2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

From the newsletter...

The Spanish and Italian Navy both actively operate the AV-8B V/STOL.
Does that mean there are now Spanish / Italian paintschemes?

The Night Attack was first seen causing real havoc with the United States Marine Corps during the Gulf War of 1991.
I had to read that several times.

The marvellous machine continues to provide exceptional realism and withholds many features a Hornet Pilot could only dream of.
Did you really mean "withholds"? Or was that supposed to be "has"?

I'm also a little puzzled why the AV8B got such a feature in the Newsletter. Did I miss something?

Or perhaps this is related to something Ron said in the interview he gave to the Air Combat Sim Podcast a few days ago. He mentioned that they secured a deal for the Harrier very similar to the one they made with the French Armée de l'Air, perhaps something bigger is in the works.

Pure speculation from my part.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

DCS: Flying Shopping Cart confirmed! rdlaugh.png

:megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Night Attack AV-8B N/A V/STOL

Hi.

What is Night Attack AV-8B N/A V/STOL section doing in this newsletter? Has Razbam completed this module and it is out of early access?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi.

Has Razbam completed this module and it is out of early access?

I wish!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi.

What is Night Attack AV-8B N/A V/STOL section doing in this newsletter? Has Razbam completed this module and it is out of early access?

My guess would be last ditch incentive.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I hope they solve the FM model bug, the aircraft is not rolling around its longitudinal axis and it is not flyable with crosswind.

Without this bug, it would be probably the best module to fly.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

The AV/8B was not used in the Falklands.

Looking through recent newsletters, they don't seem to do random module spotlights for individual modules. The only exceptions are to give specific development updates, or if they are announced or released. My guess is they are just going to use newsletters as advertisement.

Hopefully is the Syria map VR optimized and not like the Channel map. Thanks :D

What do you expect? It's been out since just a few days. Lets talk about VR performance once it's fully released.

Valid question from boedha68 imho. I don't own the new channel map and i will not buy it(i own the normandy map) but what you could read after EA release it's not very performant in VR.

Quote newsletter:

...This week our third-party partner Ugra Media announces DCS: Syria as a new addition coming soon to DCS World. This will be one of the most complex and asset-rich terrains available and is the first third party module to be written using our updated code base....

Considering the poor performance of the channel map(VR) - ED themself building that map - and the highlighted part of the newsletter....i don't think the Syria map will be very performant (VR) for a long time. :sad: But i hope i'm wrong on that part because i'm very interested in that map.

And i don't undestand why that AV-8b is in that newsletter too! :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hopefully is the Syria map VR optimized and not like the Channel map. Thanks :D

VR optimized? In DCS?

megalol.gifmegalol.gifmegalol.gifmegalol.gif

Oxymoron.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Interesting concept

The AV/8B was not used in the Falklands.

Looking through recent newsletters, they don't seem to do random module spotlights for individual modules. The only exceptions are to give specific development updates, or if they are announced or released. My guess is they are just going to use newsletters as advertisement.

Maybe just to make newsletter a little bit longer.

One thing that bothers me with weekly newsletter is that most of the important items such as current matters, leaks, mini updates and interesting comments are covered via various social media comments, buried in this forum or gathered from discord and reddit throughout the week, then Friday news is talking about the fact there was an update that week or that the Harrier is a DCS module.

Newsletter content quality seems to be less these days, or maybe the intended audience has changed. It used to be something I was very much looking forward to every week, but now, often it feels that it wasn't worth the wait.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Maybe just to make newsletter a little bit longer.

One thing that bothers me with weekly newsletter is that most of the important items such as current matters, leaks, mini updates and interesting comments are covered via various social media comments, buried in this forum or gathered from discord and reddit throughout the week, then Friday news is talking about the fact there was an update that week or that the Harrier is a DCS module.

Newsletter content quality seems to be less these days, or maybe the intended audience has changed. It used to be something I was very much looking forward to every week, but now, often it feels that it wasn't worth the wait.

Couldn't more agree Gierasimov, very well said

• ED Team
Could someone please let me know where to find the newsletter? I can't find it anywhere on the DCS website. Thanks!

Hi

you can find them here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4383025#post4383025

or make sure you have subscribed in your dcs profile for the email

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/order

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

True and valid

I guess when Syria and Marianas come live the game will be about 200GB?

Cloud be. Fortunately, storage these days is rather affordable and comes with nice space as well. Even SSDs.

Cloud be. Fortunately, storage these days is rather affordable and comes with nice space as well. Even SSDs.

Ah I'm prepared 1TB of m.2 at 3500 read / 2500 write, but soon I guess that will be obsolete ;D

Anyways, hoping for those 2 maps soon! Nice work!