Got bored and turned to the dark side.

I'm sure he put a lot of effort in. I appreciated it. It was a heck of a lot of fun and more squads should do it. It would be nice to have an online dynamic campaign like F4 but the fact that LockOn doesn't have it, well it's not a show stopper for me. Some people take the bull by the horns like the "not to be named" squad leader I am talking about. That's a lot of work. I'm sure he spent several hours a day creating a mission for the rest of us to enjoy. Too bad, we don't have more leaders like that in the community. Things will get better in LockOn though. ED is on to something good. This is the best sim released in years.

The squad I am in plays "other" games but we are thinking of renting a dedicated server and I will more than likely admin it so I should have a night a week to host some LockOn scenarios to dedicate to the community.

I am trying to get someone else to admin my squads website, if I can do that I should have enough free time to make a LockOn community site - which I have always wanted to host. I just don't have any free time ATM.

cheers

fs

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can bet you that even if LO had a dynamic campaign they would be playing it much. Unless it was specialy structured torwards quick (4-5 hours) campaign desined not to kill the online interest, nor turn the campaign into a slow show with very few units left.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I can bet you that even if LO had a dynamic campaign they would be playing it much. Unless it was specialy structured torwards quick (4-5 hours) campaign desined not to kill the online interest, nor turn the campaign into a slow show with very few units left.

I think what interests a lot of people would be to at least have online missions with goals in mind. Al la, IL2 Sturmovik online battles. Right now I do enjoy playing online, there are missions with goals on some servers. But most players seem to be concerned with just trying to get as many kills as possible without any regard for the mission. I like how IL2 has a certain amount of pilots and planes for each online battle as well as goals like defend or bomb a bridge or an armor column or something a long those lines.

It would be cool if we could have something like that for LockON in the future. As well, I think it would even be great to have a certain amount of missiles and bombs for each side. Some element of supply rather than people just loading up on AMRAMMS, MAVERICKS, R-77, R-27ERs, ET's and what ever else. Think of what that would bring to the online battles if you had to use AIM-7's and some vanilla R-27s?

Oh, I know it's only wishful thinking as well as most every other comment posted in the forums over the last 3 years.

Things will get better for this sim, it's just going to take some time. BShark looks amazing from the fan videos people have posted. It's just a taste of things to come down the road.

cheers

fs

• Like 1

I believe more detailed mission planning would be much better, at the moment LO's mission briefings are not detailed enough. A mission should be planned in detail prior to take off and loadouts adjusted to fit the mission and threat enviroment. This includes a good recon picture of the target, ingress view and the ability to move steerpoints to avoid SAM site threat circles etc. Consider this in lockon I might choose to do a CAS mission, I'll have the vaguest of briefings " theres an enemy convoy to the North, threats are SAMs and AAA". In flight I have no map and no idea where I am in relation to the ground except for the waypoints. I might fly out there and likely get shot down as I have not enough information and really need a map for CAS work(especially if it has details such as kill box etc). All this amounts to is a situation where you find SAMs by being shot down in some missions:doh: .

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

What does "facing the ground" mean? Diving?

Do a split S donwards with the missile at your 3 or 9 O clock, by the time you reach the bottom of the turn the missile will be facing you against the ground. Not sure if clutter works, but at least youll be fast enough and ellusive enough from radars doppler effect.

My PC specs below:

I think what interests a lot of people would be to at least have online missions with goals in mind. Al la, IL2 Sturmovik online battles. Right now I do enjoy playing online, there are missions with goals on some servers. But most players seem to be concerned with just trying to get as many kills as possible without any regard for the mission. I like how IL2 has a certain amount of pilots and planes for each online battle as well as goals like defend or bomb a bridge or an armor column or something a long those lines.

It would be cool if we could have something like that for LockON in the future. As well, I think it would even be great to have a certain amount of missiles and bombs for each side. Some element of supply rather than people just loading up on AMRAMMS, MAVERICKS, R-77, R-27ERs, ET's and what ever else. Think of what that would bring to the online battles if you had to use AIM-7's and some vanilla R-27s?

Oh, I know it's only wishful thinking as well as most every other comment posted in the forums over the last 3 years.

Things will get better for this sim, it's just going to take some time. BShark looks amazing from the fan videos people have posted. It's just a taste of things to come down the road.

cheers

fs

That's the idea blueprint it and send it off to Ed, DC for LOMAC would be good but IMO it would just be on the back burner like F4 is for me now ,Online action is what I want with a couple of hours of non stop action with my buds and strangers online, like it is now only with a deeper plot to make them F4 Blinker Boys stop and dribble.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

There's something missing from this thread . . . .

A mysterious and mighty presence, not seen since days of old . . . .

A faint sense of nostalgia is coming over me . . . and I think I've just put my finger on what it is . . . .

We need to shine a red and gold Marine Corps flag onto the clouds - where's Stormin? :P

Since Stormin is almost always busy...Ill pull roll call duty and say all present or all accounted for.

USMARINECORPFLAG.jpg

Do a split S donwards with the missile at your 3 or 9 O clock, by the time you reach the bottom of the turn the missile will be facing you against the ground. Not sure if clutter works, but at least youll be fast enough and ellusive enough from radars doppler effect.

Last time I checked dopper was not implemented in F4AF. It was also confirmend by some really hard core F4 polots...

strange that I can still loose lock when targets are 90º off... and strange that AMRAAM is dodged if you do that manuever with perfection. Whats the xplanation for that?

My PC specs below:

LOMAC doesnt need a DC. It can do perfectly well without it.

What it needs is a stronger mission editor. I want to be able to see the model of the object I place, not just an icon. And to be able to pan around to see how its placed.

I would like a copy/paste and save function for creating units.

And triggers also would be great. For example, having a group of units appear once a ship has reached a port...... etc....

These and more, would give LOMAC much better missions.

Right now, it is such a chore to create missions worth flying, that most dont.

I still haven't explored the LO's Mission Editor since I fly mostly online as a client. I was messing with the Mission and Campaign Editor of Flanker 2.51 because I flew it mostly offline. It gives great opportunities to create senseful scenarios but it took a lot of effort and many "beta-tests" untill everything starts to work fine. There were(and they are still up) some great missions at the Alasrojas.com(the GMA tournament) which was the best offline challenge ever. The last 40th mission lasted 4 hours and included Kuznetzov and Vinson groups naval battle starting from 5am to 9am and including 104 aircraft sorties. I remember I menaged to sink the last USS(with Kh-41) after 10-12 take-offs. We had a plan to move the GMA challenge in LO but it never hapaned. So the Mission Editor could give countless different scenarios with different outcome everytime you try it but it's really a very hard effort and requires a lot of skills and patience from the designer.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

LOMAC doesnt need a DC. It can do perfectly well without it.

What it needs is a stronger mission editor. I want to be able to see the model of the object I place, not just an icon. And to be able to pan around to see how its placed.

I would like a copy/paste and save function for creating units.

And triggers also would be great. For example, having a group of units appear once a ship has reached a port...... etc....

These and more, would give LOMAC much better missions.

Right now, it is such a chore to create missions worth flying, that most dont.

Yeah, right :)

1. The element of suprise is unlikely to accur especialy when you fly the mission you've created and online mission doesn't help much.

2. The AI responses and actions are UNCOORDINATED :doh: Thats for mission randomizers fans.

3. !Many! other things causing enviroment to be shallow if they are not implemented.

DC aint the be-all and end-all to a combat sim, ofcourse LOMAC will be fine without one ,it certainly wont be shallow to those who enjoy LO.

Im curious as to how many peeps actually fly F4 online , in my experience its a pretty lonely shallow world flying DC online, the majority of encounters are with AI nubs.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

My Squadron flys campaign missions regularly online, we use Tactical Engagements for trainning but campaigns are where the action is as while they are running alot is going on. Often a person who is in the middle of a campaign hosts and the rest of us assist them in winning the campaign by succeeding in the missions although not all missions go according to plan and sometimes you can end up getting shot down. Its all part of the fun, don't underestimate the Dynamic Campaign it is ultimate for online action in multi flight packages. To make it better though you could have live havequick radio freqs that mimic ventrillo chanels would make it even better.:thumbup: Another funny point is TEs behave the same as lockons MP missions in some respects the other day I had 11 players on my server with 128k crappy upload rates the FPS was pretty sweet except when flying over airbases. Interestingly though was during this mission it started off with me hosting on HL with just 1 Airwolves pilot with open slots to allow other players to join in. As the mission progressed more players joined in. Flight involved 3(4ship) F16 flights hitting targets in Bosnia and refuelling too and from the target.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

No one is trying to underestimate F4's DC nor F4 itself. I see only rediculous attempts of some people to underestimate LO and ED.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

DC aint the be-all and end-all to a combat sim, ofcourse LOMAC will be fine without one ,it certainly wont be shallow to those who enjoy LO.

Im curious as to how many peeps actually fly F4 online , in my experience its a pretty lonely shallow world flying DC online, the majority of encounters are with AI nubs.

Nobody says it’s a substitute for every other aspect of a simulator. It’s just a pitty LO can’t “spread its wings”.

I know very few people dedicated to flight sims. Although there is no problem with finding wingman for a DC mission among Polish players. In fact two or three fourship flights is not a problem neither. One or two AI pilots in those three flights is not a problem, unlike in LO.

Sure most encounters are with AI since you can’t fly North Korean planes, but I must say I haven’t even noticed this “incovienience”. And it’s because of advanced, multilevel AI. AI perform well both in single and coordinated tasks. The coordinated part of this “pie” is the thing LO pilots (including me) won’t ever see. Enemy flights working with ground controllers, “harmless” jets dragging you to air defence battalion zone!, withdrawing, coming back if they “see” there is a chance. What would you say if you see your home plate full of craters, running on fumes, being diverted by ATC to divert field (let’s say a highway strip!)…? Your tank battalion can stand in the center of enemy’s airbase as well solving many of your problems. Only a FEW examples why no one raises lack of human opponents in F4 AF. Ofcourse it’s counterproductive not mentioning this to Allied Force developers.

No one is trying to underestimate F4's DC nor F4 itself. I see only rediculous attempts of some people to underestimate LO and ED.

Everybody knows what are the F4 AF vices and virtues. Why not the same with LO? If (mostly) DC that gave Falcon Series a high place in history of flight sims, why claiming that LO will perfectly do without it? It’s prietty childish: “I don’t have it,so? I don’t need it anyway!”. Accepting lacks of many features will allways be… counterproductive - I like this word;)

There are two reasons why I “underestimate” ED. The first reason is DC is present for about 10 years in other flight sim products… Nothing more to say.

The second is unoptimized LO’s graphics engine.

Nice arguement! You win, theres no debating what you say. O.o

The faults of LOMAC not having a DC having nothing to do with the DC.

Poor AI response, will a DC solve this?

Poor graphic optimization, bringing any system to its knees with too many unit, does a DC solve this?

Well actually yes as the AI response is part of the DC.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Well actually no, it isn't. You have organizational level responses, which is what you're talking about, and flight level/individual level responses, which is what we're talking about.

You can't have teh first work too well without the second.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda