Realistic ASP Sight IR Missiles

Boris

As we all know, there is realistic IR missile sight option in the MiG-21 options.

I'm wondering why this is even an option. In a module that's supposed to be as realistic as possible, why is there an unrealistic option outside of the game mode?

And why is the unrealistic option the default setting?

• Like 3

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Sadly the way it is right now is that IIRC you can turn off these settings, in MP, for increased realism (because they usually do unrealistic things). But the issue with it is that with the MiG-21bis, it actually reduces realism.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

• 3 years later...
On 5/22/2017 at 12:54 PM, The_Tau said:

I think there should be an option to force setting on server side. Eg in M2k mission designer can force a necessity to align INS, which overrules any setting you selected in special options tab

+1

G6XLe1V.png

On 5/22/2017 at 4:24 AM, Boris said:

As we all know, there is realistic IR missile sight option in the MiG-21 options.

I'm wondering why this is even an option. In a module that's supposed to be as realistic as possible, why is there an unrealistic option outside of the game mode?

And why is the unrealistic option the default setting?

The reason is that on earlier versions of the MiG-21bis product the pipper behaved in the unrealistic manner. Instead of simply fixing it to behave correctly the developers added an option to make the pipper behave correctly because they were afraid of upsetting their customers.

I have no problem with options for unrealistic behavior (although it's such a minor difference I don't see the value), but the real behavior should be default. Server administrators do not have the time to adjust things like this and the user suffers.

• Like 7