Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

frixon28

Should the F-15C Get JHMCS  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should the F-15C Get JHMCS

• Yes
    • No

Dude, the current AIM-9M can kill a non maneuvering afterburning target up to 12nm. A less draggy more maneuverable version of that will be BA.

Well why are you burning while very high aspect then? :smilewink:

Lord of Salt

Well why are you burning while very high aspect then? :smilewink:

You really think I'm the one burning in that scenario? Naw I got tone one day on a flanker at that range (medium altitude), FOX-2, split-s engaged defensive. Since I didn't F3 he just kept coming at me, so boom. I not sure if he knew I was an Eagle, but if so there is generally little to worry about i terms of IR missiles, or so you'd think.

Whoops, I meant why would you burn while high aspect, seems kinda dumb...Well, airquake and all that. Didn't mean it like "Spade, WHY DID YOU BURN!?!?" :P

Edited by Sweep
REPHRASE, 3rd Edition! lol

Lord of Salt

I see it now. Hornets carrying nothing but the Aim9X on all hardpoints, prowling with the radar off down in the weeds, making life hell for the bottom feeders :)

(Is the Hornet limited to carrying a maximum of 4x AIM9X missiles?)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I see it now. Hornets carrying nothing but the Aim9X on all hardpoints, prowling with the radar off down in the weeds, making life hell for the bottom feeders :)

Pretty sure it can split its wing pylons for a max total of 10.

I certainly hope it doesn't turn out this way.

The AMRAAM in DCS may not be the best but I guarantee it would still have good enough range to warrant carrying it.

There is also the question of at what range the X can reliably lock a target.

So, I seriously doubt it would be like this....

But if it did, the X combined with the upcoming pheonix might make ED put a priory on fixing missile range.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

(can the 18 carry 2 amraams on a pylon like the E?)

FA-1877SQNAsraamAmraam.jpg

Also:

Edited by Elysian Angel
Added YouTube-link
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

FA-1877SQNAsraamAmraam.jpg

Also:

Are people not able to count or am I seeing ghost images.. I count 12 amrams on that Bug! humm hold on a second! they are not all the same missiles..

6 aim-120s and 6 aim-132s?

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Yup.. give me 12 aim-9xs and Ill go turning the dcs RU philosophy against it self.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

It may be worth noting that this was exactly the tactic employed by everyone and their dog while playing Janes' F-18 in multiplayer back in the day. Hopefully we'll see some more diverse tactics when the bug gets the full DCS treatment.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

It may be worth noting that this was exactly the tactic employed by everyone and their dog while playing Janes' F-18 in multiplayer back in the day. Hopefully we'll see some more diverse tactics when the bug gets the full DCS treatment.

Pretty much the tactic everyone uses in dcs too...

Are people not able to count or am I seeing ghost images.. I count 12 amrams on that Bug! humm hold on a second! they are not all the same missiles..

6 aim-120s and 6 aim-132s?

6 ASRAAMs

6 AMRAAMs

I hope he has a Tanker flying w/ him too...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

no way, why stop bottomfeeding when you can run to the forums and cry about it

My tactic includes making you chase me into a zone in which SAM sites come online and light you up.. :-)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I just got an idea on how I'm gonna make use of the hornet now. Low and blind, with only awacs to guide me. I'll carry 1 HARM to handle a popup radar site, then some Aim-9s for anyone dumb enough to get close

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

You mean you don't have buddies feeding you info via Datalink?

Prepare to find your self flying low, blind and without an umbrella.... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Won't the E3 and E2 be able to provide the datalink ? From relatively safe distance?

Edited by AegisFX

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

6 ASRAAMs

6 AMRAAMs

I hope he has a Tanker flying w/ him too...

And he better be very careful, if he crashes that's nearly half of Australia's stock of A-A missiles lost.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Even mentioning Python 5's should be a crime banned by Geneva Convention!

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

The heaters are modeled just fine in most cases thanks to having fairly short operating times and ranges - in other words they don't need additional guidance algorithms beyond PN, and their drag is, well, consistent given that speed-time diagrams are available for the 9L and the 9M takes after that graph in-game.

So if they don't model the 9X as the 'all seeing missile of death', it's wrong ... and it's quite easy to make it ignore CMs.

Note: The peeps who employ these FPA seekers may have developed CMs against them IRL. But so far all the conventional CMs we know of, these seekers just don't care. If your initial lock is good, it's publicly demonstrated that the 9X just ignores the CMs (that would include the 25Ts IR jammer) and ED takes that into account, like it or not.

Part of the improvement program of the 9X was to reduce a deficiency in performance against aircraft employing countermeasures (flares). Increased flare rejection performance doesn't equate to immunity, not what i'd call a death ray with no counter like you seem to believe at least.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Part of the improvement program of the 9X was to reduce a deficiency in performance against aircraft employing countermeasures (flares). Increased flare rejection performance doesn't equate to immunity, not what i'd call a death ray with no counter like you seem to believe at least.

Apart from the fact that the very mechanism that makes and FPA work means that the current generation of flares in the game get automatically rejected.

Beyond the theory there is multiple demonstration of the 9X not being spoofed, even in an unrealistically heavy flare environment.

So with this, do you have any proof to the contrary?

Apart from the fact that the very mechanism that makes and FPA work means that the current generation of flares in the game get automatically rejected.

Beyond the theory there is multiple demonstration of the 9X not being spoofed, even in an unrealistically heavy flare environment.

So with this, do you have any proof to the contrary?

DOT&E states

The AIM-9X program completed an operational test evaluating a software upgrade (8.2XX) to the fielded missile. The upgrade addressed a previous deficiency in performance against aircraft employing countermeasures (flares)

8.2XX(the latest software version)includes. ... and increased flare rejection performance.

The word 'increased' for me means your theory is not absolute.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org