Viggen and M-2000C which is better performance wise for VR?

Wolf8312

Viggen is on slae and it sounds like the better module but I have heard it performs less well in VR while I hear the M-2000C performs perhaps better than any other module in VR! Not sure how accurate that is though. What do you guys think?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

It depends on what you want out of it, I love them both.

The Mirage can do more stuff, but the Viggen is fun and challenging and have a smaller learning curve if you don't want to "go deep".

I get good preformance out of both in VR with a 4770k and 980, Mirage a little better.

Yeah I do want them both lol just have to prioritize for the time being! I also really want the Huey, and havent even tried to learn the Mi8 yet!

Sounds like our specs are the same. I like the idea of the viggen being a low flying attack aircraft cause the mig 21 gives an incredible feeling when flying low so I imagine the viggen will be even better/faster. One thing I like in DCS/VR is going in manually at the sharp end as oppose to using computer systems to hit the enemy from great distances.

Thats fun too of course to an extent, but in VR theres nothing quite like taking the war to the enemy! One reason I want to learn the Huey! Should maybe just get the Huey....Been flying the mig21 alot recently though and the speed is exhiliarating in VR.

The Viggen is officially released now and out of EA then?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I got the Viggen and am blown away with how it feels and how much precision you are allowed over it control wise, compared to something like the mig-21! Sadly though my jetseat and simshaker software is crashing whenever I crash my AC so I will have to wait for a patch (developer says one is coming) until I can get back to it. Hard to play without a jetseat now in VR!

------------

I got the Viggen and am blown away with how it feels and how much precision you are allowed over it control wise, compared to something like the mig-21! Sadly though my jetseat and simshaker software is crashing whenever I crash my AC so I will have to wait for a patch (developer says one is coming) until I can get back to it. Hard to play without a jetseat now in VR!

Glad to hear you like it, I've been reading/contemplating getting the Viggen as well but am not sure it's what I want. In any case the beta update with about 40 fixes should be out in the release version soon, I think I'll wait. In the mean time I'm flying the F-15...wonder what the change will be like?

Astronaught put it this way, today a bug stopped me from using my jetseat, and in all honestly I couldnt bare to fly without it! It ruined my day off and I refused to fly the Viggen until it was fixed.

Once you've got used to it a while it just feels vital because it brings home a tactile sensation of flight which is suddenly and conspiciously absent as soon as you try to do without it.

As an example go full throttle and crank up the after burner, and you feel it increasing beneath you- you feel the power of the engine. Combined with VR is just well the final piece of the puzzel!

You feel you cannons reverberating around the AC, or your wheels touching down on the tarmac! It's really something! How relative sensations of mere rumble can simulate such a convincing and varied effect!

That said, as today vividly illustrated, its kind of like VR itself and I would call it a work in progress with many things that need to be ironed out.

Its completely dependant on the simshaker software (if you want to use USB mode and dont wish to buy a new soundcard) which is touted as free software and made by a guy in his spare time who very generously will help you if need be.

The manufacturer adamently refuses to view the software and the seat as two parts of the same thing, even though USB mode (the very reason this butt kicks buttkicker) is entirely dependant upon the simshaker software itself and wont work without.

Maybe I'm being silly but I'd much prefer that the manufacturers market the simshaker software as something included within the overall jetseat package and something they stand behind as much as the seat itself both things under warrenty if one or the other should fail. To be honest this is what I assumed when buying it and they did themselves by their own admission develop the software.

Lets say simshaker software for whatever reason one day wont work? I doubt you'd get a refund and without the software it wont work for something like DCS unless you want to use it in sound mode, and I myself bought it specifically for USB mode and to avoid sound mode.

These minor issues aside however well, what I said above! Its brilliant!

------------

The jet seat is truly amazing with VR. For multiplayer servers it requires that the client export is enabled hence my server selection is based on that. I simply don't fly without it and highly endorse it's use. You absolutely will not regret purchasing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combined with VR is just well the final piece of the puzzel!

This!

Simshaker

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

They should be called ARKAN pods right? But the thing is in the mission editor when I try to select a payload with ARKAN or gun pods, they dont seem to be there! Do they maybe go by another name?

------------

AKAN is the gunpods, don't remember the actual designation and ARAK is rockets. Will check later after work

Yeah think it was cause I was editing a training mission. Still havent got them to work yet or found them though!

"AKAN 30/55 gun pod The gun pods consist of a 30 mm AKAN (Automat KANon) m/55 (ADEN) in gun pod with 150 rounds per gun (30/55 MINGR55 HE rounds.) The pods can either be used in an air-to-air or an air-to-ground role. Casings and links remain in the pod after firing. "

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

Found em dont know why but each mission I edit seems to only give me a limited choice of loadouts!

You can't mix different AG weapons in the Viggen. The only exceptions are AKAN gunpods with RB 05 or AKAN plus RB 74.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

To be honest it flies great but not sure its my kind of AC. It kind of blows its load and then flies off again which is fun, but I think one reason I like helicopters is I like to hang around a while! I kind of miss a default cannon as well!

------------

To be honest it flies great but not sure its my kind of AC. It kind of blows its load and then flies off again which is fun, but I think one reason I like helicopters is I like to hang around a while! I kind of miss a default cannon as well!

I flew my F-15 along side a Viggen yesterday, it looked pretty good the way it handled but I know what you mean. I want an all purpose aircraft that can fly multi-roll missions. I know this may not be anything for some but I want an English cockpit. There is an English cockpit mod out there for the Viggen, don't know how good it is.

What about the M2000C does that have a default cannon and is more multipurpose?

Viggen is great, one of the best feeling AC's I've ever simmed with and it does have some interesting weapons, and jet dive bombing is incredibly cool. But...Its just all over a little quickly and its back to base.

Without any cannons to defend yourself too, its not like you can get into dog fights on the way home or defend yourself if need be!

------------