Game won't start after last update

Aries101

Hello

I think it was from that last update from 2-3 days ago. I start my game, update bar quickly pops up and dissapear. After that nothing happens.

All was working fine up to that point. I did try to repair in from prompt, wich kinda helped yesterday but today it did not help.

Only thing that is different from before I that I had to add Headtracker.dll cos I am using tracknoir for my head tracking.

I guess you may have more experience with that so any advice is welcome.

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs.log ( guide in my signature ) and we will try to help

I would recommend a clean up and repair ( also in my signature )

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Typically this is a matter of the GPU.

Updating drivers was good. Your Redistributed files are up to date?

If you had a crash they sometimes need to be reinstalled?

Let's see Bignewy's assessment of the Logs also.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

IT is funny hor my GPu always gets first blame. I solved problem on my own. headreack noir want's to put Headtracker.dll in bin folder so you can use your tracker in game. SO far so good. After few hours of googling I suddenly found out that there exists two versions of that file. one was 32 bit and other is 64 bit and there lied problem. I realised that problem was about there when i removed those files from game folder all went ok. I finaly installed 64 bit version and suddenly game started up normally and all was ok.

ANyway. Game was repaired twice and all my drivers are up to date. ALso my GPu is below required, but it is holding game with occasional DCS crash wich I accept since I Know I cant have better card atm. SO GPU crashing game looks much different than my problem was.

Anyway, thanks for help and hopefully my solution can help someone else that uses tracknoir also.

I can confirm the headtracker.dll problem. DCS Hangs, waiting for some unspecied svchost process.

I had the same problem yesterday after carrying out a repair and clean operation for a different issue, and after spotting this post, and copying the headtracker .dll from a known working install fixed it.

It seems odd that it was the repair/clean that caused the problem in the first place. Perhaps this should be on a sticky checklist of things to check if DCS Stalls on startup.

I can confirm the headtracker.dll problem. DCS Hangs, waiting for some unspecied svchost process.

I had the same problem yesterday after carrying out a repair and clean operation for a different issue, and after spotting this post, and copying the headtracker .dll from a known working install fixed it.

It seems odd that it was the repair/clean that caused the problem in the first place. Perhaps this should be on a sticky checklist of things to check if DCS Stalls on startup.

Hmm that sounds like a bug maybe. If needed i can look up in game and try to find some logs if that will help