DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, a lot of people just find steam gauges, iron bombs, and getting up-close and NoE to hit your target more interesting than punching in coordinates and dropping murder bots from 30k ft, 20nm away

Hi all,    we have made it very clear the date is subject to change, internal testing continues and if we need more time we will take it, I think most of you want 2.7 to be the best it can b

I'm sorry to nitpick, but DCS is so much more than a game ... it's the best flight Simulator available to consumers 🙂

Interesting newsletter, you have a lot(like A LOT) on your table ED. I hope everything workes out as planed(atleast for things i care 😜 ). I'm a little disappointed that the Hind is now in the second quarter release timeframe. 😢

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S, using only the latest Open Beta DCS Settings

Oh wow what an incredible newsletter! Am I glad I updated my computer hardware in advance, so I'll be able to fully enjoy the beauty!

Question though: @BIGNEWYor anyone else, can you please confirm the new clouds will also block LoS for AI units, so that we'll have more realistic dogfights through clouds for example? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, padonis said:

Well, there's still a question. Is the Mig-29 up to date? This is probably what many of us are curious about.

I doubt there will be a problem there. To me, the newsletter read like there won't be a "Black Shark 3", just a PBR/geometry/lighting update to bring the module up to DCS 2.5 standards. Hopefully this will free up some personnel to update the other helicopters as well 🙂

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

17 minutes ago, padonis said:

Well, there's still a question. Is the Mig-29 up to date? This is probably what many of us are curious about.

What do you mean by up to date? The only MiG-29 planned right now is the 9.12 MiG-29 Fulcrum A, which is the initial Soviet production variant of the early 80s.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

27 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

The more feasible solution is to do earlier BLUFOR aircraft that are comparable to REDFOR modules we can actually do.

This!

• Like 4

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I mean, is it still in the plans or will it be. Because as we can see, BS3 is unlikely to be finished. According to the announcement, they were to start doing the Mig-29 after BS3, so theoretically they could start. However, reading the latest news, his fate may be similar to BS3.

13 minutes ago, padonis said:

I mean, is it still in the plans or will it be. Because as we can see, BS3 is unlikely to be finished. According to the announcement, they were to start doing the Mig-29 after BS3, so theoretically they could start. However, reading the latest news, his fate may be similar to BS3.

That is the question. But the BS3 had some hightech stuff(for red) on its plate, that's probably the reason why it was canceled. A Mig-29A you can buy at every street corner - exaggerated said 😉

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - Oculus Rift S, using only the latest Open Beta DCS Settings

25 minutes ago, padonis said:

It was only discussed, not announced officially compared to the AH-64 for example. But reading the newsletter, I only understand that BS3 is dead due to restrictions on modern military tech in Russia. If they are able to release an old Mi-24 Hind, for sure, a similarly old Mig-29 is fair game. But it does confirm that anything modern, as in probably in use by the Russian air force, is out of the question.

I want to emphasize the courage to release such a detailed newsletter when some here might nitpick and hold ED accountable for anything as if it was a promise in blood. And it really looks like 2021 will be an exciting year!

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3000MHz | RTX 2070 SUPER | HP Reverb G2 | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 | Thrustmaster TCWS

6 hours ago, padonis said:

Unfortunately, the loss of the content of the new machines on the side of RED is the nail in the coffin of DCS World. Soon, only Western planes will fly in the sky, because you have to tell yourself the truth that FC planes are only FC. The full module Mig-29, Su-27 or Su-30 should be a priority, moreover, it is not some modern machine. It is known about the newer ones that there is nothing to dream about.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a big problem, cause games never focus on a specific plane/side @@ Drama much? That's not relevant to DCS future.

Also, why do gamers have so much trouble understanding governments do not care about their hobby or if some ''enthusiast'' can't play a game? You guys routinely forget that these are real weapon systems and that politics does indeed factor in.

• Like 2
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

I'm tempted to pre-purchase the Mi-24, because of its large discount  🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, zhukov032186 said:

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a big problem, cause games never focus on a specific plane/side @@ Drama much? That's not relevant to DCS future.

Also, why do gamers have so much trouble understanding governments do not care about their hobby or if some ''enthusiast'' can't play a game? You guys routinely forget that these are real weapon systems and that politics does indeed factor in.

This is understandable, but the Mig-29 and Su-30 are no secrets there, many countries have flown them and still fly. There is nothing secret anymore in them.

Edited by padonis
30 minutes ago, padonis said:

This is understandable, but the Mig-29 and Su-30 are no secrets there, many countries have flown them and still fly. There is nothing secret anymore in them.

By the Russian military secrec act is a problem, ED dont go to make them (dont like get to jail by a game). Has the same situations to a F-14D by Heatblur or other aircrafts.

• Thanks 1

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube

57 minutes ago, padonis said:

As I said in another thread, secrecy or classification is irrelevant. We're talking politics and national security. Flight manuals for any number of aircraft are declassified and perfectly legal to have in the USA, but if you carry it across state lines or give it to a foreign national it's a felony. I'm sure it's the same with Russia and many other countries. And again, this is about politics and the various countries tit for tating each other. They do not care about whether hobbyists can access their information.

• Like 4
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

What an exciting list for 2021 and beyond. 

Looks quite demanding for the team, but of course just reading the list doesn't account for work that has already been completed on some of these tasks.

Thanks for sharing your plans with us.  Looking forward to it all!  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Why does ED even focus on "Dynamic Campaign", isn't that gonna be purely singleplayer (or only very few players) anyways? If so, then I'd gladly pass on that feature and instead prefer ED to either

A) finally host official realistic PvP servers (ft. CSAR mod etc.) or for ED to

B) make sure that at least one certain PvP multiplayer-server finally (after 1-2 years..) stops banning loyal players for childish reasons (heated but still friendly discussion as example) and unbans those again. At least that PvP MP server just has way too much power, due to the nature of flawed management-structure on that server (the historically to-mankind-known infamous "1-man-full-authority" structure...)

I guess option B) is the way less exhausting option for ED... (Sometimes it just takes a short communication between respected ED staff and a PvP MP server management to improve MP for everyone... 😉 )

please, everyone, make sure you support PvP multiplayer in the right way, please always play on servers with a power-divided management structure (=several rational people having to vote about server-related decisions), thank you!!

Not referring to RSR server here (in my signature), that server is really awesome!

Edited by DanielNL
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

DCS Wishlist: Stinger fix (frustrating bug since 1+ year already...), TOR SAM selfdestruct-logic (more logical behaviour. Issue since 6+ months already)

canopy 6DOF tracking-limit (deny head-through-canopy), 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM

basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a DCS pilot claims about another famous DCS pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence - that would only be bullheadedly
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB  - "5 years clean, came back because hornet" - a long-time DCS player on Discord

PvP: 125+ hours AV-8B VTOL (denying low-to-medium airspace since 2020), JF-17 AKG-A2A, F-16C, F-14 pilot - PvP campaigns since 2013

20 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Why does ED even focus on "Dynamic Campaign", isn't that gonna be purely singleplayer (or only very few players) anyways? 

maybe because the SP crowd is a large majority?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

44 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Why does ED even focus on "Dynamic Campaign",

Never fly multi player, not since I owned Lock On, what, 20 years ago??

Not my thing, same as a gazillion other players.

• Like 10
31 minutes ago, Mr_Burns said:

Never fly multi player, not since I owned Lock On, what, 20 years ago??

Not my thing, same as a gazillion other players.

Same. I've been playing flight sims since the early 80's and joined the ED journey the day Flanker came out, but I've got zero interest in MP. Been waiting for a Dynamic Campaign ever since the Falcon 4.0 days.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

All I see is more processing power, more processing power....

I know I'll only be flying in clear sky if volumetric cloud is as power hungry as MSFS 2020 clouds.

And synchronize them in MP and then AI to follow its visibility rules..... I'm actually scared.

2 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

All I see is more processing power, more processing power....

I know I'll only be flying in clear sky if volumetric cloud is as power hungry as MSFS 2020 clouds.

And synchronize them in MP and then AI to follow its visibility rules..... I'm actually scared.

It's the usual story:

• Some people want constant, tangible visual improvements and eye-candy.
  • Some people want newer, better, higher fidelity core features.
  • Some people want a constant stream of new modules.
  • Some people want better performance.

Ultimately ED have to keep moving forward and balancing all four of the demands (and more that I've failed to identify and call out).

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I like how it's looking. A lot. 🙂 It looks like Q1 and Q3 are going to bring some really good things to the world (besides COVID vaccines, of course 🙂 ). Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy them with a Reverb G2, which I'm planning to get myself soon-ish.

Shame about the Ka-50, but MiG-29 is probably still on the table, and there had been some recent comments about Su-27S not being as out of reach as we might have thought. Dunno if the interview in question postdated the new laws or not, but either way, the original generation of the Su-27 doesn't really have anything fancy like the new Black Shark was supposed to.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, DanielNL said:

Why does ED even focus on "Dynamic Campaign", isn't that gonna be purely singleplayer (or only very few players) anyways? If so, then I'd gladly pass on that feature and instead prefer ED to either

A) finally host official realistic PvP servers (ft. CSAR mod etc.) or for ED to

B) make sure that at least one certain PvP multiplayer-server finally (after 1-2 years..) stops banning loyal players for childish reasons (heated but still friendly discussion as example) and unbans those again. At least that PvP MP server just has way too much power, due to the nature of flawed management-structure on that server (the historically to-mankind-known infamous "1-man-full-authority" structure...)

I guess option B) is the way less exhausting option for ED... (Sometimes it just takes a short communication between respected ED staff and a PvP MP server management to improve MP for everyone... 😉 )

please, everyone, make sure you support PvP multiplayer in the right way, please always play on servers with a power-divided management structure (=several rational people having to vote about server-related decisions), thank you!!

Not referring to RSR server here (in my signature), that server is really awesome!

Here we go again. Let the battle between SP and MP forces begin...

Here is my counter strike then: 

Stop MP development, focus on core game and stable SP experience first. Once the game is complete in this regard think about MP for "only few players".

Nah... forget it.

Excellent newsletter, looking forward to announced items of interest! Thank you ED!

• Like 3
Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta

All I can say is that if someone has never flown in MP, they have lost a lot. Nothing can replace fighting and working with a real person than with "AI". For many years I only flew "SP", I had to grow up to "MP" and gain faith in my skills. People are more unpredictable than "AI". I quickly noticed that I lacked skill when turning AI opponents into real people. And of course, new friends, after several years of flying together also in real life. But others prefer to lock themselves in their rooms and pretend that "AI" thinks like a real human, choosing to be alone in front of the screen. To sum up - I recommend the "MP" mode, there is nothing to be afraid of.
As soon as there are new clouds and everything related to them, it will be a real revolution in "MP". I fly both MP and SP, each mode has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by padonis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, padonis said:

All I can say is that if someone has never flown in MP, they have lost a lot.

I played MP for a year and a half, but got tired of the obnoxious, immature  and rude people that one encounters on the MP scene ... finally realized that I enjoyed DCS more when playing alone.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 6