Anyone getting 90fps in anything with a prop or rotor?

Jamesp1

In VR, with jets I can get 90fps, but am only getting half that in any of the helicopters and prop aircraft.

I am using minimum graphics settings with a pixel density of 1.0. This is in DCS 1.5 and 2.0, but mostly I've been using 1.5.

My hardware is an i5-2500k @ 4.4Ghz, 1080 GTX and 16GB ram.

I'm happy with 45fps, but the prop aircraft gunsights go all squiggly using ASW, so I'm forced to turn it off and then the framerate isn't good enough for me.

Is there anything I can do to increase the fps for these aircraft? Is anyone able to get 90fps on these?

Havent noticed any difference between props/rotor and jets here.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hum helicopters have always been fine for me, might be a bit of bad positional tracking if I am spining around and looking off to the side, but I also do make sure to completely ignore and never look at fps counters. I'm thinking of getting the Huey next too!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Yes.

However, the Spitfire gunsight gets wonky when ASW kicks in. And, for some bizarre reason, with the Spitfire, ASW kicks in almost all the time, even when cruising straight and level up high with nothing else in the sky.

In general, for me, it is not so much prop/rotor vs. jet, but how populated the neighborhood is. So, most places I can get 90 FPS, but then sometimes it drops to 45. There are some places where it drops brutally to 25 or less. And some missions where it constantly struggles to clear 25 (see discussion here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186730).

Tried: both Caucasus and NTTR, using: UH-1H, Gazelle, Mi-28, Ka-50, Spitfire, Mustang, Bf-109, FW-190, F5E, Mig-15, F-86F, Mirage, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the Spitfire hits the fps compared to the other prop/rotor wings in 2.0 for me, when I have shadows on low. With shadows off, I couldnt say if there was a difference.

Wonder if its the shadow on the prop, which I only see on the Spit.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I have noticed that too, tah even two AI helis will drop your fps when you hit then down fps steps up, as for propeller blades on planes same stuff i find that rotating texture thin or smth else hits fps - i quess cpu core hard, i thing devs should check this as wee need last bit of our single core use;)