2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

For controller issue you mean? Or other issue?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yeah, it's 1940 there in Moscow right now so I wonder if they will be putting one out today. :huh:

19:40, not 1940 xD Could be understood wrong

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I've only noticed it in Ka-50, maybe only F-18C owners are affected? Or player with a specific controller only?

As these last days have been really frustrating with messed up controls, it just dawned on me! I've been trying to limit screentime for my kids, especially the severely addicting games like Minecraft. And I realized, I'm not following my own advice! There, I'm an addict. This sim is just so great and yes, addictive. When I was denied of my fix I got really frustrated and anctious to get in the vr skies. And mad for someone else messing up keybinds. So....

I need to get a life, so to speak.

I think I'll go to my woodworking shop and do something creative and productive. Like finish my Hornet simpit :)

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

As these last days have been really frustrating with messed up controls, it just dawned on me! I've been trying to limit screentime for my kids, especially the severely addicting games like Minecraft. And I realized, I'm not following my own advice! There, I'm an addict. This sim is just so great and yes, addictive. When I was denied of my fix I got really frustrated and anctious to get in the vr skies. And mad for someone else messing up keybinds. So....

I need to get a life, so to speak.

I think I'll go to my woodworking shop and do something creative and productive. Like finnish my Hornet simpit :)

I can understand.

Now that I am retired guess what I spend most of my time on - yep, practically a daily thing now for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I want to know if the AI will benefit from the new Damage Model or this is only for human controled aircraft.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I want to know if the AI will benefit from the new Damage Model or this is only for human controled aircraft.

I would love to know that too. Hopefully it will apply to both. Unless I misunderstood something, the implementation of this is imminent, which is amazing news. I've been looking forward to this almost as much as the P-47, if not more.

The damage modeling is impressive... will be really interesting to see someone get hit say in the tail and then you hear them complain about aircraft acting funny and they know they got hit, and then you look at them and say, yup.... you got a big hole in the empennage. :)

Edited by aileron

I ED,

I'm not sure that my controller profiles are the best. Then you introduce default controller profiles.

It's would be great to have pictures of the defaults controllers profiles.

For each supported controller and each airframe :D

Thanks.

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

What a great surprise on the damage model update, didn't expect it.

Also there's some typos in newsletter from the 19th Oct 2018 as we speak:

DCC World

and maybe

it’s time for them to move them to move on to a new project

Also "Modeling Update" ... maybe it's suppose to be "Damage Modeling Update"

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 4 weeks later...

waiting for the week-end news letter !!!

:)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Is the newsletter the place to look for the first official confirmation that a module has hit EA?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• 2 weeks later...

Very excited about the mention of VR improvements in today's newsletter.

Ability to use Touch controllers for stick sounds interesting also, although with my HOTAS setup I am more interested in any performance improvements for VR.

Hopefully they come sooner rather than later!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

:thumbup::joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||