DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also, a lot of people just find steam gauges, iron bombs, and getting up-close and NoE to hit your target more interesting than punching in coordinates and dropping murder bots from 30k ft, 20nm away

Hi all,    we have made it very clear the date is subject to change, internal testing continues and if we need more time we will take it, I think most of you want 2.7 to be the best it can b

I'm sorry to nitpick, but DCS is so much more than a game ... it's the best flight Simulator available to consumers 🙂

33 minutes ago, wasserfall said:

There goes my hope fo a full DCS Mig29 or Su27:( Yet another American module.

At least the Apache has effectively a peer counterpart with the Ka-50, though has far superior sensors and is fully night capable.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

6 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

At least the Apache has effectively a peer counterpart with the Ka-50, though has far superior sensors and is fully night capable.

I always thought the peer counterpart to the AH-64 is the Mi-28.

• Like 4

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

58 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I always thought the peer counterpart to the AH-64 is the Mi-28.

If you wanna be precise about it sure, but as it now stands there is now a modern, capable attack helicopter on both sides.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

3 hours ago, jetsimace said:

took about 45 minutes to load

Haha that reminds me I wrote some DOS scripts back in the day to improve the memory management of Jane's Longbow 😄

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

Multi crew the bomb! Tried it out works great! Going to do a lot of sars mission on the blue server. 

• Like 1

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater comeback " WF.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Sir Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," WC, GBS.

"Asus X Maximus X AC WiFi z370 ||i9x9900k||ddr4-32gb PC4000||RTX 3080-10gb||EVGA SN 1300 G2 ||turtle beach elite pro 7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr 4/ir|| ViRpiL,T50cm|MFG CrossWinds||Virpil TCM50x2 Throttle||EVGA RGB z10 / Trqx10|| ReverbG2VR @ 3168x 3092 90hrz

what does the cow represent?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i5-7500| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Kingston FURY 32g DDR4 3200MHZ | MSI Z170A-PRO | Plextor M9PeG 1T SSD M.2 | ST 8T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

13 hours ago, jetsimace said:

Yeeaaahhhh  - Apache Longbow incoming !!!!!
I still have great memories to which (at least for me) was the mother of all flightsims: Gunship on Commodore C64, meanwhile 34 years (!) ago - took about 45 minutes to load from datasette (tape).

I fully remember, it tended to stop short before entering the cockpit 😉

Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z-97 Pro Gamer, 32 GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400, Asus GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Hotas Warthog + 7cm extension + Delta Sim´s Slew Mod + Sahaj´s Green Spring, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals

11 ore fa, wilbur81 ha scritto:

**LOUD APPLAUSE**  **SMILES**

image.png

Yes, new clouds are stunning, absolutely fantastic....but we need to wait again. It would have been nice have a first release for Christmas.

However the new weather is more than expected, really fantastic.

With this sky, DCS will be a dream to fly.

BRAVI!

Edited by Conroy
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, flanker1 said:

what a shame, regarding this video the future will be 95% western hardware and gameplay. . .  no red forces, no cold war scenarios. never forget your roots. . .

Any future expectations of the Tornado series and the Red force Mig 27 has now been VERY effectively shut down. There are not many planes down the pipeline on project for most to venture for, other than going for the Peak cold war era jets from the 60s and so on. So far, there is no mention or plans for Cold war era jets.

The Iconic F-4 Phantom module itself remains on vague development note and appears to be push back to a much later unknown date...looks to me, its going take 2024 around for that to happen...

I do not know what to feel about the Apache. Since I do not own any helo modules. Tried the Blackshark, found helos to be much more difficult to fly and be effective. I certainly do love to fly it...too bad I am terrible with helos.

AH-64 was hinted during the Syria map trailer. But we thought it was those fast movers and not helos. Not many of us are helo flyers, even when I do find the Hind and the Apache so very iconic...yes, the Blackshark too, all of which are intensely combat capable.

I do own all the Fast movers except the A-10C latest which I might purchase this Christmas. So, I too thought it was something that was marketable on an OVERALL spectrum for both fast and slow mover users when they hinted about the so called teased aircraft...

Edited by jojyrocks
9 hours ago, Conroy said:

Yes, new clouds are stunning, absolutely fantastic....but we need to wait again. It would have been nice have a first release for Christmas.

However the new weather is more than expected, really fantastic.

With this sky, DCS will be a dream to fly.

BRAVI!

Maybe in 2022.

2021 will be for ED to catch up with tons of pending stuff from the last years.

Question: I don't fly much in MP, do we still have that desync with clouds? Where I see a cloud others don't?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

On 12/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, wasserfall said:

There goes my hope fo a full DCS Mig29 or Su27:( Yet another American module.

Tell Putin to declassify his toys..then they will be ours

• Like 1

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift