Sukhoi Su-25 and Su-25T stick and throttle configurations

Sniper

I would like to know which buttons and switches are located on Su-25 and Su-25T stick and throttle, so I can configure my Saitek X45 for each aircraft to be as close as possible to the real thing. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some thoughts

I would like to know which buttons and switches are located on Su-25 and Su-25T stick and throttle, so I can configure my Saitek X45 for each aircraft to be as close as possible to the real thing. :joystick:

Umm.. I'd say, that you should make a common profile, which fits all planes and controls are in the same place, no matter what you fly with. Controlling the plane should really be in the hand, not in the head. There's plenty of stuff for you to memorize with X45's 3 modes doubled with pinkie switch.

Multiplying that with a different profile for each plane...I'd find that pretty impossible. :huh:

But if real stick imitation is what you want, go for it. Someone else maybe has info.

I'd say that the airbrake and the radio comm switches are located on the throttle. As well as the EOS horizontal/vertical slew.

Most of the a/c have those switches on that place.

You can put the push to talk command on the lower 3 position switch and the airbrake on the upper 3 pos switch. And of course, control your EOS with the rotaries.

On the throttle you would find a trigger (naturally :smilewink:), the trim ministick and maybe a button for locking the targets.

Just my guess.

Hello,

if you have a picture of Su-25 cockpit, I think I can help you with that. However, I don't have any knowledge about the "T" version.

Thank you for your replies.

I would especially like to thank Mr Tuseyev, Eagle Dynamics lead tester, for sending me joystick configurations by e-mail. :thumbup:

Here they are in case someone would like to do the same as me.

Su-25

Stick:

- Trimmer control

- Sight marker slew control

- Sight marker slew reset

- Weapon select swich

- Trigger

Throttle:

- Laser engage

- Airbrake control

- Radio button

- Flaps control

Su-25T

Stick:

- Trimmer control

- ACS reset button

- ACS override button

- Sight marker slew control

- Sight reset button

- A-A / A-G modes swich

- Trigger

Throttle:

- Sight stabilize button

- Sight FOV size control

- Airbrake control

- Radio button

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I fly only Russian planes and, considering the flyables available, I was going to make two profiles: one for the Su-25/Su-25T, and the other for MiG-29/Su-27/Su-33... I got the first one 99% finished (some renaming left to be done, but it works as intended without it): I can upload it here if someone is interested. The main thing is that I do not use Saitek's driver, but Dhauzimmer's... Not easy to configure, but definitely worth the time and effort - Saitek's driver is incredibly... well... bad (last time I checked, that is), IMHO.

As to the second profile, I got so hooked to the AFM, that I haven't flown any fighter recently.

С уважением,

Tompax (>o<-<