Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Hmmm interesting. Will probably have to hold out for the pro version. :D

Pro here means a different thing :) As in pre-production version :)

I was talking about the creation of the pre-production version of the throttle control unit.

Which is of course a huge and very important landmark, but not yet anything ready to be marketed.

It is when we physically start fumbling the device in our hands, collecting tactile experiences and impressions, repositioning the buttons to suit guys with different hands, and readjusting the dimensions of the device. Following these readjustments we will move the boards inside the device up and down, or sideways, or split some boards in two, or merge two in one, etc., we will start working on the internal elegance of the device, i.e. how the inner parts are accessible for maintenance, or whether there are some loops of cables sticking out and hanging loose - there are thousands of things to work on still.

It can still take a few months between a pre-pro and actually serial sample of the device.

:joystick:

Talking pro vs non-pro in our "usual" meaning of this word, I believe "pro" is nor the most appropriate neither the most semantically correct definition: if you've grown to the level of understanding the need for proper throttle control, you've deserved this title regardless whether this word appears on the device's label or not.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro here means a different thing :) As in pre-production version :)

I was talking about the creation of the pre-production version of the throttle control unit.

Which is of course a huge and very important landmark, but not yet anything ready to be marketed.

It is when we physically start fumbling the device in our hands, collecting tactile experiences and impressions, repositioning the buttons to suit guys with different hands, and readjusting the dimensions of the device. Following these readjustments we will move the boards inside the device up and down, or sideways, or split some boards in two, or merge two in one, etc., we will start working on the internal elegance of the device, i.e. how the inner parts are accessible for maintenance, or whether there are some loops of cables sticking out and hanging loose - there are thousands of things to work on still.

It can still take a few months between a pre-pro and actually serial sample of the device.

:joystick:

Talking pro vs non-pro in our "usual" meaning of this word, I believe "pro" is nor the most appropriate neither the most semantically correct definition: if you've grown to the level of understanding the need for proper throttle control, you've deserved this title regardless whether this word appears on the device's label or not.

Ah understood, thanks for the explanation. My X55 throttle might not make it to the VKB release one, but I am hoping. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Thanks for all the info AeroGator. It's always nice to get some direct answers from VKB HQ.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I mean only the base + the joystick, without extension

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi guys,

still no official news from VKB HQ about the availability of the MCG series of grips. I know that the MCG is the topmost priority currently to get it ready and out of the door, but I still don't have a good enough ETA (and up-to-date pricing info) to open pre-ordering at VKBcontrollers.com.

The same is true for the next batch of Gunfighter sticks (whose release will likely coincide with the MCG so they can be bundled).

As I learn more, you will get notified via newsletter. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait for everyone anymore!

PS: To be on the safe side, I've pushed the MCG and Gunfighter availability date into "late October" at VKBcontrollers.com.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ble. My seat needs a new stick and the virpil availability is starting to look enticing. Did they give any sort of time frame? I don't wanna have to wait til next month only for it to be pushed back again. I know you don't control vkb but any suggestions would be great.

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

I don't wanna have to wait til next month only for it to be pushed back again.

You might have to wait till next month, but not to be pushed further back. We're in full forward mode and hope to make the final checkup before China's national day (10.1.) which as it usually does will paralyze all biznis activities in the country for a week. Once we're done with the final checkup, the grips will start rolling out.

So, yes - next month is a sad fact of life, but no - further pushes back are extremely unlikely.

Edited by AeroGator

>

AeroGator

You might have to wait till next month, but not to be pushed further back. We're in full forward mode and hope to make the final checkup before China's national day (10.1.) which as it usually does will paralyze all biznis activities in the country for a week. Once we're done with the final checkup, the grips will start rolling out.

So, yes - next month is a sad fact of life, but no - further pushes back are extremely unlikely.

Meh, delays happen. I am just glad we have the option of these sticks out there. Now for throttle news... :D

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Thanks AeroGator! :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If want to get a VKB MGC PRO, what base should I get along with it? What about extension?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

If want to get a VKB MGC PRO, what base should I get along with it? What about extension?

If you're interested in extension use, then I would go with a Gunfighter Pro + MCG/MGC Pro bundle, as the Gladiator Pro's plastic housing does not support the forces of the extension.

For a desktop stick, either base option is fine, all coming down to personal preferences. Just keep in mind that the Gunfighter has a dry clutch to adjust friction, which the Gladiator Pro does not have. The Gladiator base does have programmable buttons as well as an additional axis, which the Gunfighter does not have.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Are Sahaj's Warthog Extensions compatible with these bases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

No they arent VKB use their own connectors. Their extension is good as there is no loose wire in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

No they arent VKB use their own connectors. Their extension is good as there is no loose wire in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Damn, that's unfortunate. I just recently purchased an extension and spring from Sahaj for the Warthog, I was going to consider buying a different gimbal if I could recycle the stick and extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Are you guys going to have plenty of stock on hand or be able to replenish stock moving forward?

Or do you think you will sellout quickly once released?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Are you guys going to have plenty of stock on hand or be able to replenish stock moving forward?

Or do you think you will sellout quickly once released?

The worldwide release should have plenty of stock - so no worries there.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Short or long stick? (Gladiator vs gunfighter)

Really excited about the MCG PRO stick, got all the bells and whistles I'm looking for.

However, I'm struggling to determine the better option for me with regards to the base; Currently have a CH Fighterstick which has served me well, but I've now reached the level where the center detente is affecting my flying in more pronounced ways. Hence, I'd like to improve precision. The longer Gunfighter stick would be the ultimate in precision, but I'm not sure of how much the difference is compared to the Gladiator. If anyone has experience going from short to long stick, or vice versa, I would appreciate it!

On a sidenote, the number of extra buttons on the base of the Gladiator is definitely a plus in my book, although not a requirement. I'm flying at a desktop, no simpit or similar at the moment (although could consider an Obutto or simply a mount for a long stick).

... with the introduction of a brake lever, will it be possible to use the VKB rudders for differential braking in an intelligent/integrated/easy way?

A possible difference from actual T-Rudder +T-Link software is maybe that differential brake through MCG brake lever axis allow brake in a proportional way, actually with T-Link is a "delayed ON-OFF".

do you think you will sellout quickly once released?

Every business hopes to sell out whatever they make asap :) so do we.

But no worries here, once the MCGs start rolling out, we will keep dealerships stocked up. That's one of the reasons behind all our announcements and feedback collecting.

We more or less see how many we need for the first impact, and how many we need to produce on monthly/quarterly basis. So there may be interruptions, like a week or two, due to logistics - but no lasting shortages.

>

AeroGator

When the MCG is available, will it be possible to buy again a gunfighter pro + warthog adapters ?

I have a warthog and I got used to the grip, MCG looks great. But I thought by buying a gunfighter pro I could have the best of both world, with a great gimbal, a kg13grip for when flying ww2 and a warthog grip for the rest :)

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk