DCS 2.0x wont update to 2.1

OSUAV8R

After DCS 2.1 update I had to manually install NORMANDY_terrain: dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Won't update... it just starts 2.0.5 directlysad.gif

Try a forced update: hold Left Shift and right click on the bin folder in your resp. DCS Folder. Click on "open command window" and add "DCS_updater.exe update" enter

There's also a tutorial on youtube

• Like 1

OK, now im updated.. how do I install the new terrain and stuff? I cant find it anywhere

Check my previous post. Open a cmd or powershell prompt by holding Shift + RClick in the bin folder of DCSW 2.0 and install the two modules

• Like 1

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Try a forced update: hold Left Shift and right click on the bin folder in your resp. DCS Folder. Click on "open command window" and add "DCS_updater.exe update" enter

There's also a tutorial on youtube

Good tip, thanks. In my case the option was "open powershell window" and I had to do ".\DCS_updater.exe repair". The "update" mentioned above went through the motions, but indicated 2.05 was the most current. With using repair, apparently it gave it the shock therapy it needed :D At that point it realized it was out of date, etc.

Got the 2.1.0 but somehow the Normandy bundle doesn't appear in the module manager. I've tried the "update repair" command, refreshing the content on the module manager, login again, etc. but no luck. Any ideas?

Regards

You have to force install

This fixed it for me, ED should probably make it a sticky or something = less digging required for others.

Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post

guide here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

go into your Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder.

There, hold Left Shift and right click and click "Open Command window here."

(NOTE: the new windows 10 has moved to powershell, in powershell type cmd )

then one at a time use

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

DCS_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

Actually, it will be more efficient to do

Code:

DCS_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain WWII-ARMOUR

EDIT- Do this in DCS Open Alpha not World

Edited by cthulhu68
  • Like 2

You will probably have to delete the game and reinstall like I did, but the pipeline is really full and extremely slow................. especially on the module updates.................

Sempre Fortis

Still no update for me :((

Try and do a cleanup, a repair then try to update using dcs_updater or Sithspawn's tool.

Specs:

Settings: