2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team

We will have more news in Fridays newsletter, we think you will enjoy.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Something great is coming... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4114829&postcount=225

Today's newsletter

attachment.php?attachmentid=221531&stc=1&d=1574430146

Thanksgiving Sale 2019 Starts today!

Get great savings on that module you have been waiting for! The Thanksgiving sale starts today, November 22nd, and runs until December 8th. Save up to 50% on most DCS World products, the only exceptions being:

• F/A-18 Hornet by ED - 25% off
  • Persian Gulf Map by ED - 25% off
  • F/A-18 Hornet + Persian Gulf Map bundle -35% off
  • DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time
  • DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time

attachment.php?attachmentid=219466&stc=1&d=1571377155

Note: the sale only applies to released, non-pre-order products.

Open Beta Delay

We planned and announced the release of our next Open Beta on the 20th of November 2019. However, due to substantial technical issues faced in the development of certain F-16C Viper features we were compelled to move the Open Beta release to the 27th of November 2019. As a small bonus for your patience we have prepared a Thanksgiving gift – our new VoIP in-game feature:

DCS Voice Chat gives our players the possibility to talk within DCS multiplayer sessions without the need to use other applications. It's based on WebRTC technology and brings high-quality audio communication to the game right out of the box.

For the initial release, DCS Voice Chat contains one common room and separate rooms for each coalition with free movement between common and chosen coalition rooms. Soon after the initial release, we'll add support of user-created rooms with the possibility to create a personal audio chat for you and your friends. Also, you can choose to use an open mic or Push-to-talk function.

We have huge plans for further development of the feature including automatically created rooms for multi-crew, radio support with real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain, frequency-based coms etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221532&stc=1&d=1574430662

F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign Released to Steam

The F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign is now available from Steam

The FA-18C Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an FA-18C Hornet as a new Aggressor pilot with the VFC-12 the "Fighting Omars" on loan to the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base. Based on real-world procedures, you will fly as Red Air against Blue Air forces. Upon arrival you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) and then face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dissimilar aircraft.

attachment.php?attachmentid=213963&stc=1&d=1563525037

• Your opponents include the F-4E, F-5E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188, MiG-21 and Su-27.
  • 12 single player practice missions with in-air starts to help you perfect your BFM tactics, techniques, and procedures.
  • Over 1000 voice-overs and over 45 pages of briefing material that includes RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Knee-boards, and Mission Data cards.

DCS World Tutorial & Training Range

DCS World can be a bit daunting to new players, so this week we introduced a new forum section for those just getting started in DCS World, those still learning, and those that enjoy helping others. You can find it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=663

If you are a new user, this section is for you! We will be building a repository of the best DCS World tutorials and guides. You can also meet players that want to help you and squadrons looking for new members that want you to have fun and learn.

If you are a video tutorial or guide creator for DCS World, this section is also for you. Here you can share all your great content and get feedback from your audience.

Do you enjoy helping new DCS World pilots? A rewarding aspect of this hobby is working together to spread knowledge and give a helping hand to new pilots.

The goal of this new section is to help flatten the DCS World learning curve, and we look forward to your participation and feedback on how we can further improve it.

Development Report #6

• Working with our partners at Deka Ironwork, we plan to release the DCS: JF-17 Thunder on December 4th, 2019. It will be available from both the DCS World e-Shop and Steam. Stay tuned for more details!
  • The team has been cranking away on the F-16C Viper, but we needed a few more days to complete the announced features for the next Open Beta. Eagerly awaited features of the next F-16C update will be the Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode, initial data link, external lights, centerline fuel tank, and more. Following this Open Beta, our modern-day fixed-wing jet dev team will focus on the Hornet’s targeting pod, TWS and other radar modes, updates to weapons like the JDAM and JSOW, and more.
  • Supercarrier work continues to revolve around the deck crew animations, improved lighting and visual effects as well as the LSO station. We are on track to release the Early Access of this module in the very near future.
  • Both the A-10C and Ka-50 new cockpits are progressing well with a lot of work invested into realistic textures and effects. We will use these products to take cockpit night lighting to the next level.
  • The Mi-24 cockpits are progressing well and we should be able to show you the first renders in the very near future.
  • The P-47 is looking beautiful inside and out and our flight model engineers have been very busy tuning the flight dynamics to match the real aircraft based on excellent references and first-hand pilot experience.
  • The visual effects of the new WWII damage model are now getting most of the focus because the internal damage effects and the physics are nearly complete. It’s just as important for the damage to look correct as the impact on systems and aircraft performance.
  • The basics of the dynamic campaign simulation engine are working in the map view and we’ve been using this to test the RTS element of the system. To support this, we’ve been adding new icons to the map for items like factories, warehouses, logistic units, and more. Work is also underway on providing visual indications of ground force movements and emplacements in the map view.

Thank you all for your passion and support.

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Dear ED, is it possible that you forgot to release World is apart campaign on steam?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
So to confirm we can expect an OB release on 27th and on 4th December as things stand? (As I assume the JF17 will go to OB first?)

That is how it is looking now. Although I can imagine the OB on the 4th being a smaller one just to support the JF17.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That is how it is looking now. Although I can imagine the OB on the 4th being a smaller one just to support the JF17.

Hi! Judging from the latest weekend news, there seems to be considerable progress in the dynamic campaign?! So, is there any hope for initial implementation at the end of this year?

Hi! Judging from the latest weekend news, there seems to be considerable progress in the dynamic campaign?! So, is there any hope for initial implementation at the end of this year?

As far as I know, they said the initial implementation of dynamic campaigns will be in 2021.

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Today black friday release supercarrier early acces? :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Today black friday release supercarrier early acces? :D

No. But maybe preorder? :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DCS Voice Chat Roadmap -

[...]

Iteration 1 - Q1 2020

User-created rooms

Auto-created rooms for multi-crew

Auto-created rooms for key frequencies set in the Mission Editor

[...]

Will iteration 1 also come with integration for cockpit PTT/Mic-buttons?

For me personally that would be the first major selling point to start using integrated voip over teamspeak etc.

First of all it's always good to have less buttons to map, because no hotas has enough buttons ever, secondly it's just way more immersive to use "proper" mapping and realistic button functionality for all communications.

So, please consider adding cockpit PTT integration with interation 1!

thanks.

Is the JF-17 still coming out next week ? I haven't seen a single line mentioning it nor some sort of teaser/launch video.

Even if it's a 3rd party module, ED usually helped them launch their products. I remember seeing Heatblur products being put into the light more than that. (and maybe Razbam av-8b too).

Maybe it's Deka's plan to play it lowkey but in any case, it's weird it's this quiet before a launch.