DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, a lot of people just find steam gauges, iron bombs, and getting up-close and NoE to hit your target more interesting than punching in coordinates and dropping murder bots from 30k ft, 20nm away

Hi all,    we have made it very clear the date is subject to change, internal testing continues and if we need more time we will take it, I think most of you want 2.7 to be the best it can b

I'm sorry to nitpick, but DCS is so much more than a game ... it's the best flight Simulator available to consumers 🙂

Mission Editor Templates

Creating accurate composition for unit groups like a Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) battery can be a bit complex and timely for new Mission builders. We recently added many new SAM templates to the Mission Editor that includes systems for the United States, Russia, Iran, and others.

This allows you to simply select a country and the SAM system, and place an entire battery with one mouse click.

Why do you tell us things you literally did in the past in the news letters instead of telling us about the changes and additions in the patch notes right away? derpyconfused.png

I spent lots of time just yesterday buildung up SAM sites... could've flown more if I had known that, but well now those have my personal design instead twi-notbad.png

Anyway, I'm totally glad about this addition, it was really overdue. Back in the LOMAC days I loved to put those "MSB 1980" and "MSB 1990" sites on the map to get nice target practicing ranges quickly... lots of targets right next to each other, that was ideal for weapons employment training for any kind of ordnance. More templates like those would be absolutely welcome twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today's newsletter subject looks a little odd, compared to the more thoughtful usual subject provided as "Weekend News":

ONqQpVW.png

But thanks for the info on the A10 cockpit update efforts (as well as the Ka-50) - really looking forward to this! :thumbup:

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate (center) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III w/ SCG-R Premium (side)

VKB-Sim_NA_logo-3_DCS_Forum.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Today's newsletter subject looks a little odd, compared to the more thoughtful usual subject provided as "Weekend News":

ONqQpVW.png

But thanks for the info on the A10 cockpit update efforts (as well as the Ka-50) - really looking forward to this! :thumbup:

It is odd, it feels like deja-vu, it's been posted already I'm 99.9% sure, not a problem, just checking, there's probably an update to it, just using the same wording for the intro I guess.

EDIT: Dunno maybe I think I saw it yesterday late at night only on the site, not on the forum (as otherwise it wouldn't be highlighted) and well sleeplessness probably does things to you, but otherwise I'm staying good cycle, just sometimes I carry over a bit.

I am looking forward to this, I already bought 2 campaigns last year for A-10C also as a token of thanks, even tho I haven't even finished the boundled one, need to deal with the jets.

Edited by Worrazen

Getting back in action!

1st.: PC Specs WIP: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus ROG Strix X-570E - CPU: AMD Ryzen ... - GPU: AMD Radeon ... - RAM: 64 GB - SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe

2nd.: PC Specs: Win10P 2004 (20H1), 1440p@75"32 - MB: Asus P9X79 - CPU: Intel i7 3820 - RAM: 32GB - GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 8GB - SSD Samsung 870 EVO 250GB (DCS), Input: Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP.

Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• 1 month later...

The new crash handler looks interesting - if it just would come to use. 99% of my crashes are either clean CTD without anything or those typical Windows style APPCRASH thingies with no crashlog ever written at all.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I hope pre-purchase new carrier with deckcrew comes along today. Too have big fun with the F-18 and F-14! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi ED,

Why the new bug relative to F-14B by Heatblur (Crash to Desktop frequently due to Jester sound)

is not mentioned in the Newsletter...

And why it's not mentioned in Changelog has "Known Issues".

Because of that after upgrading, a lot of people have to revert to 2.5.4.28615.

:cry:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

About the newsletter itself: Can we have the classic topic of the email subject revert back to simply "Weekend News" (pretty please)?

The last few weeks changed that to some random subject, and today's subject looked really odd in my inbox: "Anton in Air".... I really miss the old "Weekend News" subject.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate (center) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III w/ SCG-R Premium (side)

VKB-Sim_NA_logo-3_DCS_Forum.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I don't understand? If I paid for the map why is it now free, to these people now?

shouldn't you own the map to be able to go on to a server?

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus X Maximus X AC WiFi z370 ||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080-10gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| ReverbG2VR @ 3168x 3092 90hrz

I don't understand? If I paid for the map why is it now free, to these people now?

The map is only free to use on a dedicated server, the hosting mashine, if the -norender option is active.

so you can host on those maps, but cant fly on the same computer.

if you want to fly on it, you still need to buy/have the maps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Its only for dedicated servers, you still need to own the map to be able to connect to server.

All this software take a huge amount time and money to make so they should not be free all.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Great to see the maps becoming free for hosting rigs.

BTW, still everyone has to pay for them. With the server alone and no clients, no one is playing at all. It's just totally unnecessary to have to pay up twice for the maps just to be able to set up a server to play on and this will now come to an end, which I'm glad about.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great to see the maps becoming free for hosting rigs.

BTW, still everyone has to pay for them. With the server alone and no clients, no one is playing at all. It's just totally unnecessary to have to pay up twice for the maps just to be able to set up a server to play on and this will now come to an end, which I'm glad about.

ah, ok thanks for the information.

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus X Maximus X AC WiFi z370 ||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080-10gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| ReverbG2VR @ 3168x 3092 90hrz

On the Easter-Spring 2019 video, on 0:46, has implement secondary explosions on ships?

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Well...well. Time for the weekend news. Will the new populated carrier bounced in today? Looking forward... like every weekend. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

SA-5 and IAD's... Excellent news :thumbup::thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 32Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 10 |