Mirage Status

Joni

Chuck manual state is worst than the official manual at the moment with a lot of outdated and wrong data (nonetheless a very good guide :thumbup:).

I can't keep up with tracking every change with each patch... keep in mind that I don't do this full-time.

If you can help me identify what's currently out-of-date, that'd be appreciated.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think it`s ED`s job to script how the plane acts with total hydraulic failure, or for that matter any other failure.

No, it is not. It is ED's job to provide the tools for us developers to simulate how a system work and its failure.

Also why is ground radar also on ed`s side doesn't the Viggen have air to ground radar ?

Because Viggen radar is not supported by ED. So any change in DCS can potentially make the Viggen unstable and cause CTD.

We'd rather wait for a fully supported tool rather than create our own and then spent the rest of the time worrying if it is going to break on each update.

The issues i`m describing don't happen in other plane the fact that you can survive direct hits from r27, aim120, sam`s, DIRECT hits to the cockpit, and every time you get hit the exact same things happen are not on ED`s side.

That is not my experience so I cannot comment on these. I always go down whenever a missile hits my aircraft.

The problem is with near misses and proximity fuses, yes they do exist in DCS. These are not simulated correctly so what you think is a direct hit could actually be a proximity fuse activating inches from the fuselage instead of touching it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

But i don't get it A10C and Ka50 have these stuff modeled since release years ago, they still work today. It is also very easy to check you just have to go set the malfunction too 100% and voila it works. But in m2k i can set everything too 100% and nothing happens.

Regarding the hits, i grant you i doesn`t always happen to survive direct hits, but when you do survive and i doubt this has not ever happened for anyone, the only stuff that malfunctions is: nose cone drops, radar is out, rwr stops working, and for some reason with fully operational engine in aft you can not pass certain airspeed (increase in drag) and that is it. This happens regardless of what hits you aim120, r27, AAA, sam, never more, never less. I think only once it happened for me after i survived a hit to get an engine fluctuation, and that happened right after that got implemented 1 year ago, it does not happen any more...

I cannot even complain that the system indication panel does not light up, since nothing ever breaks except what i mentioned above. But when i get a hit i`m on fire loose a wing and go in an inverted stall towards the ground shouldn't something light up on the system panel indicator ? Except for the start up sequence and occasionally PCAB i`ve yet to see that panel indicate anything.

I grant you there has been a slight improvement over the original release when you could fly without wings and on fire, but it is far from being ok...

But i don't get it A10C and Ka50 have these stuff modeled since release years ago, they still work today.

Can't speak for the A-10C but the Ka-50 damage model 99% of the time be the hydraulics... Even infantry shooting 5.45/5.56 at several hundred meters are a serious threat.

Even the most mature of modules are going to benefit massively from an improved damage model system

Edited by Dehuman
grammar

Mirage is a very redundant plane, you should't be in serious harm unless you miss a wing or loose the engine as you have 2 hydraulic systems. I don't know for the triggered failure, I did not used them. Maybe the options are available but they do nothing ?

9 ou of 10 times I'm crashing to the ground when hit by anything other than a R-60 so I don't have the same experience you have.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I can't keep up with tracking every change with each patch... keep in mind that I don't do this full-time.

If you can help me identify what's currently out-of-date, that'd be appreciated.

I understand it very well and I don't want you to be offended by what I said :).

Your guides are a big help for the community but I've see some people reporting outdated and wrong info from it so I just warn people to double check with the aircraft manual :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

As far as I remember in A-10C we (people I fly with ) switched off the random failures, cause either nothing would happen or the plane would simply start falling apart piece by piece until it's gone.

It's very fair from RAZBAM and Zeus to actually disclose how the damage model works:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3006523&postcount=6

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3006735&postcount=11

I believe RAZBAM is the team to be trusted about the details, unless we have a Mirage 2000C ground crew chief on forum who'd prove they're wrong. Right ?

Edited by Skitter

• 2 weeks later...

Mirage Status

Sorry but you are wrong, us fanboys can see that :).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3165770&postcount=4698

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3165798&postcount=4700

Yeah, don't bash devs when you don't know the whole story ;).

@Piston85 If your main concern is a finished module then you are wise to wait :thumbup:

the E3 is over now and work seems to be still focused on the Harrier and not the Mirage ASM. But I will complain after 3 weeks as Zeus said.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

the E3 is over now and work seems to be still focused on the Harrier and the Mirage ASM. But I will complain after 3 weeks as Zeus said.

Yeah but the truth is that we get updates from Harrier almost daily, while in the Mirage, apart from excellent feedback from CptSmiley (thx buddy!) who seems the only one actually working on the product, we just receive silence. And avionics have lot of bugs which have to be adressed, yeah they are not CTD but still for those looking for realism is not an optimal situation and in the long term ends up killing our "supportive spirit".

Regards!

Yeah but the truth is that we get updates from Harrier almost daily, while in the Mirage, apart from excellent feedback from CptSmiley (thx buddy!) who seems the only one actually working on the product, we just receive silence. And avionics have lot of bugs which have to be adressed, yeah they are not CTD but still for those looking for realism is not an optimal situation and in the long term ends up killing our "supportive spirit".

Regards!

I wanted to say the focus was only on Harrier and NOT Mirage. The "not" was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to say the focus was only on Harrier and NOT Mirage.

Exactly!

I told that almost a month ago here but the fanboys still cannot believe,cannot see the truth.

Sad... Mirage was put in the background,I bought the Alfa/Beta M2000C in order to support the Mirage and NOT to direct all resources,time,team and attention in the Harrier or another project and forget the M2000.

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

@Hamilton

Sorry but you are wrong, us fanboys can see that :).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3165770&postcount=4698

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3165798&postcount=4700

Yeah, don't bash devs when you don't know the whole story ;).

The focus WASN'T on the mirage but according to RB they will put the focus on it again very soon :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I think all of this happens in the whole sim world, its not a problem with Razbam only.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

@myHelljumper

With all due respect myHelljumper, you're a nice guy who helps a lot here in the forum, but honestly I do not believe it anymore, sorry.

As being said above, lot of bugs which have to be adressed,reported since last December and we just receive silence and to watch HIGH priority to Harrier !?

Sorry but I'm talking like a customer who used to believe but...

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Dont buy the Harrier until they update the Mirage.

You always have this option as a customer. And if you are still complaining, dont buy ever a Razbam product.

Easy.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

@myHelljumper

With all due respect myHelljumper, you're a nice guy who helps a lot here in the forum, but honestly I do not believe it anymore, sorry.

As being said above, lot of bugs which have to be adressed,reported since last December and we just receive silence and to watch HIGH priority to Harrier !?

Sorry but I'm talking like a customer who used to believe but...

Ok then, if you don't to believe the devs it's your choice :).

Just please don't call the guys who are still believing fanboys as it is disrespectful.

I would like that the things go faster with the mirage but the devs have their priorities and they even explained them to us.

Zeus even said that he understood and appreciated that we wanted the 2000 finished before the harrier goes into early access.

So I have reasons to believe :).

A big FM and system update is planed so time will tell.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Dont buy the Harrier until they update the Mirage.. And if you are still complaining, dont buy ever a Razbam product. Easy.

This is not the solution and NOT my point here. Razbam make excellent products.

The point is we were the guys who paid for this project (Alpha/Beta) Mirage and they´ve used and still using everything (time,resources,team and attention) in the Harrier. That´s all.

Exactly!

I told that almost a month ago here but the fanboys still cannot believe,cannot see the truth.

Sad... Mirage was put in the background,I bought the Alfa/Beta M2000C in order to support the Mirage and NOT to direct all resources,time,team and attention in the Harrier or another project and forget the M2000.

I think the last part stated here is very important and it is why it has created a lot of discomfort within the community.

It isnt nice to support a product and see all your money going somewhere else.

I dont agree with the fanboys word and all the anger, but I did find myself in the same situation with other products and it isnt nice.

I still hope all gets finished for the sake of our beloved sim world.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Just please don't call the guys who are still believing fanboys as it is disrespectful.

Sorry myHelljumper but I was not referring to you or those who believe in the project. I was referring to those who only accept the compliments, the good things and not the arguments,the opinion of others, the bugs, the silence,etc

When I decided to buy this product in the phase it was, many said they would never do it, etc. Then I answered that I was giving my support so that they would had resources to implement the project. And I did it because I believed. So I feel like I'm betrayed seeing all the attention going to the Harrier. If you don´t believe check yourself the Harrier forum and youtube Harrier videos,It is unbelievable how fast the development of this project until the stage that is now for such a complicated plane.

This thread is from yesterday,check it out: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3173757&postcount=1521 err, by the way how long has the first Mirage been launched? One and a half years ago... Ok

Edited by Hamilton

Sorry myHelljumper but I was not referring to you or those who believe in the project. I was referring to those who only accept the compliments, the good things and not the arguments,the opinion of others, the bugs, the silence,etc

I would completely renounce to use such titles since the "fanboys" could call you in this case Flamer, Hater or Troll. It's seem to be time for both sides to calm down a bit.

Regarding the silence, CptSmiley stated yesterday that some FM changes are already done and I'm pretty sure this was not the last time...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To the Op,

I think this thread has demonstrated that there are no "major" bugs to stop you from enjoying this module. There are some minor bugs that exist, as with every single DCS module. NONE of them have reached a state of absolute perfection, or completeness. Due to the ever evolving nature of DCS World, they never will.

Contrary to some posts here, if you check the other threads, you will see the team does address issues, both new and old with the module.

There are no "show stoppers" with the M2kC.

It's a great module!

• Like 1

Complaining is OK.

Complaining over and over no.

You can buy a Beta or Early Access once, and then complain because slow progress. You can do it maybe twice. But the third time you are doing the same and complaining its only because your fault, wanting to enter the Early Acces game voluntary.

So. use your time on complete modules, enjoy them and try to master them, it takes time, and only when other products are complete buy them.

If you want to try a Early Access product, be prepared to suffer problems, bugs and slow updates sometimes. You pay for an Early Access, with discount. If you dont like how they are progressing, dont buy early access products.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4