DCS 2.1 - can I change default map

I would like to have the ME open at the map of my preferred choice, Normandy, to save on loading time.

To explain: when I open the 2.1 ME I have to wait fpr the NTTR map to load before I can create or load a mission using the Normandy map. Both take a long time to load and to go straight to the map I usually will use would save time.

Perhaps a selection on the MISC. tab?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

May be better ask user what map he want to load when ME button is pressed?

Works for me!

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

If you know you only want to use Normandy map then you can go into the module manger, installed, terrains and un-check NTTR. You will need to reload dcs but it's no longer loaded do ME load is faster.

In going do you are not uninstalling​ NTTR, it's still there, but not loaded.

Sage Inferno

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Form what I've seen it defaults to the last edited map,

so if you last used Normandy, when you close down and restart then go to ME it'll load Normandy to edit,

But no it won't pre-load like it did with in 1.5, it hasn't pre-loaded the map in ME since NTTR 2.0 launched,

an option to choose before loading in would be good

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Yup, defaulted to NTTR but after editing a map or 2 in the ME on Normandy everytime I start it opens with Normandy now.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Save a blank NTTR and Blank Normandy Mission File,

Load DCS, Choose Mission, Choose either mission file, let it load the pre-launch screen, click exit, then mission editor.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, 2x R7970 Lightnings Crossfired @ 1.1/6.0GHz,

3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns·G HZ201HPB + Oculus HMD,

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals

so if you last used Normandy, when you close down and restart then go to ME it'll load Normandy to edit,

But no it won't pre-load like it did with in 1.5, it hasn't pre-loaded the map in ME since NTTR 2.0 launched,

an option to choose before loading in would be good

Nope, on a fresh game start and a first load of ME without running any instant action or mission first it always goes to NTTR

Save a blank NTTR and Blank Normandy Mission File,

Load DCS, Choose Mission, Choose either mission file, let it load the pre-launch screen, click exit, then mission editor.

I tried that but it takes almost as much time as letting the NTTR map load in the ME. I imagine there's something poked into memory or a file that remembers that last map used. Hopefully in future we can have a map pick list come up when we click ME on the main menu that does the same job.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Nope, on a fresh game start and a first load of ME without running any instant action or mission first it always goes to NTTR

Thats weird klem.

Mine defaulted to nttr. After changing that to Normandy and creating a mission saving it and flying it for a bit, if I shutdown DCS and reopen again and go the the ME its loads Normandy my side.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Thats weird klem.

Mine defaulted to nttr. After changing that to Normandy and creating a mission saving it and flying it for a bit, if I shutdown DCS and reopen again and go the the ME its loads Normandy my side.

Sorry Vlerkies, I have been in and out of DCS and ME like a fiddlers elbow and I must have been confused because I started DCS this morning and the ME did default to Normandy. The strange thing is I was certain that it did open in NTTR before after I had closed down from a Normandy ME. I remember being very irritated by it and it prompted my posts.

Obviously it couldn't have done though. Computers may be fast but they are actually stupid and incapable of independent thought.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Glad you sorted it.

As long as you have the result you want you win.

:)

I just checked on my machine now. All that is required is to open the ME, then if it loads Normandy and you want Nevada, just click file/new/select map.

If you want set the default or custom coallition types then click OK.

Thats it, close dcs and it will open on that config and map again next time you start. No need to create or fly a mission as I stated earlier.