CK37 weapon status in TAKT and FÄLLD LAST light bug

Dirkan

On 6/16/2018 at 11:18 PM, Dirkan said:

You're welcome QuiGon. I look forward to it.

Unfortunately your table is broken due to the new forum, but I just tested TAKT status and last light with various weapons (RB-24, RB-24J, RB-74, RB-75, RB-05, RB-04E, RB-15, Bombs) and got correct indications. Seems to be fixed!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Unfortunately your table is broken due to the new forum, but I just tested TAKT status and last light with various weapons (RB-24, RB-24J, RB-74, RB-75, RB-05, RB-04E, RB-15, Bombs) and got correct indications. Seems to be fixed!

Thank you, I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: Updated.

I might add that there's still some minor issues remaining concerning the FÄLLD LAST and SPA mode (flashing lights if payload remains). Also.

Edited by Dirkan

4 hours ago, Dirkan said:

I might add that there's still some minor issues remaining concerning the FÄLLD LAST and SPA mode (flashing lights if payload remains). Also.

Recently I had hung stores, one bomb remaining, while the FÄLLD LAST lamp was lit. I could not drop the remaining bombs.  I don't know what caused it, but I saw the remaining bomb in external views. Is that one of the minor issues you're referring to?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

Recently I had hung stores, one bomb remaining, while the FÄLLD LAST lamp was lit. I could not drop the remaining bombs.  I don't know what caused it, but I saw the remaining bomb in external views. Is that one of the minor issues you're referring to?

The issue is still the switch to SPA and expecting the Fälld last light to flash. It doesn't. Also, firing the BK90 shouldn't light the Fälld last light according to the Swedish manuals.

8 hours ago, Dirkan said:

The issue is still the switch to SPA and expecting the Fälld last light to flash. It doesn't.

What exactly is that supposed to indicate? I couldn't find this behaviour described in the DCS manual.

8 hours ago, Dirkan said:

Also, firing the BK90 shouldn't light the Fälld last light according to the Swedish manuals.

Hmm, the DCS manual says the opposite, which I took as reference, as I don't have the Swedish manuals and can't read Swedish:

Stores released indicator light:
Solid light: All dispenser pods released if in mode series.
Flashing light: Not all pods released if in mode series.

:dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

What exactly is that supposed to indicate? I couldn't find this behaviour described in the DCS manual.

Hmm, the DCS manual says the opposite, which I took as reference, as I don't have the Swedish manuals and can't read Swedish:

:dunno:

It's not a documented behaviour in DCS, no. I'll quote the manual and post a translation.

As you know, the output from TAKT on the CK37 can be used to indicate whether or not you still have weapons or pylons left on the hardpoints.

A 1 means that there's a weapon on the pylon (only applies for "new" weapons that send an IDENT-code to the computer) or that there's a pylon still on the hardpoints (like after dropping bombs, you still have the thick pylons hanging)

A 0 means an empty hardpoint (tom balk), or ARAK/AKAN pods. This means that it'll be a 1 if you've dropped all your bombs but the pylons are still attached to the hardpoint.

The list of new weapons are found in the following picture:

balkstatus.PNG

"After enginge start all six pylons are continously monitored for health and status. Because not all loads identifies electrically to the aircraft's computer system, the monitoring will only gives improved funktionality where the "new" weapons are attached (RB 15, BK90, RB 75, RB 24/24J and RB 74).

During the indentification stage, the IDENT-code is read from the respective hardpoint. The code reveals if the hardpoint is empty or if any load has identified itself, or if the correct settings have been made to the load. The IDENT-code is also read during the operative stage. In conjunction with dropping/firing, the code indicates separation from an empty hardpoint or pylon depending on the weapon"

Capture66.PNG

1 * OK. Vapnet är identifierat
- * Tillåten IDENT-kod ges av RB24/24J,74, RB 75, RB 15, BK, AKAN, ARAK 70 och tom balk

0 * FÄLLD  Vapnet har fällts
   * TOM  Balken lämnar IDENT-kod för tom balk, AKAN eller ARAK 70.

"1 * OK  The weapon is identified
- *     Allowed IDENT-codes are sent by RB24/24J,74, RB 75, RB 15, BK, AKAN, ARAK 70 and an empty hardpoint
0 * FIRED  The weapon has been fired (Only applies to the "new" types of weapons)"
0 * EMPTY The hardpoint sends the IDENT-code for an empty hardpoint (no pylons attached), an AKAN pod, or an ARAK pod.

The swedes implemented an extra check to see if weapons still remain on the pylons. You move the mode selector to SPA and if weapons are hung on the pylons, FÄLLD LAST will flash. This is useful when the TAKT output won't change after firing, such as when firing an RB04 or dropping bombs. Once you jettison all the pylons, you should get all zeroes. The picture below, take a look at the very bottom.

Capture44.PNG

Blinkande FÄLLD LAST-indikering erhålls vid:

--
--
--

Kvarhängande RB 04, BK, bomber och RB 15-lavett vid övergång till skede SPA samt RB 15 vid övergång till skede LAND.

"Flashing FÄLLD LAST indication is shown when:
--
--
--
Remaining RB 04, BK 90, bombs and RB-15 pylon at selection of mode SPA and RB 15 at selection of mode LAND."

The following is for the BK90.
Bk90.PNG

Fällning sker när strömställaren AVFYRNING trycks in. Endast impulsvis fällning är möjlig

"Weapon firing occurs when the trigger is pressed. Only impulse mode for weapon firing is possible"

The translation is mine, and is a little rough.

Edited by Dirkan
Spelling mistakes
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dirkan said:

The swedes implemented an extra check to see if weapons still remain on the pylons. You move the mode selector to SPA and if weapons are hung on the pylons, FÄLLD LAST will flash. This is useful when the TAKT output won't change after firing, such as when firing an RB04 or dropping bombs. Once you jettison all the pylons, you should get all zeroes. The picture below, take a look at the very bottom.

I see what you mean now, thanks!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Dirkan I've tested this a bit now and I'm not sure if it works correctly. It seems like it works correctly though.

For example: I took 4x BK90, launched 2 of them, switched to SPA -> FÄLLD LAST was flashing. As I understood your previous posts, this is how it should be.

Can you provide an example that doesn't work?

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

12 hours ago, QuiGon said:

@Dirkan I've tested this a bit now and I'm not sure if it works correctly. It seems like it works correctly though.

For example: I took 4x BK90, launched 2 of them, switched to SPA -> FÄLLD LAST was flashing. As I understood your previous posts, this is how it should be.

Can you provide an example that doesn't work?

Thank you for checking. It was my mistake, I assumed it would start flashing immediately, not after a delay. That's on me.