IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - APRIL 2017

Dolphin887

hello, Dolphin887

I have only one DCS version( Open Beta ).

and I updated DCS version after deactivating last week.

but I have some modules(A-10C, etc).

I have to apply this procedure?

thanks

No need at all.

If your MiG is working after you updated open Beta, you are ok. No worries.

Thank you.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question.

I have 3 installs of DCS.

I patched in March, not being aware of the Mig 21 problems, and found I could not start the World or Beta game due to the Mig 21. I deleted the Leatherneck out of the registry and reactivated the Mig in both games with no other problems in either game and the Mig working normally.

Is there anything I should do before patching tomorrow?

To simplify, I would strongly suggest deactivating DRM for MiG, then cleaning the registry.

You will save your current activation, and you will be ready to receive all the patches.

Once DCS updates, please activate in openBeta first. If you got all updates properly, MiG will work in all DCS versions that you might have.

If you need any further help, let us know on support mail.

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What if we never fired up the MiG within the march update? Do we still have to deactivate it or is it just for those who actually used the module since the march update came out?

Please do deactivate: note that in your case you might get UPDATE DCS prompt - skip it and deactivate first.

After that, I recommend cleaning the registry, to enable clean registry environment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, I have openbeta patched and activated and working flawlessly, but I did not receive any additional activation. Tomorrow I will do nothing according to the PDF (I have stable and alpha too). Is that the reason for not receiving two more activations?

Thanks.

Additional activations are there, it's just that the server side needs sort of "manual refreshing" per each serial (you deactivate, then activate again - you get the correct number of activations left). No need to do this - activations are there.

All you have to do is to update Alpha tomorrow.

Regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please do deactivate: note that in your case you might get UPDATE DCS prompt - skip it and deactivate first.

After that, I recommend cleaning the registry, to enable clean registry environment.

Thanks, but I need further help as the "manual" doesn't cover this very case:

omzl2wec.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thanks, but I need further help as the "manual" doesn't cover this very case:

In this case, just clean the registry and don't activate until updated (close or exit the "Activation" dialog when it appears).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to be clear, I have all 3 versions of DCS and all 3 versions have the Mig 21 checked and last week I updated the openbeta version and it is the only one that currently works. According to the PDF, I do nothing except update the stable and alpha versions of DCS and do not uncheck the Mig 21 modules. Correct?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

That's great news!

Thanks for the explanation, Dolphin887, can't be clearer than that :)

I'm pretty sure it was irony from 2IAE-CrashBG's part, or perhaps even sarcasm ;)

It wasn't, I'm generally displeased from having to do this and will most likely just not fly this aircraft any more. As much as I love this module, if it doesn't work out of the box, I won't fly it.

Someone mentioned floppy disks and doing stuff to make games work, well, I work in a game development company and I do a lot of this stuff daily, so I would prefer if I don't have to do it at home when I would like to have fun. Sorry for steering this off-topic.

• Like 1

It wasn't, I'm generally displeased from having to do this and will most likely just not fly this aircraft any more. As much as I love this module, if it doesn't work out of the box, I won't fly it.

I understand your frustration, it's ok. Maybe I would react the same way.

Note that we are doing this for all current and future users - after we are through, it's going to be much easier for everyone.

MiG-21 was the first 3rd party module and as such helped both ED and 3rd party developers find their way with handling the modules: since no one knew how the modules will behave until they are actually used by thousands of players we made some initial mistakes simply because many things were unknown.

However, many things improved along the way mostly for every new module.

We are deeply sorry we had to do this: we have no choice but to improve things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to be clear, I have all 3 versions of DCS and all 3 versions have the Mig 21 checked and last week I updated the openbeta version and it is the only one that currently works. According to the PDF, I do nothing except update the stable and alpha versions of DCS and do not uncheck the Mig 21 modules. Correct?

Correct.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Note that we are doing this for all current and future users - after we are through, it's going to be much easier for everyone.

MiG-21 was the first 3rd party module and as such helped both ED and 3rd party developers find their way with handling the modules: since no one knew how the modules will behave until they are actually used by thousands of players we made some initial mistakes simply because many things were unknown.

Thanks for understanding, Dolphin!

I'll most probably get back to it later on.

Best regards!

Your effort is appreciated, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Correct.

I was updated on stable DCS with March MiG21 patch but today I could not unchek (DRM deactivate) in DCS 2.0 ... some error about activation details can`t remeber. I`m not updated 2.0 with March patch. It's a little confusing all this.

Because of that I decided clean registry and wait to activate after this update today.

BTW, good work with this new SF patch. :thumbup:

EDIT: Update, Patch, Activation = Successfully

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

After todays update and running the Deactivation-Activation process as suggested in the PDF and using the register clean file the Mig-21 is working PERFECT in both versions.

Great job M3.

Smooth process without problems.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I can also confirm that all updates ran exactly as expected. Thanks for the great instructions.

Good job, M3!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Now that all versions have been patched, does this change eliminate the activation headaches that have been plaguing us? I am hoping to, finally, reinstall the Mig-21 which I haven't had installed in well over a year.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thats the point. Fixing Starforce issues with the Mig once and for all.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Updated using procedures put up by you folks.

Activations left showing is 3, where as I am quite sure I had something like 11 activations left before.

Not a biggie for me coz I know your folks have great support, just letting you know.

Thanks

Manish

Now that all versions have been patched, does this change eliminate the activation headaches that have been plaguing us?

Correct, this patching was aimed to fix that issue.

Thank you for returning to MiG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Activations left showing is 3, where as I am quite sure I had something like 11 activations left before.

Please, don't hesitate to send us support request anytime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In this case, just clean the registry and don't activate until updated (close or exit the "Activation" dialog when it appears).

Thanks, worked all fine. Reactivated after patching, 9 left, works in OA and OB salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg