Mission 02 - Instructor Airspeed

Hey everybody,

actually getting back into the A-10 and i started the A-10C Red Flag Campaign.

Does anybody else notice, that the instructor in Mission 02 is flying so damn slow and not at the correct height he is telling over the Radio? I have to fly full flaps down to Keep his Speed and not fall out of the air.

Somewhere between Waypoints 10 and 11 i think there is a hill he is not getting over because of his low airspeed.

I fly the Mission to an end but don't get the message that i can quit the Mission now after landing.

Using the latest Open Alpha Patch.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping to restart the campaign tonight and still have the same issue. Any hope that bugs like this will be fixed any time soon?

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

• ED Team

Thanks for the input, but I've been unable to reproduce this here. Except when in a hard turn or climbing, speed was always a 250 IAS cruise and maintained all called out altitudes. Nevertheless, have increased the air speeds for the next campaign update.

Thanks

Edited by Wags

Thanks for letting us know Wags! I'll reply whenever the update is released whether or not the issue is fixed.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

Hey everybody,

actually getting back into the A-10 and i started the A-10C Red Flag Campaign.

Does anybody else notice, that the instructor in Mission 02 is flying so damn slow and not at the correct height he is telling over the Radio? I have to fly full flaps down to Keep his Speed and not fall out of the air.

Somewhere between Waypoints 10 and 11 i think there is a hill he is not getting over because of his low airspeed.

I fly the Mission to an end but don't get the message that i can quit the Mission now after landing.

Using the latest Open Alpha Patch.

Regards

I've had the same issue and it affected all of the AI for the mission. However, I closed DCS and restarted the computer and the bug resolved. I've seen it once since and it again resolved after a restart. It seems to be unrelated to the AI type, task, or set speed - after a restart everything functions as normal.

-Nick

• 2 weeks later...
I've had the same issue and it affected all of the AI for the mission. However, I closed DCS and restarted the computer and the bug resolved. I've seen it once since and it again resolved after a restart. It seems to be unrelated to the AI type, task, or set speed - after a restart everything functions as normal.

-Nick

I suppose it's related to this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188695

• 3 weeks later...

The airspeed bug seems to be back. Has there been any solution to fixing the instructor airspeed?

Restarted the campaign and mission 1 was fine, but mission 2, the instructor is flying @ 156kt ground speed. I can barely keep the plane flying at that speeds.

Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7ghz, 16 gb G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2800mhz ram, Asus Prime Z270-A mobo, EVGA RTX 2070, 240gb SSD,500gb Samsung 850 evo SSD,500gb HDD, Warthog stick, TWCS throttle,, Thrustmaster T-flight Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5

Yep, bug still takes place. Just right now, as I'm writing this message, my instructor is on his way to Nellis at speed of ~130 kn. Whilst my A-10 is already waiting at the airfield.

Just wondering, will the mission succeed when the instructor finally lands? (ETA ~30 min).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep. As soon as the instructor got close enough to Nellis AF (several miles) 'MISSION SUCCESS' popped up.

Thus, there is kind of a workaround which makes life a bit easier.

You takeoff and fly together with the instructor for a while, and after WP2 (or maybe earlier) you push 100% throttle and fly through the rest waypoints alone, leaving this bugged loser behind. No need to maintain close distance. After flying the route you land, park and then go cooking/sleeping/fishing/watching youtube videos/etc. for approx half an hour. Once the instructor is back, the mission must be finished successfully.

Or, maybe, you don't even need to visit any waypoints, I don't know. Maybe developers will make this clear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble keeping up with the other plane now. In the mission planner the speed is set to 350. Maybe the speed bug has been fixed and now we have the opposite problem?

Also it seems that the briefing PDF isn't exactly according to the actual mission. It says that I should be the lead of a two-flight which isn't the case. It also says you need to keep min 12000 AGL above the farms, but the flight plan is down close to the ground.

• 3 months later...
I'm having trouble keeping up with the other plane now. In the mission planner the speed is set to 350. Maybe the speed bug has been fixed and now we have the opposite problem?

Also it seems that the briefing PDF isn't exactly according to the actual mission. It says that I should be the lead of a two-flight which isn't the case. It also says you need to keep min 12000 AGL above the farms, but the flight plan is down close to the ground.

He is right. I can never catch the other plane too.

And flight plan also seems to have changed after WP13 too, not the same as the documents.

I wonder what more surprises await me in the upcoming missions.

(this is my second run playing this campaign)

• 5 years later...
On 8/2/2017 at 3:04 PM, Wags said:

Thanks for the input, but I've been unable to reproduce this here. Except when in a hard turn or climbing, speed was always a 250 IAS cruise and maintained all called out altitudes. Nevertheless, have increased the air speeds for the next campaign update.

Thanks

Hello, I realize this post is dated.  I'm new to DCS and the A-10C/A-10C II.  I'm running the current version of OB.  With MSM 02 I'm having the opposite issue with Flight Lead.  After making the turn to "Enter Sally" Lead slows down and at level off at 12k accelerates away to what I believe is 300 KIAS plus.  I'm able to stay within the 2NM range as brief to the Sally Elbow if I cut the corner at WP 1 and WP 2.  If I fly the route as published Lead with be approximately 3NM or more away reaching the 12K at the Sally Elbow and continues to pull away.  

Is it possible to reduce the airspeed to 250-270KIAS?  I'd be happy to make the modification and testing to modify the mission.  Once I believe the editor are accurate, I would return to DCS to review/approve the edits to Mission 2.  

Thanks

David 

RF-16-2 A-10C.png

Edited by Whippet41