DCS World on low settings

Morghor

Hello everyone . I have wanted to play DCS for a very long time and I finally have a computer capable of running the game . Unfortunately , I JUST make the minimum requirements and the modules and the joystick are expensive . So , if I invest in all this equipment , I want to have a basic idea of how the gameplay will be . I wanted to ask you guys if low settings makes the game unplayable or if the gameplay makes up for it . I have noticed that the community is very helpful . Also , I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum . Could a mod please move the thread if it is not in the correct sub-forum?

Edited by Morghor

Hello everyone . I have wanted to play DCS for a very long time and I finally have a computer capable of running the game . Unfortunately , I JUST make the minimum requirements and the modules and the joystick are expensive . So , if I invest in all this equipment , I want to have a basic idea of how the gameplay will be . I wanted to ask you guys if low settings makes the game unplayable or if the gameplay makes up for it . I have noticed that the community is very helpful . Also , I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum . Could a mod please move the thread if it is not in the correct sub-forum?

Can you send me your specs or post them in the forum just so I can see?

Also, I would recommend getting a 1050Ti. Its not an expensive card but it should help a lot going forward.

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Unfortunately , I JUST make the minimum requirements and the modules and the joystick are expensive . So , if I invest in all this equipment , I want to have a basic idea of how the gameplay will be ?

The basic DCS download includes two free aircrafts, and they can be controlled by just keyboard and mouse (even tough a joystick is much better for fine control of the planes), so you can just give it a try with zero investment and see for yourself how it performs.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Can you send me your specs or post them in the forum just so I can see?

Also, I would recommend getting a 1050Ti. Its not an expensive card but it should help a lot going forward.

I will get http://www.hpshopping.in/hp_notebook_-_15-ay503tx . (I didn't ask for a laptop , it was a hand-me-down lol) . If it was up to me , I would have tried to build a PC but it wasn't and it is unlikely that I will be able to build a PC in a couple of years as I have to focus on studies . I have always wanted to play a SIM like DCS where I can communicate and fly with other pilots , complete all the start-ups , request permission for take-off , taxi etc . The main question I had was will low settings be so bad that it will ruin the game even if the gameplay is fantastic . In April , I will have the laptop and I will have summer until May , so I Will have plenty of time for DCS .

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether a PC/Laptop will run DCS.

Note my PC specs. and you see I run on an older i7 920 from around 2002 or so. The specs on

your laptop are much higher than mine. I would upgrade to 12 or 16Gigs of ram and I believe

it will be ok. Possibly even Medium Graphics settings. The video card will be your limiter in the

case of this Laptop. More GPU Ram would be preferable.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Note my PC specs. and you see I run on an older i7 920 from around 2002 or so.

Yes, its old, but not quite 15 years :)

... the 920 hit the market at the end of 2008. My i5-750 is just a tad newer, being launched on second half of 2009. Would like to upgrade, but the cost of a better processor, plus motherboard, plus ram is just too much for now :(

... as a stop gap I've just ordered an i7 860 from China, for just 40 euro including shipping .. not newer, but 50% faster than my current processor :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, its old, but not quite 15 years :)

... the 920 hit the market at the end of 2008. My i5-750 is just a tad newer, being launched on second half of 2009. Would like to upgrade, but the cost of a better processor, plus motherboard, plus ram is just too much for now :(

... as a stop gap I've just ordered an i7 860 from China, for just 40 euro including shipping .. not newer, but 50% faster than my current processor :)

"Around 2002 or So" that wasn't the point of our conversation. You prowess is interesting.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.