Mirage Status

Joni

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the role of this mirage? clearly not an air superiority fighter.

what is its usage in the current DCS world? For instance, what aircrafts do you engage in the campaign?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

whats the role of this mirage? clearly not an air superiority fighter.

what is its usage in the current DCS world? For instance, what aircrafts do you engage in the campaign?

It's a light fighter/interceptor with secondary strike capabilities.

You can use it as an air superiority fighter but your small missile load will force you to have a small time on target.

I don't remember but I think Mig-23/29 and Su-27.

In multiplayer you can take anything if you use the good tactic.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Thanks, sorry for so many questions

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

The Mirage 2000C is a great module despite some of the delayed features and corrections to identified issues.

It is my aircraft to go to but at this time I have it sitting in the hangar until the next update hopefully changes a few issues that are important to me.

New features as described by Zeus for weapons management and HUD are very feature rich and closer to the real Mirage.

This is all happening right now but has been previously delayed as the developer RAZBAM has had to change their focus for a bit according to their needs and priorities and are now, as I understand it, clearing a bit of the backlog on features and corrections.

This aircraft is a dream to fly and fight in.

It will be some time until the F-18 is out and I would not fly any other jet in the interim. Then the F-18 will probably go through its introduction issues as well. :)

clearly not an air superiority fighter.

You're wrong. Air superiority is not about the aircraft only. It is actually very similarly used like a Su-27 designed as an interceptor too. The Mirage 2000C in the early 1980 had top tier missiles and maneuverability. It has nothing to be ashamed of compared to contemporary Soviet and US equipment except the radar because of the small form factor. But it was not designed to patrol alone over a big Siberia or a Pacific ocean, however it is highly effective with team work and good ground control.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Because it's long to write, I will say some of it :

- Some HUD symbology

- Alert altitude

- Some magic missile function like cone search

- Some INS functions like desired route

This is what I can think of at 2am :D

But the above doesn't prevent you from flying and being good with it.

@Bogey Jammer : What is with the éclair pod ?

Some important bugs are missing from your list:

- bugged Close Combat Mode that can cost you many fights: you can't unlock a contact (friendly for example) and relock another one (the enemy)

- radar that resets the elevation if you simply unlock ( not a big problem but can cost you precious seconds and confuse you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some important bugs are missing from your list:

- bugged Close Combat Mode that can cost you many fights: you can't unlock a contact (friendly for example) and relock another one (the enemy)

- radar that resets the elevation if you simply unlock ( not a big problem but can cost you precious seconds and confuse you)

Those bugs are not a big problem to me so I did not list them but your are right, they can be annoying :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Those bugs are not a big problem to me so I did not list them but your are right, they can be annoying :).

This bug is the most critical one in combat. To me it's more critical than the HUD which not 100% realistic but alright, the altitude warning is also annoying but it's not so bad either.

You seem to interupt every single bug report in this exact same way, to some of us these bugs ARE a problem!

Please change the record, we get it by now.

You seem to interupt every single bug report in this exact same way, to some of us these bugs ARE a problem!

Please change the record, we get it by now.

What ?

I'm not saying that they are not problems or bugs, I'm just saying that they are not a big problem to ME. I'm not saying the the bugs are not a problem or anything.

Sorry for voicing my opinion to someone that asked for it :).

BTW could you point me to the bugs report that I am interrupting so I can see what you are talking about ? I would then be able to see what is the problem with me when I talk about bugs :).

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

You use the same line every time someone posts something related to m2k, it doesn`t matter if it`s a bug or not. From the obvious issues with the FM, to any other issues related to this module there has not been a single thread without you saying that it`s ok like this.

Edited by Slims
  • Like 1

You use the same line every time someone posts something related to m2k, it doesn`t matter if it`s a bug or not. From the obvious issues with the FM, to any other issues related to this module there has not been a single thread without you saying that it`s ok like this.

I still see no links to bugs reports ;).

Sorry that respectfully voicing my opinion is annoying to you but I won't stop doing it.

Edit : I will no longer answer those off-topic remarks, if you have a problem with my posts feel free to PM me so we can talk about it. If you think my posts are inappropriate please report them to the moderation team.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Does the mirage radar have datalink?

GCI only, no AWACS at the time ;)

What does that mean? GCI provides datalink right now?

GCI doesnt even work right now as far as I know. Tested this and posted in the forums

I know, doesnt work. Only works for russian planes right now.

Like I said, tested it and posted it...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188652