Ravens Fighter Championship

=DECOY=

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rewatched the stream from yesterday. Good action! But please chilly show more of the F10 map. while watching you have 0 idea what's going on and you missed alot of action. So my suggestion would be stay in F10 map and then just zoom in when there's action happening.

So when is the next tournament? :D

EDIT: or maybe as somebody suggested make 2 Streams, where somebody is on the F10 map the whole time and then show the link so you can watch both at the same time.

Edited by [TWB]ec0ke

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.twitch.tv/ec0ke :pilotfly:

rfc_semi1.png

rfc_semi2.png

Both Semi finals lived up to our expectations. Don't be misled by the score, the fights were actually pretty close! You will be able to see by yourselves once Decoy has posted the ACMI's :)

Here are the results from all the matches so far:

rfc_results.png

The Big Finale will see the two current best fighter squadrons squaring off on Saturday at 1900z. No doubt both 104th and SF will fight tooth and nail for this one.

Best way to get reminded about this match is to follow Chilly's Twitch channel then activate auto notifications - a 'green heart' will turn up confirming that auto notifications have been set up correctly for you. Sit back and relax and an email will be sent out just before the show begins.

rfc_brackets.png

Edited by FLANKERATOR
  • Like 1

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

The Semi finals are over and wow what a night. The SF Squadron won against Team Turborush 2-0, excellent flying from both sides.

While the 104th also won against the RVE Team.

Nail biting action from both matches and we thank all who attended the semi finals.

So the final next Saturday will be the 104th vs the SF Squadron.

This will be a final you won't want to miss!!!

see you next Saturday at 19:00z and here is the link to the brackets with the detailed results:

http://sa-sim.com/rfc1-brackets-order-of-battle-and-streams/

• Like 1

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

ec0ke;3114269']Can't wait for the "Clash of the Titans"

and hats off to Chilly who made a big improvement over the first stream!

definitely agree about chilly, he has done a great job.

and the final is going to be epic :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Finals: 104th vs. SF

Saturday, April 22nd 1900Z (will update if needed) LIVE https://twitch.tv/chillywillies

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

SF that was some awesome action right there !

Maybe I love creative tactics to much, but that really was amazing to watch. :D

Congratz on the win !

104th, well, its nearly redundant to mention you guys and very good bvr performance in the same statement, but obviously well fought ! :)

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

WOW WHAT A FINAL,

Firstly thank you to all teams that took part and especially to The 104th and the SF Squadron.

The First Round (BVR) the 104th Took the Win over the SF Squad, Using the Exceptional skills we all respect.

The Second Round saw some excellent Engagements giving the SF Squadron the Win to Tie the Match

The Final Round was one unlike any other, the SF Squadron used training and tactics to the max, They didn't take any Missiles !!!!!

THATS right they only flew with Guns only

The Tactics were impressive and saw them take the Win :)

104th Phoenix 1 - SF Squadron 2

Here is the Link the the Twitch, if you missed it i highly recommend you watch the reply:

The Tacviews are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezmzrfi3ctvo2ce/AABAcwrSX0LhBS75K_pM7OBra?dl=0

A MASSIVE THANK YOU GUYS and we look forward to seeing you guys at the next one.

Some great action congrats to SF but I can't help thinking the bizarre format took away what could have been an even greater spectacle. Having a BVR, guns and heater rounds I expected to see some different fighter team tactics for each round but apart from the first round it was a race to gun the ground units.

To have a fighter championship decided by who can destroy static units the quickest takes away that pvp aspect of tactical fighting and introduced more of a gamey race tactic. To shoot down all of the opposing fighters but end up the loser in a fighter championship seems strange especially considering the mission was won after the first merge, great job by SF but maybe naming it fighter championship is a bit misleading.

Ultimately though another great event for all to enjoy, congrats to the hosts and admins, I hope to see more great events in the future.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Thanks for the organizers and participants for an entertaining tournament. I'd also like to give thanks to Sykloni, Oberst Zeisig, Sweeper and FinnMack who helped us with practice. 104th put up a good fight and we are looking forward to meeting them again and hopefully beat them also in BVR.

I think the drag race format was a nice change of pace but I agree that it gets old pretty quick as the novelty wears off. F-15 is also so much superior in a fighter jet drag race that it's unfair to every other plane. With some tweaking of the mission the BVR and SRM rounds would probably work well but in guns only round just concentrating on the ground units is going to be always a tough tactic to beat as if you just keep your speed up (at least in the F-15) it's relatively easy to just fly around the battlefield and do drive by shooting on the ground targets to get at least 2-3 targets before someone gets close enough to bring you down.

Tournament tactics are always going to be off from "real world" tactics as the closest real world scenario would be one involving WMDs that are fortunately extremely rare. Basically pilots mission would be to accomplish the mission regardless of the risks or costs incurred (ie. kamikaze if necessary would not be a bad move) as alternative would be many times worse (not necessarily only for you but for the people you are protecting).

The tactic in the third round (heaters) was selected simply because missiles and especially wing pylons that they are attached to create enough drag that not equipping them gives you enough lead to take out the ground targets with relative safety as long as you don't screw up the first strafing pass (which we did). The only way to get to the target fast enough to intercept is to not take the wing pylons which means no missiles either so the round reverts to guns only in which the best tactic is to engage ground targets only. All of this implies that you can get to the target area in fastest time possible or you are taking a huge gamble. Fortunately we had some science to help us out to find a flight profile that would provide the absolutely fastest flight to the target that others would be able to only match at best and hence confidence to try it out.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

We forgot to mention that both groups of ground units were actually armored presidential corteges that were heading for the same summit before war suddenly broke out between the two countries so jets had to scramble in an attempt to both protect own president and attack enemy's convoy :D

Jokes aside, this was a fun event to watch, very high paced! I'm personnaly happy with this new setup, it brought something new to the table and put pilots' skills to a tough test so hats off to all contestants and congratulations to SF, you guys really demonstrated what thinking out of the box really means!

It also shows that you practiced and planned your fight according to victory conditions.

Thanks to my partners, the 59th Ravens who did a great job at organizing and hosting the competition.

Kudos to Chillywillies for stepping up to the plate as our live streamer.

I'd also like to thank Panda for the great commentary that he provided in the Finale, we hope to have you in the commentary box again at the next one.

Round 2 will probably bring some adjustments to the ruleset for even more exciting, white knuckle fights and we hope to see you all at the party again.

I'll start working on the AAR soon, I think the 104th will still dominate the A2A department while SF will surely get the lions share A2G wise, stay tuned!

Edited by FLANKERATOR
Grammar: broke out not broke up

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Some great action congrats to SF but I can't help thinking the bizarre format took away what could have been an even greater spectacle. Having a BVR, guns and heater rounds I expected to see some different fighter team tactics for each round but apart from the first round it was a race to gun the ground units.

To have a fighter championship decided by who can destroy static units the quickest takes away that pvp aspect of tactical fighting and introduced more of a gamey race tactic. To shoot down all of the opposing fighters but end up the loser in a fighter championship seems strange especially considering the mission was won after the first merge, great job by SF but maybe naming it fighter championship is a bit misleading.

Ultimately though another great event for all to enjoy, congrats to the hosts and admins, I hope to see more great events in the future.

I thought the same thing at first. But, I think it ultimately threw a wrench into a lot of people's set plans and was a factor that helped facilitate an urgency to at least occupy the target area. It was a little abnormal, but I think the Ravens did a great job implementing something different.

We forgot to mention that both groups of ground units were actually armored presidential corteges that were heading for the same summit before war suddenly broke out between the two countries so jets had to scramble in an attempt to both protect own president and attack enemy's convoy :D

Jokes aside, this was a fun event to watch, very high paced! I'm personnaly happy with this new setup, it brought something new to the table and put pilots' skills to a tough test so hats off to all contestants and congratulations to SF, you guys really demonstrated what thinking out of the box really means!

It also shows that you practiced and planned your fight according to victory conditions.

Thanks to my partners, the 59th Ravens who did a great job at organizing and hosting the competition.

Kudos to Chillywillies for stepping up to the plate as our live streamer.

I'd also like to thank Panda for the great commentary that he provided in the Finale, we hope to have you in the commentary box again at the next one.

Round 2 will probably bring some adjustments to the ruleset for even more exciting, white knuckle fights and we hope to see you all at the party again.

I'll start working on the AAR soon, I think the 104th will still dominate the A2A department while SF will surely get the lions share A2G wise, stay tuned!

Thank you! It was a good experience for me and I'm glad to be part of events that bring the DCS community closer together. We really enjoyed hosting the event. :)

• Like 1

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

I'm just realizing now that I started working on the AAR how close the final round of the finale was! I mean it could of gone either way when Kapsu, sole survivor from SF with one 104th ground target left at that moment, was chased by 3 Eagles! He escaped two Sidewinders and a rain of tracers before lighting up the last ground target...what a finish! This is snatching victory from the jaws of defeat..maybe one more tracer and he could of been unable to engage the last ground unit... It's crazy how a very small detail could make the difference between winning and losing at this level!

I'm just realizing now that I started working on the AAR how close the final round of the finale was! I mean it could of gone either way when Kapsu, sole survivor from SF with one 104th ground target left at that moment, was chased by 3 Eagles! He escaped two Sidewinders and a rain of tracers before lighting up the last ground target...what a finish! This is snatching victory from the jaws of defeat..maybe one more tracer and he could of been unable to engage the last ground unit... It's crazy how a very small detail could make the difference between winning and losing at this level!

I blame my wrist. :)

Gents, AAR is out!

http://sa-sim.com/after-action-report-of-the-first-ravens-fighter-championship/

There is a claiming section if you feel something is inaccurate or missing. Please report asap so that we can declare the report final and update the Rankings in a couple of days.

Thanks all again for the great fights and remember that the next RFC will feature a nice prizepool, which I'm sure everybody will fight tooth and nail for :)