aren't such things posted here first, with other sites such as reddit linked to here, rather than the other way around?

You would think EDs own forum would and should be the primary source of information

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Good newsletter, sounds like a great plan to have a dedicated multiplayer testing server. Hopefully ED will get a bunch of players with all different spec rigs on the server but please don't forget to include some VR users on there too! Nothing worse than a good update being released for 2D that turns out a stutter fest for the VR folks!

Love that screenshot with the Spitfire. I'm guessing that's the Channel Map?

Looking forward to further updates as and when :thumbup:

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

Regarding kate's message in the newsletter today,

Why aren't such things posted here first, with other sites such as reddit linked to here, rather than the other way around?

You would think EDs own forum would and should be the primary source of information

Agreed. Sounds like a common sense approach. :thumbup:

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate (center) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III w/ SCG-R Premium (side)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

"We will try to keep a schedule of 2-week iterations once the DCS World 2.5.6 Stable is released.

I have started posting development milestones on Reddit in the Hoggit community which you can read here. These will also be posted to our official forums.

I will continue to inform you about the progress of each project on our official ED forum.

Kate Perederko

Chief Operating Officer Eagle Dynamics"

I recently re watched The Final Countdown (Nimitz, retour vers l'enfer), the A7-E looks damn cool methinks, I'm looking forward to read more on the development of that plane!

Also thanks for the dev report, +1 to what ngreenaway said (edit: I read the newsletter too quickly :music_whistling: "I will continue to inform you about the progress of each project on our official ED forum" :thumbup:).

Enjoy the week-end!:pilotfly:

Edited by Foobee

System: Win10 Pro | 9900K @Stock - Z390 | 32GB @3200 | GTX 1080 - 27'' LCD | M2 SSDs | ...and for now, an X-55 borrowed from a friend (thx mate!) to replace a ...gamepad... O Joy!)

Modules: A-10C | Combined Arms | F/A-18C | Persian Gulf | Superarrier

"We will try to keep a schedule of 2-week iterations once the DCS World 2.5.6 Stable is released.

I have started posting development milestones on Reddit in the Hoggit community which you can read here. These will also be posted to our official forums.

I will continue to inform you about the progress of each project on our official ED forum.

Kate Perederko

Happy to see the « two more weeks » iterations as official statement.

It’s a good news but i think it’s better to see the result before to be satisfied !!

I'm sorry to say, Kate Perederko.

But reading that 2010 list of requirements for Beta Testers, if you are still aiming for an invitation only model, then it will never be an eclectic and representative group. It's just "the buddies" system that troubles me, invalidating almost all other aspects listed.

You should allow candidates with proven capabilites to apply to beta testing, not searching the forum for the biggest poster or most active lurker.

PS: I'm not applying here. I just feel this supposed "merit" system listed by Wags would forever condition me if I wanted to become a Beta Tester. I'm just not a forum lurker at all, no matter how much experience and know-how I could bring to a testing team.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Kate Perederko

Well, her original post was done on reddit about a week or so ago, I'm saying this should've been the default outlet from the beginning

That being said, I would hope and encourage more posts such as those

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE