[RESOLVED]Anybody Who Can Understand Logs?

Ok, I cleaned out the old Nvidia drivers with your program. I installed your monitor program and ran it for a 4 min test in DCS. Boosting my fan speed has cooled the CPU a little. I attached a file showing results. I don't see anything. Maybe you can. I ran the test with the default Nvidia settings and in DCS I just clicked the High graphic settings without changing anything. Just to see how it would do. If it didn't stutter it runs perfect. I'll play with all the settings to see if I can get the stutters to disappear, but i'm not really very optimistic.

Do you think 2.0 would run any better? I really don't want to buy Nevada if it won't help. Will I have to buy Nevada to run the upcoming 2.5? Looking at my log it seems all my problems are with the terrain.

HWMonitor.txt

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Hi

the upcoming 2.5 will have all terrains including the free one, so you do not have to buy the terrain unless you want to.

Something I have noticed and it maybe a long shot, your motherboard is PRIME-Z270-P correct?

it maybe worth checking your bios version, dxdiag says BIOS: 0321 which is a very early one and some new ones have been released for system stability. The latest one is BIOS 0608

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Download/

I know bios updates can be scary things to do so only do it if you are comfortable with it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If Bios upgrade doesnt work,make new OS installation from the scratch.Thats always help.

Послато са D6503 уз помоћ Тапатока

Asus H97 PRO--I7-4790 3.60-4.00 ghz Haswell
--
Cooler Master Hyper 103
--
16gb Kingston HyperX Fury black 1866mhz
--
ZOTAC AMP extreme gtx 1080 ti
--
SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120 Gb
--
Samsung EvO 850 500gb
--
TM Warthog
--
Cooler MAster V 750
--
Plantronics 500HD

Hi

the upcoming 2.5 will have all terrains including the free one, so you do not have to buy the terrain unless you want to.

Something I have noticed and it maybe a long shot, your motherboard is PRIME-Z270-P correct?

it maybe worth checking your bios version, dxdiag says BIOS: 0321 which is a very early one and some new ones have been released for system stability. The latest one is BIOS 0608

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-P/HelpDesk_Download/

I know bios updates can be scary things to do so only do it if you are comfortable with it.

It's a brand new system built by ABS in 12/16. The bios can't be older than that. I'm not comfortable updating the bios. That's why I spend more for built gaming systems.

I just ran iRacing at full graphics and 150fps. It ran as smooth as a babies butt. That sim used to bring my old system to it's knees at much lower settings. I point this out to show my system must be running ok. It just doesn't like DCS or the other way around.

I'm exhausted from fooling with this. I'm very close to giving up on DCS. I have nothing left to try.

Buzz

• ED Team

I understand, it can be frustrating with these types of issues, with so many different setups out there finding the cause of the stutters is difficult and often different for each user.

Sorry I could not help more

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for trying.

Just so I understand. Will 2.5 give me anything new without me buying anything, or will I still have what I have now? I'm an old fart trying to survive on an SS check. I don't want to buy anything more for DCS unless I think it will improve my problem.

Buzz

• ED Team

DCS 2.5 updates a lot, especially the free terrain which is currently being updated to run on ED's T4 map standard.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170914

That looks really good. I don't know if it will help my stuttering, but I won't delete DCS for now until i've tried it. I don't mind spending more money for modules if I can get it to run smooth. Fingers are crossed.

Wag said by the end of 2016. You didn't make that, so is it close to release?

Buzz

As one last experiment to see if I can run DCS at all. I double and triple checked everything. I then turned my fans up to full blast 100%. I set every setting in DCS to as low as they'll go. Turned off all AA and AF.

I went for a test flight. With vsync on and off. Stutters. I can't imagine any terrain update fixing this. I don't see what's so unusual about my systems components to have this problem and others don't with similar systems. I'm going to give up on DCS. I do this to have fun and i'm not having fun.

I haven't decided to stay with flight sims and fly the IL2 sims, or go back to race sims. If someone wants to give me an offer for my 2-3 week old TM Warthog and CH pedals it will help me make up my mind and i'll go back to racing.

Buzz

As one last experiment to see if I can run DCS at all. I double and triple checked everything. I then turned my fans up to full blast 100%. I set every setting in DCS to as low as they'll go. Turned off all AA and AF.

I went for a test flight.

With vsync on and off. Stutters. I can't imagine any terrain update fixing this. I don't see what's so unusual about my systems components to have this problem and others don't with similar systems. I'm going to give up on DCS. I do this to have fun and i'm not having fun.

Don't get into trying other version of DCS, that is a fruitless exercise and achieves nothing, just concentrate on v1.56 as you have purchased that already.

Just because you have a system that looks the same as others is actually impossible because motherboard Bios settings alone will be different and have significant performance differences if set incorrectly or correctly.

Your test above already tells me that your FPS is very high and that the Video card isn't the problem per say.

So I would be looking more at:

• Operating system (windows), CPU and HDD file systems are doing, as DCS does a lot of reading and writing to the HDD whilst running, if other process (such as Windows file Indexer and other background functions, AntiVirus scan on execute and scan on file creation) are also doing heavy Disk I/O this can cause delays that would affect DCS performance even though it has high FPS.

I haven't decided to stay with flight sims and fly the IL2 sims, or go back to race sims. If someone wants to give me an offer for my 2-3 week old TM Warthog and CH pedals it will help me make up my mind and i'll go back to racing.

Real shame when users can't get there high end systems working with out stutters under DCS, I know how soul destroying it can be.

Having always built all of my own gaming systems from scratch since the 1980's, I can tell you that there are a lot of pitfalls to the latest and greatest hardware and software upgrades, they always bring new challenges due to new technologies and ways of doing things.

My last three systems have been the most problematic of all the computers I have ever built and required a lot of research into the new UEFI bios systems and how to setup HDD over 2tb and get their full capacity, speed, etc.

General problems I have had in past:

• First releases of BIOS for motherboards are nearly always unstable (Memory and Disk I/O chipsets in particular) and should be upgraded as time goes on and updates are made available.
  • Ram can be set to the wrong timings via the automatic bios system and may have to be set manually in BIOS.
  • Motherboard BIOS settings have a multitude of tweaking settings and these can make huge differences do how a the computer will work with different operating system and just because you buy a pre-built system does not guarantee they are setup to perform well.
  • HDD I/O and USB controller chips from other manufacturers other than INTEL have been problematic with compatability issues.
  • Just because 90% of you games run fine at high settings and good FPS particulary with a CPU Overclock, doesn't mean that the other 10% of games will not cause a crash, BSOD or other anomolies.

I know none of this really helps you at the moment but the most important thing that has to be done, is checking and monitoring of your system whilst the problem software is running to see that you system is indeed running to its full potential.

• Check BIOS version and upgrade BIOS of MB with latest stable release when available, if scared to do it, pay some to do it for you. (You must deactivate all DCS modules and campaigns before doing this though otherwise you will lose activations)
  • Update all system drivers for the SATA I/O, USB, etc with current version, don't just use what windows automatically loads for you, download from the chipset manufactures website.
  • Update Video card drivers as need, sometimes the newest can be problematic though.

Monitor whilst DCS is running:

• CPU Speeds and Temp's (Know what they should be)
  • Memory Speeds and Timings (Know what they should be)
  • GPU Speeds and Temp's (Know what they should be)
  • HDD / SSD Interface speeds and data throughput rates.
  • File read / write through puts.

Diag Software I use:

Attached copies of tests of my system to show what to look for (Marked in Green Boxes.

Tested with instant action Mission: A-10c Georgian Spring in DCS v1.56x

Regards, Ian.

2014953762_DCSBenchmark-InGameandGPU-Z.thumb.jpg.c6e0ac9e2a7d6ffa41830d9dff7ed15f.jpg

434199860_DCSBenchmark-WindowsResourceManagerCPU.thumb.jpg.619b4c9bca68fdeef9e20396be13543e.jpg

42020399_DCSBenchmark-WindowsResourceManagerDisks.thumb.jpg.214e3333c655ebd4021413e8119fd8a4.jpg

860941198_DCSBenchmark-WindowsResourceManagerMemory.thumb.jpg.8cf4df9d95c4aa66dcc0c32bdfaf64aa.jpg

652129298_GPU-ZGraphicsCard.jpg.9fa2a3da3891c12255298380f76d32a8.jpg

354181684_GPU-ZatIdle.jpg.6eda7ac63f2c0467d2b0e78caf58a89a.jpg

Edited by MadDog-IC
Added Screen Shots

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Ian,

I do appreciate your help. My problem is i'm self-taught on computers. Actually, i'm a dummy when it comes to computers. I could never do the things you suggest, and I live in a small town in the Rockies. there's nobody to help me.

I was hoping to buy a built system and have it work. That's not the case, so i'm stuck with what I have.

Thanks again.

Buzz

Ian,

I do appreciate your help. My problem is i'm self-taught on computers. Actually, i'm a dummy when it comes to computers.

I could never do the things you suggest, and I live in a small town in the Rockies. there's nobody to help me.

I was hoping to buy a built system and have it work. That's not the case, so i'm stuck with what I have.

Thanks again.

At a minimum, get and run the free GPU-z and Cpu-z program to see what the graphics card is doing (is in in pcie 16x mode, has it ramped up the mhz for the gpu and memory or is it constantly going low and then high, same for the CPU.

Run the windows resource manager tests, that is all you need really to use to see what the operation system is doing for your, Is windows throttling the CPU cores up and down by default or are they all staying at the max 3.5 or 4ghz (depending on your cpu) when dcs is running. Windows by default will do its utmost to save power at the expense of performance, unless the computer builder deliberately changes it to Performance mode with no power saving on CPU, GPU, HDD, USB.

Is the HDD throughput constantly low or high, a few hundred kilobytes is fine, but several Megabytes on a sustained basis isn't.

To run resource manager:

• Press Contol-Alt-Del keys simultaniously and choose Task Manager, then the Performance tab, down the bottom of that page you will see Resource manager, click that, choose what section you want from top of page tabs to monitor CPU, Memory, Disk Drives.

I understand your predicament, but others can only help you so far without you putting in some effort and learning, google search and Youtube are a great way to learn how to do stuff.

Unfortunately some games and software require a greater knowledge to setup and have run well, DCS is one of them.

In my previous post I have added screen shots with the important bits marked in green boxes.

Wish you all the best with it.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Look at my system. It's barely being used and stuttering.

Gpu-z Pic looks fine, card is running as it should spec wise there, now run gpu-z from the sensors tab at top whilst dcs mission is running and post screenshot of that - That will show what load the graphics cards is under.

Need to test a mission that runs for a few minutes to accrue good data.

Would be more informative if you did the same test running a captured track of a flight and captured the Resource managers views: Overview, CPU, HDD and Memory usage pages fully expanded to show programs, etc. (Overview will show me a lot general performance, CPU will show me the CPU core loadings across all cores, HDD will show me instantanious file read/write loading and the highest loading ever).

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

I may missed it but what antivirus software are you running? and have you tried turning this off when playing, have you scaned for antivirus that could be affecting DCS perhaps?

Also is your page file set to your SSD? Just to check / cancel out if the HDD is the problem here.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-move-page-file-in-windows-10-to-another-disk/

Sorry to here about the problems your having, definitely shouldn't be having problems with that spec system of yours.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I've this kind of problem a few times through all my years of gaming.

In my experience it's often something to do with the HDD/HDD interface. Do you have 2 HDDs connected in your system? You mentioned using only an SSD and a HDD was emtpy.

Try disconnecting all other drives except for the SSD and see if there's a difference. This is assuming the OS and DCS is on the SSD off course.

Another thing to try if that does not change anything is see if there's updated drivers for your storage controllers on the motherboard.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Buzz, Another old retired guy here.....The last post someone mentioned your virus software.

Do you have Kaspersky? Sometimes this software will check a list of protected sites and if it finds one on your list it will open a protected page.....you can disable this by going to your protected sites list and turn off the one for DCS. Go to safe money...the list will be there.

Keep trying.....I know it is frustrating as hell.

Gpu-z Pic looks fine, card is running as it should spec wise there, now run gpu-z from the sensors tab at top whilst dcs mission is running and post screenshot of that - That will show what load the graphics cards is under.

Need to test a mission that runs for a few minutes to accrue good data.

Would be more informative if you did the same test running a captured track of a flight and captured the Resource managers views: Overview, CPU, HDD and Memory usage pages fully expanded to show programs, etc. (Overview will show me a lot general performance, CPU will show me the CPU core loadings across all cores, HDD will show me instantanious file read/write loading and the highest loading ever).

I'll do the tests in a bit. Need to shower and take out the pooch.

Buzz

For those asking about my virus software. I don't use any 3rd party. I used to use Avast until I got Win10. Avast and all the others i've tried over the years were always letting in viruses. I find Defender in Win10 does a better job. I've never had a virus get in with Defender.

Some of the tests i'll be doing for Maddog will look at the HDD and SSD. I have nothing on the HDD.

Buzz

MadDog.........Is this what you wanted? I think you wanted a picture of GPU-z while DCS was running. I'm not sure how to do that. GPU-z is on my desktop. How can I take a picture of that while in DCS? That's easy with the task bar, but I don't know how to do it with GPU-z?

task%20bar_zpsqf9mmusk.jpg

GPU-z2_zpsz7ha0pdk.jpg

Buzz

My current status is the same Bit. Stutters no matter what I do. I don't know what TeamViewer is, so I don't know what you're asking me. I don't play online yet. Until I can learn a plane and get rid of the stutters. I don't see any sense in it.

To be honest i've about given up on DCS until I see a fix. Very disappointed.

Teamviewer is a remote access software that would allow me to access your Desktop on your behalf ( need ID and Password, only you will have that info ! ).

Teamviewer is very comfortable, we can BOTH look at the Desktop same time, you see what I click, you can show me things, I can show you things. Integrated File Transfer makes it easy to copy tools from PC<-->PC in any direction, chat with voice or text chat, video recording as well.

Have a look, it is FREE for privat use and costs a fortune to use in business, hell it does !!!

http://www.teamviewer.com

Have a look and download it. I will invite you to my PC so you can see what mine looks like and how it is configured 1st, if you prefer this approach.

I just hate to know you got that nice new rig and cant help yourself to get the stutter away !!!

That drives me nuts everytime I come here...after all that advice and your willing response to listen to us and now THIS..can't be..we fix it !!!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

MadDog.........I think you wanted a picture of GPU-z while DCS was running. I'm not sure how to do that. GPU-z is on my desktop. How can I take a picture of that while in DCS? That's easy with the task bar, but I don't know how to do it with GPU-z?

1. Get gpu-z running on desktop, in the top right of the main windows is a little camera and the square options icon, left click on the square box.
  2. Tick the box next to "GPU-z windows always on top option". and close the option screen with the OK button.
  3. Select the sensor page.
  4. Run DCS mission, for example, instant action Su-25T (close air support - easy), fly the mission a bit, then use the Right Alt and J button together for the AI to take over flying for you, they will return to base.
  5. You should have both DCS and GPU-z on screen at same time now, if not, use ALT-TAB buttons together a few times until GPU-z is visible.
  6. Let the game run for 5 minutes and let GPU-z capture some descent data.
  7. Before the mission ends or has little action take a screen shot with the Prt/Scr button on your keyboard (Directly at top of keyboard the most left key. It is in line with the 4 arrow keys at the bottom of the keyboard, over near the numerical keypad side.
  8. Now you can close dcs and go back to the desktop and run the mspaint or paint.exe program that comes with windows, click somewhere in the white box and hit the Ctrl + V keys together to paste the screenshot.
  9. Now just save file out to a JPEG picture file and send to desktop or pictures folder and post on forum for me.

2113279194_dcsandgpu-z.thumb.jpg.5e7fa3d120be6becc1c99e04d50757ea.jpg

Edited by MadDog-IC

DCS Tech Support.

MAKE ME HAPPY !!!!

...and ??????

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X