2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

You now how disclaimers work.

Dont you?

The web announce says "most"

The video has a disclaimer.

You are complaining because a missing * ?

To much nitpicking, dont you think?

Where in my posts did you see a complain? Nowhere, right.

I'm sure after a bit of rethinking you get why I posted this.

It's still better advertising than the MOSCOW — Burger King does LOL.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team
So, news for this week are last week's sales, a remake of the ka-50 promo, a two week old video of the f-18 and the most important: "Stable" version is now as stable a OB.:megalol:

Many people are excited about the updates to the Ka-50, the F/A-18C news was about a real pilot talking about landing the Hornet on a carrier in DCS, and finally the move to stable, which MANY people are eager to hear happened as they were not interested in Open Beta.

So while it might not be the news you want, its important news to many.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Many people are excited about the updates to the Ka-50, the F/A-18C news was about a real pilot talking about landing the Hornet on a carrier in DCS, and finally the move to stable, which MANY people are eager to hear happened as they were not interested in Open Beta.

So while it might not be the news you want, its important news to many.

I wasn't expecting any particular news. I've been arround long enough to know how it works, but ended up posting in the worst way. My apologies, not the place or the time to argue about what 'news' means.

Guille H.

Lex's videos are outstanding and in an interview he stated that he doesn't have VR. Given they've just highlighted his contribution in a newsletter I think it would be a nice gesture for ED to ping him over a Rift. While they're at it they could politely suggest he join the forums here (-:

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

"Later this year, we’ll also be updating the Ka-50 cockpit (and A-10C!) to use our very latest graphic technologies...."

Great to see these older but signature modules still getting this degree of love from ED.

Well done guys!

:thumbup:

Most definitely!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not exactly newsletter, but incase people didn't see it, Wags posted this video today: ...

It will be good, although some consider this small, to add to the realism in the Normandy map.:thumbup:

MOOOO!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I could be mistaken but that looked like the Black Sea map in the vid.
You might be right. I just ASSUMED because of the WWII birds flying over. :doh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Great Newsletter this week :thumbup:

Fantastic to see the old girl is finally out of early access, and many thanks for all the love ED have given her since the release. She sure is my all time favourite module in DCS (F18-C a very close second!), she is, simply put.....stunning.

Once we get the updated DM and AI improvements, DCS WW2 will take some beating.

Well done to all at ED and thanks for all your hard work......from a very happy camper :)

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Just curious, no newsletter for today?

It's already been delivered via email. Should be up on the site soon.

Main focus is the announcement of MAC (Modern Air Combat), which is effectively Flaming Cliffs 4.

Developed by the same studio that brought you the wildly successful Lock On, Modern Air Combat (MAC) brings you one game with 14 unique combat aircraft to own the sky! MAC aircraft include:

• F-15C Eagle. US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record.
  • Su-27 Flanker B. Russia's dominate heavy air superiority fighter.
  • Su-33 Flanker D. The Russian navy's carrier capable version of the Flanker B.
  • Flanker B+. The Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles.
  • MiG-29 Fulcrum A. Russia's widely exported light air superiority fighter.
  • MiG-29S Fulcrum C. The modernised version of the Fulcrum with latest weapons and defences.
  • A-10A Warthog. The USAF's massively successful 'flying tank', designed to kill ground targets.
  • Su-25A Frogfoot. Russia's primary ground attack and close air support jet.
  • Su-25T Frogfoot. A modernised version of the Frogfoot with enhanced sensors and weapons.
  • F-86F Sabre. America's iconic top fighter during the Korean War.
  • MiG-15bis Fagot. Russia's 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre over Korea.
  • F-5E Tiger II. The US light-weight fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War and operated by over 30 countries.
  • MiG-21bis Fishbed. Russia's most successful fighter of the Vietnam war. A supersonic fighter that closely matches the Tiger II.
  • L-39ZA. A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Most interestingly, there has been an announcement regarding the dedicated server function we have all been waiting for.

No graphics or sound loading, so you won't need a hi-spec graphics card. Plus it will be remotely accessible via a web browser.

Arriving in the Autumn they anticipate.

Nice!