This is absolutely starforce BS

ROE_Wedge

Heres the deal, i just reinstalled lock on and used my activation key because i had to reformat. It says i have 2 activation keys left.... everytime i start lockon the starforce comes up telling me to activate , it then says i have 1 activation key left and when i go to start the game up again it says i have 0.... i was really confused and was thinking it was just checking to see if i had the game but what the hell?!? Now i have no activations left i used 3 of them up in one day because it asked for an activation key EVERY time.... if i have to wait 2 months to get another key back on a game i just bought this summer... well lets just say im gonna raise some hell lol. Any help or suggestions guys on this issue?

Hey ROE-Wedge did your resolve your problem `cos I am in deep mire myself with this stupid key activation nonsense.:mad:

I blewup a motherboard+processor and my HD died on me so it is very much back to basics. I noted my serial key but of course Starforce doesnt recognise it and I don`t know where to go to get it sorted. If you solved your prob perhas you could advise me please

Thanks

George

Guest IguanaKing

In addition to what Rugg said, you should both contact ED about this. Write them a polite e-mail, including your current serial number, and ask them for a new serial number. In your e-mail, don't bad-mouth them or Starforce, and don't make threats...nobody responds well to that. Also, don't give them a lecture on what your purchase should entitle you to. Just tell them what happened, and ask for another serial number. Send that to support@lockon.ru. I had to do the same thing just recently and it all worked out just fine. Understand though, it may take them a week to get back to you. :)

thanks for the replies and sorry it took me so long to get back. I also dont think i had my CD in at the time of starforce wanting those activations so that could have very well been my own dumb fault! I am not sure of that though i was just thinking about it the other day. The game works great now but im out of activation keys. I have a new HD coming in soon so thats why i was worrying. Anyhow, dont worry i know how to play the game.. you dont ask something from somebody by threatening and being a jackass :). Ill get on to sending that email, thanks!

I also have problems, thanks StarForce

I've sent emails and received no response. I paid for the game, then paid for flaming cliffs, and still I can't run. This is unacceptable. Somebody needs to release a patch that fixes starforce. I've been trying to reinstall Lock On, Flaming Cliffs, all the patches, my registry backup, etc. for weeks now and I'm getting nowhere. This is beyond ridiculous.

:huh:

This is weird guys. I had the same problem of running out of starforce activations. Sent them a friendly email and got a response back within 48 hours and a new serial number. Can't complain about that for service.

Regards,

Matlo

Cheers,

Matlo

Guest IguanaKing

Well...just like in any other business, sometimes mail, faxes, and phone messages get lost. Also, just like any other business, ED is run by human beings...and it doesn't take long for those same human beings to figure out who is a good, but picky customer...and who is just a plain old pain in the arse who is impossible to please. Its nice that some of you guys are so patient in waiting months for a response to your e-mails, but maybe after something like 10 business days, you should send another e-mail saying "Hey...its me again. Did you get my message?" Seriously, I don't think ED is out to screw anybody, sometimes s**t just happens. To anybody who hasn't had good luck with ED with answering their e-mails, just try e-mailing them again, and stick to the guidelines I summarized in my first post in this thread. Just the simple facts, don't rant at them about your frustration. :smilewink: I understand the frustration, but don't let it get the better of you. Just remember the old saying..."You catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar." :) Wedge has the right idea. You might be pissed off at ED, but just put on your poker face and play politician. You'll get a lot more accomplished that way.

.."You catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar." :) Wedge has the right idea. You might be pissed off at ED, but just put on your poker face and play politician. You'll get a lot more accomplished that way.

Sad that you've got to go through these hoops to use a product you've already paid for. Starforce implementation in LOMAC has been a farce from the beginning. Hopefully ED will be sick of the ongoing requests for Starforce support from its customers and get it sorted for BS. Can't believe they really want to keep resource allocated to support this.

Guest IguanaKing

Well...I won't speak for others, but all of my problems which burned up my activations were caused by me. Not that it changes anything though. I know the ultimate goal is to have a trouble-free CP scheme. But in the mean-time, I'm just trying to advise people on how to solve their problem. Nobody, and I don't care who you are, is going to respond well to "You guys suck, I can't believe I have to deal with this [insert expletive]. You're lucky I don't sue you." I am often the middle-man in a similar copy protection scheme for CMax chart software by Jeppesen. Sometimes my customer screws up and gets his license activation all out of whack (and he pays well over $3500 a year for this, not a measly 20 bucks ONCE like with FC). How do we fix the problem? I simply call Jeppesen and say "Hey John, how are you? This is Joe Smith at Acme Avionics. I have a customer who has a license activation problem." I then give "John" the verification information he asks for, he punches a few keys, and we're back in business again. Now, how would "John" react if I treated him like yesterday's trash and then proceeded to rant at him and lecture him about the rights of the consumer? He probably wouldn't be all that enthusiastic about helping me, and we're talking about a $3500/yr. subscription. Now...how about if he was talking to a guy who paid 20 bucks once? I understand some people's beef with StarForce, and CP schemes in general. But an e-mail in which you are asking for more activations ain't the place to air those grievances...unless of course you enjoy activities such as pissing into the wind and/or hitting yourself in the head with blunt objects. ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest IguanaKing

Yup...e-mail them again. Sometimes e-mails get lost in the shuffle. These guys aren't purposely trying to screw anybody, s**t just happens sometimes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IguanaKing

I'm not sure if it will help, but have you tried looking at your purchase information on the lockon.ru home page? It may be possible that they issued you a new serial number already and just forgot to tell you about it.

This is why I got the CD version and not the d'load.

---------------------

FX 55 Sandy@ 3.03 GHz

Tuniq Tower 120

DFI Lanparty CFX 3200-DR/G

(2X) X1950XTX Crossfire@ 695 core

2048 OCZ PC 3200 Platinum (2-3-2-5)

Antec TP3 650

Samsung 19" LCD (8ms)

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Track IR 4

CH Pro Pedals

:pilotfly:

• 3 months later...

Well 4 months later since my last post, I've still got no reply.

Lucky for me the multi core patch for FSX is out and i can run that game flawlessly now. And the best thing is I'm on my 2nd computer with 2nd Operating system and all i had to do was click install and I'm airborne.

GG Ed. Hopefully blackshark will not have this kinda support.

OUT!

Actually no I haven't I figure I've done more than my part on trying to get

this issue with activations resolved. There should be no waiting 6 months to

get a response from anyone in todays world.

I've givin up trying and cant be bothered to try again basicly im fed up.

Sorry.

:(

• 3 weeks later...

It is also a possibility that your email address is being seen and filtered as spam on their end. Perhaps you might try alternate email addresses to send your email from. I have found ED to be very responsive and helpful in all my dealings with them. Great Sim, Great support, Great company.

Hope you get it sorted soon as FC is easily worth the effort..

Out