NTTR takes a whopping 12+ minutes to load any mission

pepto

So I haven't played 2.0/NTTR for quite a while and I decided to update the other day and try it out. First nothing loaded at all, missions, mission editor, any of that, so I did a quick repair, deleted my 2.0 saved game stuff and tried again. That seemed to fix the mission editor (although it still takes a pretty long time to access the loadout page for some reason) but I still experience massive loading times stuck on the "Please Wait" part as well as stuttering when I actually get to play. Anyone got any ideas? :helpsmilie:

Specs: GTX960, 8GB RAM (DDR4), Intel i5 6600K 3.50GHz

Make sure your antivirus or security is not interfering with the load, add dcs to its whitelist

are you using a HDD or SSD?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Make sure your antivirus or security is not interfering with the load, add dcs to its whitelist

are you using a HDD or SSD?

Now that you mention it I think I recall windows deffender taking a big chunk of my resources in task manager, I'll deffinetely try messing with that when I can. And unfortunately I'm stuck with an SSD but I have 1.5 on the same one and that loads without trouble. Also I don't know if it's significant but in the list of modules at the bottom of the main menu ever module says it's version 2.5 except NTTR which says 2.4

I've got the same problem after last DCS Update. It's not 12 minutes, but the loading times in alpha have increased by at least 3 times.

No impact on stable or beta version. I remember having this problem before, some years ago, but I don't remember what the solution was.

AMD R7 5800X | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 2070S | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Saitek X52 Pro Throttle + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier

I've got the same problem after last DCS Update. It's not 12 minutes, but the loading times in alpha have increased by at least 3 times.

No impact on stable or beta version. I remember having this problem before, some years ago, but I don't remember what the solution was.

Back then it was a "GPU Driver Issue" for me and others. Of course there were other issues back then that caused similar problems. One time it was the "Redistributed Files" needing to be reinstalled after an update.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Alright, tried updating GPU drivers and excluded both the eagle dynamics folder and run.exe in the alpha folder from windows defender, still takes 12+ minutes to load even the simplest mission. :cry:

It's also worth noting that now when I try to access the loadout page in the mission editor THAT takes an crazy amount of time to load too, I really don't know what to do here I'm spending more time waiting for the game to load than I do actual flying.

I've seen it said a few times that it takes longer because in release 1.5.6 & beta the map and data are preloaded because olnly one map to choose from at game start, in 2.0 nothing is loaded because you have to choose the map you require to play so the extra time is that map data being loaded

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5