2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Looks like an AIM-7 to me. Perhaps that AIM-7P we were promised ages ago? :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I was probably just seeing things

(F18C with dummy Sparrow )

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
Maybe. Fins look a little odd to me for an AIM-7. Really thick at the base and there seems to be some protuberances on the tips. Anyway, just my uninformed opinion.:P

Folks, it's just an AIM-7M loaded on a Hornet with a Supercarrier deck crewman. Nothing to read into it.

AIM-7P is still on the to-do list, but a very low priority compared to other features.

Thanks

Folks, it's just an AIM-7M loaded on a Hornet with a Supercarrier deck crewman. Nothing to read into it.

AIM-7P is still on the to-do list, but a very low priority compared to other features.

Thanks

Thanks Matt. We can quit wrestling with the suspicion now.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks Matt. We can quit wrestling with the suspicion now.

Guessing about consperancies is part of the fun :D

(until people take things too serious of course)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Great quantity of "stuff" added on that path, not show on the newsletter, including Cows, fire bombs, mines, torpedos, WW2 bombs, etc.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4211686&postcount=1669

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4211688&postcount=1670

Thats quite the list of add on stuff.

Very heavy on the new Cluster bombs too. Hopefully we will see some CBU mechanics improvements soon.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

"Aircraft Artificial Intelligence (AI)

In 2019 we made initial improvements to the dogfight AI that delivers more realistic and human behaviour, this also includes implementation of modern control theory Necessary Condition Analysis (NCA) and Incremental Nonlinear Dynamic Inversion (INDI) to all our AI aircraft in DCS in 2020. The new approach will extend flight envelopes and improve AI control quality and control response in mass and moment of inertia changes. In 2020 we will continue this effort, but also devote resources to improve other AI areas to include:

Beyond Visual Range (BVR) offensive and defensive behaviour

Formation keeping and correct use of external lights

Air-to-Ground attack maneuvers

Very-low level flight and terrain following

Defensive threat responses (SAM and AAA)"

Does the lingo in this paragraph mean that the new AI won't be UFOs anymore?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

BLU-97 bomblets! Are we going to that level of fidelity on the JSOW-A now? And does that mean TLAM-D is coming soon?

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Awesome video (again) ED. Really nice to see helicopters get a feature. The use of them on the carrier looks great and seeing them fly over tropical forests sets the mind racing. With the new Ka50 (and upcoming OH58, Mi24 and Bo105) there's a rotor world to look forward to. :)

Then, there's the 190 A8 paintschemes. And all the other updates too. This newsletter was definitely and inspiring one for me.

Nice to hear that you will take your time checking future updates internally for a longer time. :thumbup:

I wonder how long it will take before peaople are complaining that you need to long for patches because you test them.... :lol: SCNR ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings