VRS F-18E Superhornet!

JACN

What do you think, guys?. Will we see a dream coming true with this?. I must say it really looks (and sounds) promising:

*The flight model will use a series of Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) controllers to simulate the FBW characteristics of the Hornet. We have two former F/A-18 pilots (one of whom was an instructor at Fallon, NV) testing. Weapons loadouts will add weight and drag proportional to their respective interference indexes. As a weapon is fired or jettisoned, the weight and drag are removed. Asymmetric loading will result in a shift of lateral moment precisely corresponding to the weight imbalance.

The hydraulic and electrical systems are completely custom (bypassing FSs system) and function as they do in the real A/C. The fuel system is also similarly complex.*

Links:

http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=488a8b61357493df45df44c669a4e071&topic=20.0

http://www.alphasim3.com/forums/index.php?topic=20.75

• Like 1

Yes I saw this at Simhq some time ago....

Its very nicely put together, and seems spot on for accuracy, even though your not able to actually shoot anything down the systems are all operational and you can view the weapons leaving the rails ...

I'm hopeing that he finnishes this soon and gets it out there, I'll buy it....

It should be good pratice until ED has time to release the true combat version...

Great find JACN

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Now thats the pit I grew up in.

Ok anyone who looks at the right MFD there is a cross looking deal on the bottom left...Ive always wondered what that function was for. It baffled me when I brought it up in Hornet Korea. What is its purpose??

Guest IguanaKing
did u notice that the gear lever in the picture above is trasparent?

I'm not sure about the one in the Hornet, but its actually not uncommon for the handle on the gear lever to be translucent. There is often a lamp inside that flashes as the gear is in transit.

God shes a beautiful bird. Much more pleasant looking than that F-14. Sexier too...I mean look at this one compared to the F-14 in game. Its like no one cares about the F-14...and thats the way it should be...since its retired and all. Retired and wasting away at Davis-Montham....along with the rest of the scrap metal.

The REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting ****ing force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they ****ing land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last ****ing line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!"
!"

Well...seems to me that you apparrently missed the F/A-18 "E-F" part of the post I mentioned. God your slow.

And if you will recall, correctly, you will find that only 3 have been lost since conception. 2 to midair, and the other lost to pilot error.

Guest IguanaKing

This would be interesting to check out

After all that criticisms, I still prefer the Super Hornet

Hornets suck? I dont care.. all aircraft are bound to have flaws because human beings who designed them are also not perfect. :smilewink:

The most stupid member in the forum

This would be interesting to check out

After all that criticisms, I still prefer the Super Hornet

Hornets suck? I dont care.. all aircraft are bound to have flaws because human beings who designed them are also not perfect. :smilewink:

Except the F22:megalol:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

It's reallt too wierd that such aircraft is available for MSFS and not for LOCKON MODERN AIR COMBAT !!!! isn't it?

We have the F-18 in LOMAC...... just cant fly it with an F18 cockpit.

So then this package has functional radar, and all the rest? If not, its just graphical, and if time was taken the same could be done for LOMAC, but why when there is no A2G radar and all that.

It's reallt too wierd that such aircraft is available for MSFS and not for LOCKON MODERN AIR COMBAT !!!! isn't it?

Why is it ...... Aren't we chatting away here in a Russian form ....

The guys that are doing this new F/A-18 sim are from the US, therefore they've had easier access to NAVAIRS..

And they've been developing this add on for about three or four years...

Lock On has only been around for about 2 years and there project is and was the F-15...

I think that we actually will see a Hornet come from Eagle Dynamics eventually..

But for now they've got a lot on their plate to contend with...

So it might take a year or two, don't forget that most likely they'll need a completely new map and work up all the naval weapon systems etc... Its really a long list and will take a lot of resources to do it right ..

Those are some of the reasons...

Come on we've been over this ground many times..

Like I posted yesterday I'm buying this one for now to prepair for the actual combat simulator from ED....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR