Additional gimmicks and how they could be achieved

Some of this was posted as 'wishlist items' before, but I'd like to address this to the DEVs for consideration:

- Jet wash

Could be done by using the heat blur feature. The heat blur effect then had to be implemented a second time with extented dimensions (let's say reaching up 300 m behind the aircraft) and has to be merged with the crosswinds/upper winds effects, so that an aircraft passing this zone would be shaken violently, maybe together with an engine flame out. This for sure would make formation flights and AAR more realistic. The main components already exist: Heat Blur, cross winds, engine failure

- Water spray on wet runways

Could be accomplished by modifying the dust effect which occurs when an aircraft flies high speed low level over land. This effect then should be enabled when rain or snow was selected as weather and only on taxiways / runways. This effect then should generate a water spray texture behind the aircraft instead of the dust.

The main component already exists: Dust effect when flying low level high speed. A new texture (or two including snow) for the water spray had to be created.

- Bird strike

Could be implemented by modifying the "civil traffic" feature, but this time adding flocks of birds as new objects instead of single helicopters. A flock of birds could be treatened as one object or actually an object group, enabled for the collision model. So if an aircraft hits such an object, random failures like hydraulic failure or engine failures should occur.

Main components already existing: Collision model, civil traffic feature, system failures, aircraft damage model

- Hung ordnance / misfire

Could be implemented by modifying / adding to the system failure list. Randomly, missiles / rockets should misfire and pods/external fuel tanks should remain attached to the wing stations and from there, randomly even jettison should be disabled.

- Icing

Now this one is really complicated, depending on the weather selection, air temperature model (if there is one in LO/BS), humidity model (for sure not in LO/BS yet) and affecting the graphics (ice built-up on the wings and fuselage) and most important affecting the physical model of the aircraft (weight, drag, manouverability..)

Most features of this list seem to be achievable by merging given effects / features, which IMHO should be much easier to implement than to program and implement completely new features.

Anybody who likes to see this in coming sims ? (I guess, it's far too late to add them to BS by now)

• Like 1

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Hmmmmmm, mission editors still garbage, flight models on non AFM aircraft are suspect, AI are still braindead and we now ask for a feature to allow us to take out seaguls. Gotta love a good priority list....

I know that there are other more important issues, poor AI and the crude mission editor as well at the Flight Models have been pointed out an discussed over and over here, and that is why I did not put them on my list. This is not because I ignore them, but why not asking for other stuff, which IMHO could be implemented relatively easy ??

kind regards,

Raven....

I personally would only care to see jetwash modelled if it was also other than visual, ie.. the turbulence. Which might be possible, but I think ED has greater things to focus on.

Water kicking up on runways would be cool.

Bird strike and icing would also be very cool. Icing I think if possible we would only see on AFM tho.

To add to your list, I am not sure the conditions needed, I would like to see flame-out of engines.

Not wanting to put down these ideas but they would only make sense if everything else was working properly. Missfiring missiles when so few ever reach to target anyway is gonna add to your frustration further...

Fire one! grrr dodged frontaly.

Fire Two! Grrr fell to chaff.

Fire four! Grrr was notched

Fire 5! Grrr lost lock and missile

Fire Six! grrr target turned away and it fell short.

Fire Seven! grrr the target went for 8m high and missile went blind.

hes coming about, hes comming arround!! AHA!!! Fire eight....firing eight...errr...firing eight...hmmm...I said fire 8?! FIRE, DAMMIT HES RIGHT THERE!!! :lol:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Not wanting to put down these ideas but they would only make sense if everything else was working properly. Missfiring missiles when so few ever reach to target anyway is gonna add to your frustration further...

hes coming about, hes comming arround!! AHA!!! Fire eight....firing eight...errr...firing eight...hmmm...I said fire 8?! FIRE, DAMMIT HES RIGHT THERE!!! :lol:

Hahaha true but i don't think you'll fire 8 missiles to hit 1 target. If you do, then plz stop playing LO and put your fighterpilotdream back in the closet :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You add 15 planes and fps goes down like that - you add a flock of birds and you get zero fps. Would be cool tough, maybe some wildlife too, also cows and horses on farms please :)

As I wrote before, a "flock of birds" could be handled like one object - it depends on how it will be implemented.

Of course all of the mentioned features would increase the load on both the CPU and the GPU side, but hey - with the new dual cores and 8800 GTX - who cares about 10 frames or so ? You could run it on the new generation machines and still have 50+ frames....

Beside that ...

wouldn't you like to chase cows with a Su25 or Black Shark ???

H A T A R I !!!!!

kind regards,

Raven....

Pilotasso, this is how it ends:

OK, #8 is a dud, switching back to station 3 - still one good missile left-

Fire 3 ! - EAT THIS !! WHOOAAA - Kill ! I nailed him !!!

Now all RTB and we'll have a beer in the officers club....

On the other side, I know you won't give up and go in for a gun attack anyway, a knive between your teeth....

kind regards,

Raven....

What happened to missile 3? Never left the rail? :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

That piggie went to the market. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X