Ever Found A Mig 25? They did!

rekoal

hey folks,

As i was doing some random searching of the internet i found this and thought it would be interesting to share.

Unearthed%20MiG-25.jpg

"A Cold War Era Soviet-built MiG-25 Foxbat was unearthed from a sand dune

near the Al Taqqadum airfield in Iraq in July-August 2003 by members of the Iraq Survey Group as

they were searching for weapons of mass destruction. The wings had been removed, intakes sealed

and fuselage covered with camouflage netting before being buried more than 10 feet beneath the

Iraqi desert. "

• Like 1

yeah' date=' and 500 litres of kognak, for cooling system.[/quote']

True to Mikoyan's words, "If our planes require us to pour Armenian cognac into them, we will pour Armenian cognac." :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

yeah but the planes became as good as scrap metal. The sand did the job no worse than LGB's would.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You can bury ammo and stuff in the desert and if it's packaged correctly it will not be affected. I've done it.

Is that you Sarah Conor?

boa10.jpg

And yes the US Navy and Army Corps Engineers dug them planes up and pulled them out IIRC. That was way back when before weapons caches were being discovered. Think they found a few more Foxbats and MiG-27's buried elsewhere in country...those that werent stored in Iran anyways.

...those that werent stored in Iran anyways.

OMFG...... you gota be kidding me..... STORED...... Buhahahahahahaha. :megalol:

Yeah I could imagine the phone call now, Saddam......" Yes I know we were at war for 10 years but could you hide these few aircraft for me".

:megalol::thumbup:

Get serious, those aircraft were claimed by Iran the moment the rubber hit the tarmac.

Now I just feel like wandering out someplace and doing a little light digging - seems you never know what may turn up. ;)

(my luck I'd find a wingless, engineless busted up microlight...)

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

LOL madness LOOOOVE your sig. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

OMFG...... you gota be kidding me..... STORED...... Buhahahahahahaha. :megalol:

Yeah I could imagine the phone call now, Saddam......" Yes I know we were at war for 10 years but could you hide these few aircraft for me".

:megalol::thumbup:

Get serious, those aircraft were claimed by Iran the moment the rubber hit the tarmac.

It was done before with about half of the stock of the mig-29A’s.

BTW, more than a few went to Syria too.

Guess how badly these folks hated the USA.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, it was very much a matter of "Well...we hate you, but we hate the US even more...so, SURE you can bring your stuff here for a while! :D ". After OIF, several Chinese-made PT boats that were stored in Iranian ports by the Iraqi Navy were released by the Iranian government to be used again by Iraq.