Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

WIZZO is simpler and offers less in-depth feature, while VKBdevCfg is full featured and offers far more customization options (and thus, complexity).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VKB give a choice of 2 programmes to calibrate, what is the advantage of one over the other please.

+1 Excellent questions I was wondering the same thing.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

WIZZO is for users that became scared with programs with more than 1/2 dozen options. :)

But both - in mater of calibration - do the same thing, no better, no worse. DevCfg allow set curves.

Who in their right mind would want to set a curve on such a fantastically designed and accurate stick :D

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

Who in their right mind would want to set a curve on such a fantastically designed and accurate stick

Someone who perceives the inputs driven from the code in the sim reflecting roll and/or pitch rates as being unrealistic...or someone who is very used to curves after having used them for years.

To each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I've updated the my little Gunfighter quick guide to reflect the change of accessing the dry clutches from the top with the new Mk.II - click here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've updated the my little Gunfighter quick guide to reflect the change of accessing the dry clutches from the top with the new Mk.II - click here.

This is a thing now? Release the damn throttle already so I can place my full HOTAS replacement order :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Someone who perceives the inputs driven from the code in the sim reflecting roll and/or pitch rates as being unrealistic...or someone who is very used to curves after having used them for years.

To each their own

or play drunk.

This is a thing now? Release the damn throttle already so I can place my full HOTAS replacement order :thumbup:

Somehow I am getting the feeling you're expecting too much out of the throttles that are in development, Buckeye.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

With the MkII revision, were the spring tensioners tightened up at all to support the weight of the Warthog grip? I've essentially made my decision to go VKB over VPC, I'm just slightly concerned about some of the feedback I've read regarding the base not handling the weight of the metal grip too well...even with the strongest springs.

Somehow I am getting the feeling you're expecting too much out of the throttles that are in development, Buckeye.

I'd be happy enough with the VPC throttle, to be honest. There's just really nothing about the preview that wow'd me...plus I HATE that the mini-stick is being forced to the thumb. I would love to see something top notch from VKB (maybe including some finger lifts) but my expectations are tempered.

At least it will be better than my Warthog.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

You will. Surprisingly soon.

Omg-Midget-Wrestler-Is-Shocked-On-WWE.gif

Good to hear

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

MCG PRO user 1st impressions:

"ergonomics - superior to warthog..."

OK That's nice...but it's not the A-10C Stick...Which the warthog was patterned after.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Timetable adjustment

:director:

(in a dark, solemn voice)

We have to communicate to you folks that the dispatch of the MCGs that was previously scheduled to take place 2 Jan, 2018, will NOT happen.

Instead, it will happen TOMORROW.

:cheer3nc:

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

@rrohde: the right-hand grip in the first and last picture looks like a TMWH grip with a WH adapter. Except for the big blue switch visible in the first picture. What is it?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@rrohde: the right-hand grip in the first and last picture looks like a TMWH grip with a WH adapter. Except for the big blue switch visible in the first picture. What is it?

Hmm... I don't see any big blue switch? :huh:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hmm... I don't see any big blue switch? :huh:

I magnified the picture...

It's just a bluish reflection lol

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

What is the recommendation on the springs and cam for the MCG Pro for the Gunfighter rev.A base? I'm asking because i tried to mount my Thrustmaster Warthog Stick on the Gunfighter Base(bought in summer, waiting for the MCG, never used) with the Adapter kit and found out that i can't loosen the marked screw to get the gimbal out. I think the MCG Pro is lighter as the Warthog so maybe the default cam and springs work with it? I already ruined one allen key trying it. :cry::D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings