2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Multi crew the bomb! Tried it out works great! Going to do a lot of sars mission on the blue server. 

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

what does the cow represent?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

13 hours ago, jetsimace said:

Yeeaaahhhh  - Apache Longbow incoming !!!!!
I still have great memories to which (at least for me) was the mother of all flightsims: Gunship on Commodore C64, meanwhile 34 years (!) ago - took about 45 minutes to load from datasette (tape).

I fully remember, it tended to stop short before entering the cockpit 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

11 ore fa, wilbur81 ha scritto:

**LOUD APPLAUSE**  **SMILES**

image.png

Yes, new clouds are stunning, absolutely fantastic....but we need to wait again. It would have been nice have a first release for Christmas.

However the new weather is more than expected, really fantastic.

With this sky, DCS will be a dream to fly.

BRAVI!

Edited by Conroy
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, flanker1 said:

what a shame, regarding this video the future will be 95% western hardware and gameplay. . .  no red forces, no cold war scenarios. never forget your roots. . .

Any future expectations of the Tornado series and the Red force Mig 27 has now been VERY effectively shut down. There are not many planes down the pipeline on project for most to venture for, other than going for the Peak cold war era jets from the 60s and so on. So far, there is no mention or plans for Cold war era jets.

The Iconic F-4 Phantom module itself remains on vague development note and appears to be push back to a much later unknown date...looks to me, its going take 2024 around for that to happen...

I do not know what to feel about the Apache. Since I do not own any helo modules. Tried the Blackshark, found helos to be much more difficult to fly and be effective. I certainly do love to fly it...too bad I am terrible with helos.

AH-64 was hinted during the Syria map trailer. But we thought it was those fast movers and not helos. Not many of us are helo flyers, even when I do find the Hind and the Apache so very iconic...yes, the Blackshark too, all of which are intensely combat capable.

I do own all the Fast movers except the A-10C latest which I might purchase this Christmas. So, I too thought it was something that was marketable on an OVERALL spectrum for both fast and slow mover users when they hinted about the so called teased aircraft...

Edited by jojyrocks

9 hours ago, Conroy said:

Yes, new clouds are stunning, absolutely fantastic....but we need to wait again. It would have been nice have a first release for Christmas.

However the new weather is more than expected, really fantastic.

With this sky, DCS will be a dream to fly.

BRAVI!

Maybe in 2022.

2021 will be for ED to catch up with tons of pending stuff from the last years.

Question: I don't fly much in MP, do we still have that desync with clouds? Where I see a cloud others don't?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

On 12/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, wasserfall said:

There goes my hope fo a full DCS Mig29 or Su27:( Yet another American module.

Tell Putin to declassify his toys..then they will be ours

• Like 1

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

2 hours ago, Joni said:

Question: I don't fly much in MP, do we still have that desync with clouds? Where I see a cloud others don't?

Yep. About a month ago, my wingman lost visual on me in a cloud that existed only for him. I had no cloud at that place and kept visual on him throughout.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

9 minutes ago, Harker said:

Yep. About a month ago, my wingman lost visual on me in a cloud that existed only for him. I had no cloud at that place and kept visual on him throughout.

That's just sad, I don't want to be that guy but... That's just really sad for 2020. I hope we see improvements soon, ED has the skills.

Edited by Joni

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, jojyrocks said:

Any future expectations of the Tornado series and the Red force Mig 27 has now been VERY effectively shut down. There are not many planes down the pipeline on project for most to venture for, other than going for the Peak cold war era jets from the 60s and so on. So far, there is no mention or plans for Cold war era jets.

Which is an absolute shame, because the vast majority of assets in DCS that aren't BLUFOR modules are around the mid-to-late Cold War.

The Iconic F-4 Phantom module itself remains on vague development note and appears to be push back to a much later unknown date...looks to me, its going take 2024 around for that to happen...

I'm personally hoping a 3rd party will pick it up, as the message said (wink wink Heatblur). An early 70s any variant will be the perfect counterpart to the MiG-21bis and will fit brilliantly with the SA-2, SA-3 and the WIP SA-5, all of which are 70s versions as far as I know.

I do not know what to feel about the Apache. Since I do not own any helo modules. Tred the Blackshark, found helos to be much more difficult to fly and be effective. I certainly do love to fly it...too bad I am terrible with helos.

AH-64 was hinted during the Syria map trailer. But we thought it was those fast movers and not helos. Not many of us are helo flyers, even when I do find the Hind and the Apache so very iconic...yes, the Blackshark too, all of which are intensely combat capable.

I'm looking forward to the Apache, it's a more or less a contemporary to the Ka-50 we already have. The only problem is that if it ends up as a D (AFAIK, despite the 2021 and beyond video, the RADAR is kinda in a state of limbo at the moment, which is the main highlight of the D over an A.

As for not many helo fliers, I'd imagine it's probably because there aren't many helicopters.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

There are a lot more helo drivers than you guys may think. Indeed the Huey and Blackshark were some of the very first DCS World modules released.  Then helo development seemed to stagnate for a long time, until recently it picked up again with the Kiowa, Hind and now Apache.  Some of us who came for the helos ended up staying for the jets when nothing new came out for us for a long time.  Many will now be going back to being rotorheads!

DCS World has about the most realistic helicopter flight modelling possible on the PC (as it also does for fixed wing), nothing else really comes close, so I’m pumped to see the Helo stable getting larger!

• Like 7

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Sandman1330 said:

There are a lot more helo drivers than you guys may think. Indeed the Huey and Blackshark were some of the very first DCS World modules released.  Then helo development seemed to stagnate for a long time, until recently it picked up again with the Kiowa, Hind and now Apache.  Some of us who came for the helos ended up staying for the jets when nothing new came out for us for a long time.  Many will now be going back to being rotorheads!

DCS World has about the most realistic helicopter flight modelling possible on the PC (as it also does for fixed wing), nothing else really comes close, so I’m pumped to see the Helo stable getting larger!

Don't forget the BO-105 (and even the Eurocopter) 😃

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Sandman1330 said:

I’m pumped to see the Helo stable getting larger!

So am I, as long as they don't forget to bring the Huey and Mi-8 up-to-date to DCS 2.5 standards, with PBR textures and proper lighting etc. The sooner the better...

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I'm glad to see the upcoming goodies. When the "eagerly awaited brain melter" was first mentioned, my initial though was just the AH-64D, and well, it's "just" that even though BN kept saying it never had been announced or teased before. Still glad to have it in the pipeline officially now. The clouds in that video look so awesome it's hard to believe that it is DCS I was watching. What a great job! Can't wait to clear those skies in 10 seconds flat rdlaugh.png

And as always, the quality of the video went from 10 to 11 - again. I really wonder when GA reaches his peak where he can't get any better... and Nick's voice in it made it (almost) perfect luna-trcv.png

I wish the team Happy Hearth's Warming, as happy as it can be with the current restrictions. Fly safe and see you in a hopefully better year! fsgrin.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Good news, the Mig-29 is to be after Black Shark 3, unfortunately work on the BS3 is suspended due to lack of people and it is not known when it will start again. So my excitement is very limited.😞  Still, I wish ED the best.

Edited by padonis

Superb Video.

The DCS Apache D (Longbow)will be bloody awesome!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Merry Christmas! will there be a weekend newsletter today?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

No news today?

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

51 minutes ago, flankerjun said:

No news today?

通过我的 V1955A 上的 Tapatalk发言

3 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Merry Christmas! will there be a weekend newsletter today?

They said in the last one already:

"As this will be our last newsletter before Christmas..."

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta