2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Looks like the artwork is pretty far along. So is this a completely separate third party or a Belsimtek type of third party?

A new german third party

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Eurofighter with Meteor missiles, F14 go home ;-)

I don't think it will have Meteors....

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I also had to read it twice ... the Eurofighter should come. THAT would be awesome !! I sincerely hope that TrueGrit Virtual Technologies can put together a capable development team. And delight DCS World and us with an ingenious module. I definitely keep my fingers crossed for them! Memories of Super EF2000 from DID are awake ... 'dream'

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Yes.... Scandinavia map next.... Please

I still hear "Trondheim Værnes" in my ears...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I still hear "Trondheim Værnes" in my ears...

"Trondheim Værnes"...Tower.... Condor.... Taxi. Still remember very well... Hahahah

I like the pilot accent when he says "final gears down"

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I don't know either, but it would be nice to have something against that bloody Tomcat.

It has something against the tomcat, mach 1.5 supercruise and a service ceiling at 55k ft at which it can apparently still pull "some g" those amraams are gonna go very far

So is the Eurofighter the "eagerly awaited" module that ED hinted at earlier this year? Or is that still something else.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I also had to read it twice ... the Eurofighter should come. THAT would be awesome !! I sincerely hope that TrueGrit Virtual Technologies can put together a capable development team. And delight DCS World and us with an ingenious module. I definitely keep my fingers crossed for them! Memories of Super EF2000 from DID are awake ... 'dream'

Didn't DID do a more detailed version of EF2000 for the RAF to help train pilots?

• ED Team
So is the Eurofighter the "eagerly awaited" module that ED hinted at earlier this year? Or is that still something else.

No we will announce our eagerly awaited module later in the year.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Amazing news! I've been waiting for proper Typhoon Simulation since 1998 DID Eurofighter 2000! Was really disapointed when the company responsible for bringing to HAWK to DCS vanished from the market as they were in the long process of creating Typhoon. I'm So happy Its finally comming to DCS! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

In the newsletter there is info about:

Their team size stands at 15 today but they are always on the lookout for experienced coders to continue to grow. See more development screenshots below.

Is it only me not beeing able to find these screenshots?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• ED Team
In the newsletter there is info about:

Their team size stands at 15 today but they are always on the lookout for experienced coders to continue to grow. See more development screenshots below.

Is it only me not beeing able to find these screenshots?

Seems to be working for me

link is here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/572/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can confirm that the Newsletter posting on this very board is sans pictures and has been the whole day. Probably the admins however can see things since people have been reporting some invalid access issues ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189136&page=231 ). I've followed the link posted by someone ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/ ) to see them though and had no issues there.

"Trondheim Værnes"...Tower.... Condor.... Taxi. Still remember very well... Hahahah

"Oslo Gardermoen... Tower... Condor... Taxi" is the one I had in mind rdlaugh.png

And I'll probably never forget that distinct engine sound as well. And the utter lack of NWS HI. That thing had a turn radius on the ground like a fully laden Fortress at 35kft. But the dynamic campaign was so awesome... even better than Microprose's by some opinions. So you see what we'll need? icon_exclaim.gif

BTW the need for a Tornado now has been doubled! luna-trcv.png

Could be. Definately brain melting. But somehow I guess that announcement of an announcement was related to something that's being made by ED themselves dealwithit.png

No we will announce our eagerly awaited module later in the year.

thanks

Beat me to it... won't remove what I wrote though rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The problem is in the newsletter on the forum(at least for me), in the email there is a link to the screenshots.

1.thumb.jpg.17fd05a142d70a10bfd6fe22cf6373ea.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings