Massive FPS drops every 20 seconds

Hi all,

I'm posting here because my problem is happening in both the alpha and release versions.

A few days ago I noticed that when saving missions in the mission builder that it would take up to 10 seconds for the save to actually complete. I then noticed I was getting 1-2 sec 40FPS drops every 20 seconds or so when flying in either version. This is happening even in missions where I'm using no mods/scripts with no objects aside from the F-5E i'm flying.

Here's a snapshot of what is happening performance-wise when these drops occur:

spike.jpg

The mysterious part is that DCS and everything it should need to access is on my SSD 850 Evo Samsung C drive. Incidentally, the E drive is a 2TB HDD, which i use for storage only. Both drives show no errors and are listed in "good" condition when i benchmark them.

Any clues as to what might be going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Bull

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Sometimes this is caused by virus programs.

What do you use for virus protection?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

See that CPU,Mem and Disk C have a slight dip during the slot when your D drive spikes.

Active processes & Services tab if not checked already might help to narrow down whats going on when D drive goes havoc.

You have this visual effect only when running DCS ?

Running DCS native or any extras that might target the D drive for read or write data ?

Things that may impact are other apps, antivir active memorycheck, pagefile location (if some additional app ballons and you have it on Ddrive), syncs, intel rapid access, to name some of sources

Just throwing out ideas here, a list of files accessed on D Drive during that peak time is another way to dig deeper for a solution

- - - -

Hi, ruling out my anti-virus was one of the first things i did.

This issue only occurs if I open DCS, then close it without logging off/rebooting, then open it a second time. Seems to be something is holding DCS from releasing resources after the initial shutdown.

The workaround of just logging off then back on seems to be working for now, but obviously it's less than satisfying. Thx for your responses.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.