Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Extra Long Extensions and Warranty Issues

I want my base to sit on the floor

Problem is, the base designers didn't want it to sit on the floor.

Moreover, they didn't want it for a reason.

This base is NOT designed to be used with stick extensions longer than the stock one, and it is also done for a reason.

VKB of course cannot stop users from trying extra long extensions but please be advised: doing so will void the warranty. It will not void support, but all free repairs and replacements will go forever.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Really? The website still says it's out of stock for the Gunfighter Mk.II. :(
Same here looked at the mcg pro on NA site and it's still out of stock.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Same here looked at the mcg pro on NA site and it's still out of stock.

Looks like Timo is in Cardiff, Wales. EU got stock today. NA stock is still up in the air.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Btw I found this, you won't find any funny unless you have been waiting a year+

http://vuaf.uk/vkb-giveaway/

also, I have to give credit to rrohde, he's timely on email replies and I would say he's as frustrated as anyone else here with the VKB, would not surprise me if the VKB mothership is giving him the runaround

Interesting find. I wasn't aware.

PS: Thanks for the kudos. I do my best to provide timely info to every inquiry, even though waiting for product availability can be frustrating for everyone involved. :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde
typo

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Btw I found this, you won't find any funny unless you have been waiting a year+
We find it not funny to help the community by once a year offering one set of joystick to some contest winner. Contest winners don't normally publish reviews or run around advertising our goods - for us it is merely a donation for the sake of development of the gaming world. Pity if this wasn't obvious.

as frustrated as anyone else here with the VKB
Please speak for yourself only.

>

AeroGator

Looks like Timo is in Cardiff, Wales. EU got stock today. NA stock is still up in the air.
Still out of stock in EU...

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Still out of stock in EU

Should be not out of stock any longer, or should be around the corner. Sea cargo arrived in Holland last Friday (I might be wrong by a day or two), then had to be cleared and delivered to EU storage.

Ping Edward, if you are in a hurry - or better, don't, as he must be crazily busy sorting the orders right now.

>

AeroGator

Should be not out of stock any longer, or should be around the corner. Sea cargo arrived in Holland last Friday (I might be wrong by a day or two), then had to be cleared and delivered to EU storage.

Ping Edward, if you are in a hurry - or better, don't, as he must be crazily busy sorting the orders right now.

If the site stock status gets updated in correct time, then I don't ;)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 5 months later...
That's the idea! Since the KG12 grip is the only grip currently available to VKB, that's what they use; once the MCG is out, there will be different options going on sale, including Gunfighter + MCG and perhaps Gladiator Pro + MCG kits. But so far, this hasn't been announced so we still need to wait for the official statement and details when we get there.

So basically that was a lie since you never produced MCG or Kosmosima grips with 5 pin connector and you never produced 3 to 5 pin adapter to connect MCG and Kosmosima to Gladiator pro MK1 base. Thank you for that. :music_whistling:

So basically that was a lie since you never produced MCG or Kosmosima grips with 5 pin connector and you never produced 3 to 5 pin adapter to connect MCG and Kosmosima to Gladiator pro MK1 base.
Basically what you said was toxic nonsense, as:

MCG 5 pin version is being produced and sold;

Kosmosima 5 pin version is being produced and sold.

Please be officially warned: criticism is OK, toxic trolling is not.

See point 1.10 Forum Rules.

Edited by AeroGator

>

AeroGator

Hello everybody!

I also want a 5-pin socket variant of the MCG for my Gladiator Mk.I.

The MCG Pro RU would be perfect!

Will such a product be available in the foreseeable future?

Greetings

Andreas

Gesendet von meinem Hi10 Plus mit Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

OK - I finally caved and reserved one. It is very expensive for me, but luckily I have a little over just now, so I'm very much looking forward to making another 27 profiles for my DCS aircraft :doh:

Seriously, though - very pleased to finally be able to order one (on 15th June, hopefully). Will use it with my X56 throttle and sell the X56 stick.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hello. I bought MCG Pro today for Gladiator Pro (Rev-A) here:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/VKB-Sim-Modern-Combat-Grip-MCG-MCG-Pro-grip-Stand-Alone/32846929173.html?spm=a2g03.10010108.1000016.1.6a3a77a9zKjnSr&isOrigTitle=true

I looked here in the forum and if I am not mistaken the "Mode" button of the base of Gladiator Pro will not have effect because Windows does not recognize more than 32 buttons. That's right? Thank you.

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Windows recognize more than 32 buttons of an joystick - but their "ancient" game controller wizard show only 32, this don't cause problem for use in most of (modern) flight sim/games - depends on how many buttons their developer add support.

Some is 32 (FSX), some 50 (SC), 64 (IL-2:GB), 128 (DCS, X-Plane).

You can use Gladiator mode button*, but need a load a new profile with support for MCG PRO.

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 3 weeks later...

Random, but I wanted to ask if VKB had any Gunfighter Mk.II Warthog adapters laying around that I could pick up. I need one to test how the new TM grip works with the gunfighter. Been trying to watch the website for months, but have not seen any updates on them.

AeroGator, can the MCG Pro Grip be attached to the Kosmosimo twist base? Thanks

No they cannot be used together.

I know our promise is long overdue but the twists for MCG are not cancelled, and we're not planning to cancel them - they will come eventually.

>

AeroGator

Random, but I wanted to ask if VKB had any Gunfighter Mk.II Warthog adapters laying around that I could pick up. I need one to test how the new TM grip works with the gunfighter. Been trying to watch the website for months, but have not seen any updates on them.

They are being produced these days. Also, tested. If tests show they're good to go, we will have no reason to hold them back.

>

AeroGator