2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

I find it more surprising that in WW2 some factions had useable radar and others didn’t, the proof of concept work was completed in the 1880s.

Mid 1942, Midway, the USN has 45minute warning of surprise guests, the Japanese are only aware of an attack when the USN is knocking on their door. It changes the whole battle and quite possibly world history. It seems incredible that the Japanese, viewed as possibly the most technologically advanced of nations now in 1942 has a surface fleet totally without radar.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 3:30 PM, Mogster said:

It seems incredible that the Japanese, viewed as possibly the most technologically advanced of nations now in 1942 has a surface fleet totally without radar.

Uhm... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_World_War_II_radars

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Anyone else get the feeling that todays newsletter was a somewhat rushed affair, almost cobbled together quickly at the last minute?. 

Nice screenshots and info on the Apache though, however another week with nothing about the Mosquito...

• Like 5

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

6 minutes ago, bart said:

Anyone else get the feeling that todays newsletter was a somewhat rushed affair, almost cobbled together quickly at the last minute?.

Came here to say exactly the same.

Kind of like 1/4th of a newsletter this weekend...

• Like 6

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

21 minutes ago, Jester986 said:

Not really thrilled about how soon the Apache preorder is coming. After the viper release its concerning how close it will be to the hind.

What do you mean? The Apache is planned for EA at the end of the year.

• Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

5 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Came here to say exactly the same.

Kind of like 1/4th of a newsletter this weekend...

Agreed

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Apache ea looks very far. If it was opened to pre purchase in August, then early access will most likely take place in November or December. Almost half a year.

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Anyone have any idea when the new infantry models will be available?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

1 hour ago, pimp said:

What do you mean? The Apache is planned for EA at the end of the year.

Prepuchase is planned for the end of summer Hind will probably go into EA in 1-3 weeks(thats just a guess based on wags videos). So it will only be a few months from hind EA to Apache prepurchase. I wasn't happy with the vipers release and I'm not too happy with its pace of development. On the other hind I've been happy with the EA experience and pace of development on the Hornet. So the proximity of release windows to the Hind and Apache have me concerned about them having a development dynamic similar to the Hornet and Viper.

If ED has developed a more streamlined process to allow for quicker development then great! And if other people were/are happy with the Viper also great. But I'll be waiting until release to decide if I'll participate in EA with these modules.

Edit: "on the other hind" was an unintentional misspelling but Im leaving it in 😄

Edited by Jester986
  • Like 2

"Not really thrilled about how soon the Apache preorder is coming. After the viper release its concerning how close it will be to the hind."

Do keep in mind that they've been working the Apache for some time... AND they delayed the Hind for quite a long time.  I think all as a response, in some part anyhow, to the bitching of the Viper owners who both screamed for Viper release ASAP and then also raised a stink about how the progress was too slow and they had been ripped off.  "Just get it flyable with a 120 and a 9x and we'll be happy for now until the 18 is done I plomise" was the chant as I recall.

Can never please everyone I suppose...  😉

Literally posted as I was typing that...    :)...

"I wasn't happy with the vipers release and I'm not too happy with its pace of development."

Don't take it wrong Jester :)...  but thank you for making my point.  Still not happy 😉

Edited by M1Combat
  • Like 4

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

5 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

Can never please everyone I suppose...  😉

Yep! Very true. And I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter to give ED this customer's preference on EA(F-18 good F-16 bad). If others are happy just being able to fly it thats a valid opinion too. I'm sure I'll end up buying both modules, I'll just wait until I know I'll be happy with their development state.

Edited by Jester986
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

...Can never please everyone I suppose...  😉..

...Don't take it wrong Jester :)...  but thank you for making my point.  Still not happy 😉

Nope you can't, and that's what I was getting at.

2 minutes ago, Jester986 said:

Yep! Very true. And I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter to give ED this customer's preference on EA(F-18 good F-16 bad). If others are happy just being able to fly it thats a valid opinion too. I'm sure I'll end up buying both modules, I'll just wait until I know I'll be happy with their development state.

I get you, but I HIGHLY doubt ED will make the same mistake again. They themselves still mention how bad of an idea that was.

• Like 3

I couldn´t care less about the Apache. Where is the Mosquito, where is Marianas, Damage model for ships, ground objects? Better Bomb effects models, better Interaction with water (Skip), delayed bombs? fuses? ... 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Baco said:

I couldn´t care less about the Apache. Where is the Mosquito, where is Marianas, Damage model for ships, ground objects? Better Bomb effects models, better Interaction with water (Skip), delayed bombs? fuses? ... 

In works, in works... 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

"Yep! Very true. And I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter to give ED this customer's preference on EA(F-18 good F-16 bad). If others are happy just being able to fly it thats a valid opinion too. I'm sure I'll end up buying both modules, I'll just wait until I know I'll be happy with their development state"

For sure...  BUT...

Let me just tap out my thoughts on that for a sec and please don't take it the wrong way.

What really happened is they EA'd the Hornet...  And all was good for a while.

Then...  they teased the 16.  All was s till fine (I mean aside from regular unsettlement of the masses for sure 🙂 )

Then...  They mentioned that it's actually flyable and the flight model is pretty reasonable.  The flight model and 3d model guys were pretty well along with the hornet so had some time to work on the Viper so they did...

That's when it all went haywire.

The COMMUNITY demanded that the F16 be released in ANY state...  as long as it has a half decent flight model, an Aim-120 and MAYBE even an Aim9 of some sort.  They roar of the crowd chanting VIPER VIPER VIPER was deafening.

The crowd plomised (<-- 70's show reference) that if ED would just release the F16 so we could fly it and just get a glimpse...  they would just stay quite patiently until the F18 was done or very done but for sure they would be quiet and server operators could just not put them in the servers if it was too OP and unrealistic...  All these things were plomised by the community in an effort to convince ED that they could safely and without repercussion...  release the WIP F16.

I'm sure ED saw a few $$ also...  That may have nudged them a little... sure...

But then...

They did it.

After that the community that was Pro 16 went absolutely ape crap and then started demanding that the F16 be worked on a feverish pace with no breaks, drop the 18, no holidays, NOW, NOW, NOW!!!!1!1!11!!!!ONE!!!1!!!!

NOW!

We got SCREWED!!!  Will ED EVER complete this stupid viper I paid for after demanding that I be able to pay for it WAY before it was finished and WAY before the prior module was finished???  WTH ED???  W T H?

So...

ED moved a few devs off the 18 to please people.

Then...  The pace of Hornet development slowed down a bit.

Then...  The F18 crowd started saying "hey wait...  The crowd said they wouldn't do this...  what happened to the 18???  ED forgot about it???"

Then it went...  "We got SCREWED!!!  Will ED EVER complete this stupid Hornet I paid for that I bought before the Viper was even ANNOUNCED???  WTH ED???  W T H?"

So...

Then ED moved the devs back to the 18 (not all of them mind you) so they could try to make it right regarding what they had done and what the community had plomised to NOT do.

So...  What REALLY happened...

Was ED trying to please the community at EVERY step...  and the community poking them with pitch forks.  At every step.

So...  Yes ED learned from the communities lack of honor AND their own mistaken belief that the community would uphold their end of the deal and wait patiently.

Now...  We have people starting the same stuff regarding the APache.

I've got no love for someone who gives ED "too much" grief on this subject.

WE made it happen.  US.

You and me sir :).

Sit back.  Relax.

Ed makes WONDERFUL sim planes.

Be patient :).

Edited by M1Combat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

10 ore fa, M1Combat ha scritto:

"Yep! Very true. And I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter to give ED this customer's preference on EA(F-18 good F-16 bad). If others are happy just being able to fly it thats a valid opinion too. I'm sure I'll end up buying both modules, I'll just wait until I know I'll be happy with their development state"

For sure...  BUT...

Let me just tap out my thoughts on that for a sec and please don't take it the wrong way.

What really happened is they EA'd the Hornet...  And all was good for a while.

Then...  they teased the 16.  All was s till fine (I mean aside from regular unsettlement of the masses for sure 🙂 )

Then...  They mentioned that it's actually flyable and the flight model is pretty reasonable.  The flight model and 3d model guys were pretty well along with the hornet so had some time to work on the Viper so they did...

That's when it all went haywire.

The COMMUNITY demanded that the F16 be released in ANY state...  as long as it has a half decent flight model, an Aim-120 and MAYBE even an Aim9 of some sort.  They roar of the crowd chanting VIPER VIPER VIPER was deafening.

The crowd plomised (<-- 70's show reference) that if ED would just release the F16 so we could fly it and just get a glimpse...  they would just stay quite patiently until the F18 was done or very done but for sure they would be quiet and server operators could just not put them in the servers if it was too OP and unrealistic...  All these things were plomised by the community in an effort to convince ED that they could safely and without repercussion...  release the WIP F16.

I'm sure ED saw a few $$ also...  That may have nudged them a little... sure...

But then...

They did it.

After that the community that was Pro 16 went absolutely ape crap and then started demanding that the F16 be worked on a feverish pace with no breaks, drop the 18, no holidays, NOW, NOW, NOW!!!!1!1!11!!!!ONE!!!1!!!!

NOW!

We got SCREWED!!!  Will ED EVER complete this stupid viper I paid for after demanding that I be able to pay for it WAY before it was finished and WAY before the prior module was finished???  WTH ED???  W T H?

So...

ED moved a few devs off the 18 to please people.

Then...  The pace of Hornet development slowed down a bit.

Then...  The F18 crowd started saying "hey wait...  The crowd said they wouldn't do this...  what happened to the 18???  ED forgot about it???"

Then it went...  "We got SCREWED!!!  Will ED EVER complete this stupid Hornet I paid for that I bought before the Viper was even ANNOUNCED???  WTH ED???  W T H?"

So...

Then ED moved the devs back to the 18 (not all of them mind you) so they could try to make it right regarding what they had done and what the community had plomised to NOT do.

So...  What REALLY happened...

Was ED trying to please the community at EVERY step...  and the community poking them with pitch forks.  At every step.

So...  Yes ED learned from the communities lack of honor AND their own mistaken belief that the community would uphold their end of the deal and wait patiently.

Now...  We have people starting the same stuff regarding the APache.

I've got no love for someone who gives ED "too much" grief on this subject.

WE made it happen.  US.

You and me sir :).

Sit back.  Relax.

Ed makes WONDERFUL sim planes.

Be patient :).

🤣

I'm so sorry,but I dont agree to this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2021 at 2:51 AM, uboats said:

There will be something coming for Marianas soon, but not su30

Liaoning + J-15 🙂 AI that is. My wild guess @uboats 🙂

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:14 AM, Jack_Veil said:

🤣

I'm so sorry,but I dont agree to this

well...  That's the nice thing about facts...  They aren't there for you to agree to or not...  It's simply what happened :).

• Like 2