2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

I know there are many other things we've been looking forward for ages (2.5, SoH, Harrier, Hornet..) but I'm still happy about the Yak-52. There are many flying examples of it in my country and doesn't cost much to go up in a ride, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to DCS.

I know there are many other things we've been looking forward for ages (2.5, SoH, Harrier, Hornet..) but I'm still happy about the Yak-52. There are many flying examples of it in my country and doesn't cost much to go up in a ride, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to DCS.

I hear you. And I didn't mean I have anything against the module - especially as it is integrated from ED's other work. I would question the announcement if this was made specifically for DCS at this point in time.

Some might argue there is no point in having the module, but then again no-one is required to have all the modules. I'm glad to see variety in the sim even if it is not an armed aircraft.

I guess this module can be used to simulate GAT around busy airfields by players on larger servers. Sure makes it more interesting to operate an actual combat aircraft - especially with someone as ATC.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

I find it hilarious that ED didn't bother saying anything about the Harrier EA launch on the newsletter... but instead stole the show with the Yak-52 :D

Why bother when the Harrier is actually being released the following week and they can go "available now!"?

End of last month saw the Harrier EA purchase newsletter.

Edited by Buzzles

Why bother when the Harrier is actually being released the following week and they can go "available now!"?

End of last month saw the Harrier EA purchase newsletter.

That is true as well. Though ED has typically announced release dates on their newsletters. In this case it was only announced by RAZBAM and rather casually at that.

Well. What matters is that it is coming and we know when.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

On October 27th we had a full exclusive Weekend News announcing the Harrier beeing released in the last days of November. I think this weekend news plus the late announcement about the November 29th is more than enough.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Excellent letter here from the ED Team, posted by Wags.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3303383#post3303383

Very much appreciate the news update and glad to be aboard. thumbup.gif

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

read the article, I have to say Matt is very up beat

"We plan to release DCS World 2.5 in the coming weeks!"

Iam hoping this is not too many weeks, as after all everything is subject to change and all that

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Eagle Dynamics; Providing us with a sense of pride and accomplishment... For learning 600 page manuals, mastering weapons employment, and systems management in some of the most legendary Aircraft of the 20th and 21st century (And yeah, a few trainers too which are pretty neat I guess.)

Good to see there are still some good Devs out there that still stay true to their vision

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Right behind the Hornet, we have other modern, combat fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft ready for development within the Eagle Dynamics internal studio.

my humble guess: f-16 and ah-64 :) but it doesn't matter at all, hyped already :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Now thats a newsletter!! Thank you ED :thumbup:

Great too see Vulcan API is in the pipeline too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Could 2.5 come before Christmas? If so I can see a lot of my time off enjoying it!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It would be great to have just one version of DCS, and even better if it's released before Christmas.

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Thanks a lot for this! Great to have a little view "inside" ED.

I'm totally one of the guys that are annoyed by the WWII stuff that was coming out during the recent years, I have been waiting on NTTR since the release of the "Alpha-Alpha" version of it in 2009 when the DCS A-10C came out as a beta

(NTTR alpha then disappeared for a few years as some people may know)

I have been waiting for the F/A-18C Hornet since at least 2012 and didn't care much for anything else that was released since 2009 (with a great surprise by Belsimtek last summer, the F-5E)

Again: thanks a lot for this open statement, I think a lot of people will appreciate it as much as I do :thumbup:

I have experienced other small software companies struggling with new graphic engines, so I think I know what this really means (namely a CAD software), I'm really glad you kept going this way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have been waiting on NTTR since the release of the "Alpha-Alpha" version of it in 2009 when the DCS A-10C came out as a beta

That occurred in late 2010.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: