2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Yep same, no email, despite usually getting them. Not in junk either.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team
are there known and proven (by data and sources) problems with eastern aircraft gun dispersion? It may be that its simply easier to find data or video sources for western militaries right now.

No, there is no conspirology behind this fact. "WW II aircraft" means that German planes got this improper deviation by mistake too.

And the news was about the dispersion only for one contemporary gun - GAU-8. It was stated in the newsletter that M61 had its 8 mils D80%.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I too did not receive a newsletter this week, the first Friday I did not since at least 2018.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

No email for me either. This is a first time that this has happened since The Friday newsletter started:music_whistling:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

OB update tomorrow? Confirmed?

No, not confirmed, just planned and plans are subject to change.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

What the hell? This module is not even one year old and got that discount already? I hope ED is not doing this because of any financial problems.

Weird thing is that the discount is only available on Steam currently.

you thank someone when they help you.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Curious to see if this discout makes it to the ED Store! Or... Can I purchase this through Steam to use on Stand Alone? If it does, CONSIDER IT DONE!
Yes you can transfer your steam purchase to stand alone but not the other way around.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Was this viper discount on last newsletter?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Was this viper discount on last newsletter?

Not that I'd be aware of rainbowdashwink.png

Maybe that deal is somehow related to the corona "stay at home" thing going all around the ball icon_question.gif

OB update tomorrow? Confirmed?

OB will be in quarantine until 4-19 and remember guys, everything is subject to change icon_redface.gif

If you happen to come across some sort of humor, you may keep it dealwithit.png

I'd be glad however to get an update tomorrow though salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Nearly bought the F16, but ill wait to see if its discounted on ED

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

Nearly bought the F16, but ill wait to see if its discounted on ED
F16 is 50% off on Steam this week and free weekend supposedly so hopefully will come to PC also.

Sending U best wishes from Wales! Keep singing Happy Birthday!!

DW

F16 is 50% off on Steam this week and free weekend supposedly so hopefully will come to PC also.

Sending U best wishes from Wales! Keep singing Happy Birthday!!

DW

This week? Unannounced? Just the Viper? That's weird. And it says there's only 23 hours left to get this deal, not a week.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1090850/DCS_F16C_Viper/

Those of us who bought it in pre-sales only got 20% off. Same thing happened with the Anton, which went on 50% off sale after only being out for 4 months (and most of that time, broken beyond playability). They're teaching us a lesson here.

Yes this Price policy is completely Stupid for all people who bought it already.

The F16 it's not nearly finished and still Alpha,but get 50% off the Product Price.

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Yes this Price policy is completely Stupid for all people who bought it already.

The F16 it's not nearly finished and still Alpha,but get 50% off the Product Price.

@ micsmotionsimulator

That's how all their EA aircraft should be priced. We should be rewarded for being early adopters. When it's a full module, *then* charge full price.

If ED have made this decision as some form of COVID-19 response then they should be applauded in my view. I'm sure all early adopters would understand and support this move too.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

That's how all their EA aircraft should be priced. We should be rewarded for being early adopters. When it's a full module, *then* charge full price.

You have that free choice.

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1