WWII Assets pack not found in Modual Manager

StormBat

Yes I did purchase it and have my serial number, but it's nowhere to be found in the modual manager. Any idea's, is there a way to manualy install it?

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Board, Intel i7-6700K CPU, 2 x 16GB DDR4 RAM, Zotac Amp Extreme Edition 1080 TI, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 smilewink.gif

Okayfigured it out and it's downloadingnow,here's how

Go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder. There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here." (NOTE: the new windows 10 has moved to powershell, in powershell type cmd ) then type .\DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Board, Intel i7-6700K CPU, 2 x 16GB DDR4 RAM, Zotac Amp Extreme Edition 1080 TI, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 smilewink.gif

Same here. After Normandy map installation I tried to run a Normandy mission, and it popped up a message saying something like "WWII Armour and Technics required". Obviously I need to install the assets pack. But it's not listed in the module manager.

I found the solution via the "Support" page. It tells you to download an install batch file to the DCS World root and run it. So now it's downloading another nearly 2 GB of files, and hopefully that will be it. I started the update process to 2.1 yesterday evening, and now it's already 17:45. This thing is HUUUUUUGE!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Same here. After Normandy map installation I tried to run a Normandy mission, and it popped up a message saying something like "WWII Armour and Technics required". Obviously I need to install the assets pack. But it's not listed in the module manager.

I found the solution via the "Support" page. It tells you to download an install batch file to the DCS World root and run it. So now it's downloading another nearly 2 GB of files, and hopefully that will be it. I started the update process to 2.1 yesterday evening, and now it's already 17:45. This thing is HUUUUUUGE!

This is a big hassle and let down after all the supposed pre release testing and I thought the assets pack was optional so why is the Normandy map unusable without it ? (not yet installed due to this auto install failure)

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

This is a big hassle and let down after all the supposed pre release testing and I thought the assets pack was optional so why is the Normandy map unusable without it ? (not yet installed due to this auto install failure)

I`m guessing that the armour and assets are 2 separate things.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

I`m guessing that the armour and assets are 2 separate things.

No, they are not.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Okayfigured it out and it's downloadingnow,here's how

Go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder. There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here." (NOTE: the new windows 10 has moved to powershell, in powershell type cmd ) then type .\DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

trying this now fingers crossed. :thumbup:

After downloading all weekend, now installing modules, another long download. No problem My Broadband is'nt broad,who cares. However, have tried Powershell, as I no longer get CMD prompt, and copied the install information, but powershell rejects it.

Can get it to run repair or cleanup, but the command line is a bit more fineky for some reason.

Anyone else had this?

I don't care if the downloads take a week, as long as it's working, and the 2.1 version has installed so only the modules to install again (had to download from scratch)

In and working, IMHO we could have had a bit more about the installation on the Email, I kept being diverted to the Web site to buy it again, but found the keys in my profile and after a 20 hour and 5 hour download, had a vanilla 2.1 and the new modules, so I'm happy.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/27/2017 at 11:48 AM, LeCuvier said:

I downloaded this batch file and added it to my root folder and ran the file and it didn't download anything.  I still don't have the WWII assets pack installed even though I own it.

1 hour ago, frank7006 said:

I downloaded this batch file and added it to my root folder and ran the file and it didn't download anything.  I still don't have the WWII assets pack installed even though I own it.

This is a 3 years old post .. probably that's why it doent work with the current DCS. If I were you, I would have started my own new thread detailing exactly what my problem is, and attaching the autoupdate_log.txt file that is on the root folder of the DCS program, so that people can actually help.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Have you checked that it isn't disabled in the module manager?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2021 at 2:04 AM, MAXsenna said:

Have you checked that it isn't disabled in the module manager?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have Normandy map listed under the Terrain tab but I don't see a "WWII Armour and Technics" module listed anywhere and every time I try to load Normandy using a WWII aircraft like the P-51 I get the error: "Need Modules for load mission: WWII Armour and Technics".  I'm assuming there must be a module called "WWII Armour and Technics" listed under the Modules tab but there isn't.

I was a DCS WWII: Europe 1944 backer and and under the backer rewards section of the DCS website it shows that I have a license for the "Normandy Map" and "WWII Assets Pack".  I assume the "WWII Assets Pack" and "WWII Armour and Technics" are the same thing or that "WWII Armour and Technics" is included in "WWII Assets Pack"?

I guess it looks like DCS doesn't think that I own the "WWII Assets Pack" since it's not listed under Modules or it didn't install for some reason.  I've attached my autoupdate_log.txt file if it helps.

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by frank7006

The autoupdate log shows that you have normandy and ww2 assets installed:

INFO : DCS/2.7.1.7139 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,F-5E,RAZBAM_M-2000C,MIG-15BIS,MIG-21BIS,F-86F,FW-190D9,MI-8MTV2,UH-1H,P-51D,KA-50,A-10C,MAPLEFLAG_F5E_BFM_campaign,A10C-REDFLAG_campaign,F15C-REDFLAG_campaign,FC3,CA,NORMANDY_terrain,WWII-ARMOUR

Probably your antivirus may be interfering .. check the antivirus log, or add an exclusion for the /program files/eagle dynamics/ path and then do a dcs_updater repair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

The autoupdate log shows that you have normandy and ww2 assets installed:

INFO : DCS/2.7.1.7139 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,F-5E,RAZBAM_M-2000C,MIG-15BIS,MIG-21BIS,F-86F,FW-190D9,MI-8MTV2,UH-1H,P-51D,KA-50,A-10C,MAPLEFLAG_F5E_BFM_campaign,A10C-REDFLAG_campaign,F15C-REDFLAG_campaign,FC3,CA,NORMANDY_terrain,WWII-ARMOUR

Probably your antivirus may be interfering .. check the antivirus log, or add an exclusion for the /program files/eagle dynamics/ path and then do a dcs_updater repair.

That worked! Thanks!

• Like 2