We want KH-41 definitly modelled in BS?

We want KH-41 definitly modelled in BS?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. We want KH-41 definitly modelled in BS?

• Yes, I want it, it is time we to correct this model
    • I Don´t care / it is fine as it is now

Ardillita - please read my previous replies.

The 3M80E Moskit missile is operational in its SSM(Surface-to-Surface Missile) form under the name "P-270" - installed on Pr. 956A("Sovremenny class) destroyers, a single Pr. 1155.1 (Udaloy-II class) destroyer, Pr. 1242.1 (Tarantul III class) and Pr. 1239 (Bora class) missile boats.

ASMs and SSMs are different beasts - you cannot just hang an SSM on an aircraft - and in the case of the Moskit only an SSM variant is operational.

Because China bought two Pr. 956E destroyers and more recently took delivery of an upgraded Pr. 956EM - all deploying that missile. The US Navy wanted to buy the Moskit missile to test the AEGIS system's ability to intercept supersonic SSMs.

- JJ.

No Alfa, please read my post. The exported Kh-41 missiles are being deplyed on the chinesse SU27 and Su-30 you can read about it in the abouve link too:

http://usacac.army.mil/cac/milreview...pOct04/lum.pdf

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?id=2439

3M80/Kh-41 MOSKIT [sS-N-22 'Sunburn']

The Moskit is a large supersonic anti-ship missile. Designed by the Raduga Design Bureau, development of the Moskit began in the 1970s. The Moskit entered Soviet military service in the 1980s aboard Sovremennyy-class guided missile destroyers and several classes of fast attack boats. An air-launched version of the Moskit was first displayed in 1992, and Raduga also reportedly began designs for a surface-to-air variant. Neither variant had entered production as of April 2002. The Moskit's control system is manufactured by NPO Altair. Missile assembly takes place at the Progress plant in Arsenyevo in Primorskiy Kray.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is not a question of believe. It is everywhere in internet in every military site, where you can read that the air to sea version, the kh-41 we have in the sim is being exported to chine to be used on their su-27 and su 30 fighters. I have posted links for the information, it is not a "guess"

Yeah, and the Su-33 carrying R-77 is on every site out there too. Mostly they copy other sites, which were wrong to begin with. What's your point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest IguanaKing

Yup...someone says it once, and it spreads like a forest fire, then suddenly it becomes "truth" because the same stories show up as the first 1000 hits on Google.

Yup...someone says it once, and it spreads like a forest fire, then suddenly it becomes "truth" because the same stories show up as the first 1000 hits on Google.

Well when Im in doubt I just wait to see what GG says about it .... and if he says its true then it has to be.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You better believe it JonTex ;)

Ok to clear this mess up.

When my father was in russian airforce in the 80's he worked closely with Raduga company, i asked him about the Kh-41 "project" and he said it was only shown on SU33 in mockup but went no further because of financial backing and breaking up of coldwar states and the need for a airborne ASM.

It is indeed theoretically in use in the navy but they do not operationally carry the weapon.

SU33 = NO

BOATS = YES

… because of financial backing and breaking up of coldwar states and the need for a airborne ASM.
But the question is (just like with EA missiles), have these weapons ever been produced, test fired but never implemented in large quantities due to economics and brake up of Soviet Union? Lock On does not model economy of the countries. So if one and only one of these was successfully test fired AND it entered service on ONE airplane, and repeat ONE airplane, then it is a legitimate to ask for it in a Lock On game.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hmmm, on that premise....where is my UBER-Frog?

I want the UTG variant, I want to kill ships with massive missiles, I want to land on carriers etc, I want to....blah blah.

Seriously, I would actually be interested in an uber-frog on that premise BUT....

(1) There are limitations to all the things ED can model, and model correctly, so why spend time modelling something used once versus something in "serial production"/"operational service" (i.e. used more than once).

(2) Don't forget that the US must also have scenarios where ONE missile test-fired from ONE a/c etc etc...so can you imagine what a-10s etc would suddenly be carrying? :eek:

(3) As much as I would love extra kit for my Frog, to give me more options in mission variety etc for the squad and server missions, the limitations of the "mission editor" are, for me (!), a bigger priority... an "editor" where...you can't even apply simple if/then login!

That's fundamental to the longevity of a sim, the ability to create varied scenarios....I tried to design a mission where 2 ships had "landed resources" with another 4 ships on the way...what I wanted to happen was have my Bomber Wing tackle the 4 ship convoy to prevent more "resources" from being landed...then attack the shore....but no, no logic like "if X gets to here, do Y"...so, a dull mission with a few ships, no incentive to get the job done in a predefined time etc...and yeah, I could have used "timings" to make units appear on shore but...what if my guys had sunk all the ships? Ah, magic teleportation of units to shore!

(sigh), Sorry, off-topic I guess.

Back on topic...I don't think that's a realistic premise, and were it to be adopted, I don't think it would benefit the sim/game.

But the question is (just like with EA missiles), have these weapons ever been produced, test fired but never implemented in large quantities due to economics and brake up of Soviet Union? Lock On does not model economy of the countries. So if one and only one of these was successfully test fired AND it entered service on ONE airplane, and repeat ONE airplane, then it is a legitimate to ask for it in a Lock On game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

(3) As much as I would love extra kit for my Frog, to give me more options in mission variety etc for the squad and server missions, the limitations of the "mission editor" are, for me (!), a bigger priority... an "editor" where...you can't even apply simple if/then login!

Amen Brewb! I voted 'yes' because if it already is in the game I'd like it to be properly modelled... but... of course there are more thorny problems than this. Editor at first, you're right. I don't call for complete overhaul but possibility to use some basic scripts in the editor would be really nice, it would save us from occasional heart attacks at least icon10.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

ED wont remodel this mighty weapon end of story.

Im sure one on the many 3d modders will though, end of the day if it does get re-modeled then those who want to use it can and those who dont wont.

I can say i play Lockon in its standard mode "As ED intended" i VERY rarely LOPE and loads and never play single player so what do i care wether some one remodels this weapon or lopes there SU33/27 to fire it.

I want F-15 with TVC and ASAT then, not to mention a few other nifty technologies including but not limited to full-blown JTIDS, ground attack radar modes, Israeli Dash and Python missiles, and ...

Oh my that flanker's gonna be in a real trouble now ain't it? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The kh-41 was part of a proposed su-33 upgrade (which China will get, but that's 2007 and beyond, and not 1994-ish like lomac's timeframe), the missile itself is only used on ships and coastal defense platforms, although my brain is quite f-ed up atm, so I'm not sure about the coastal launch version.

It is possible the Brahmos will be used on the su-33UB, but the kh-31*d1 or something is a much more practical weapon. I'd say 'nay' to the mig-29K and 'yay' for the Su-33UB, although it's a two seater, with even a classified cockpit lay out, but that's not the point, it has TVC engines, and that's all we need in lomac for my hidden fetish: aerobatics. :P

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Speaking about which plane is most likely to ever launch this missile I think the answer is Su-34. I've seen a pics of one of the prototypes with one Kh-41 uhder the centerline and another two antiship missiles on the inner wing pylons, which designation I recall as Alfa(sorry JJ, forgot the exact name :)) These weapons have been considered as part of the "Zmey" antiship complex of the Su-32FN, the dedicated antiship version of the T-10V.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Guest IguanaKing
I want F-15 with TVC and ASAT then, not to mention a few other nifty technologies including but not limited to full-blown JTIDS, ground attack radar modes, Israeli Dash and Python missiles, and ...

Oh my that flanker's gonna be in a real trouble now ain't it? :D

I want B-1As too. Then the Russian side of the game will NEED those MiG-25s and 31s to catch them. :D

I want B-1As too. Then the Russian side of the game will NEED those MiG-25s and 31s to catch them. :D

No, they'll model the ejection system all wrong, making the whole nose disappear and parachutes appear 1000 feet higher (yes, teleportation) :P

The capsule system was nice on paper, unfortunately it proved to be less than safe for the crew :| same goes for the B-57 and F-111 capsule ejection systems, yes they're great at high Q and speeds, but the landing is usually less than 'great'. Oh wait, it is, great G forces, and great injuries... :/ Not to mention low level performance. Although it has many shortcomings (read high death and injury toll), the concept has something very futuristic to it, almost sci-fi like.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Actually, IIRC the F-111's capsule supposedly worked well, but the same concept could not work for the B-1A due to weight, and as such they went with normal ejection seats.

The F-111's capsule had mechanisms to prevent or diminish ground-impact injuries.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]