Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

I know this is off-topic but is there any more info / renders on the VKB-Sim “Kosmosima” Space grip? I'm curious about this grip

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not yet. Most of VKB's energy is focused on the Gunfighter and the MCG (+ sekrit). ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ok. Hurry up and release so I can put a ffb motor on it

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

I look forward to pre-ordering. I really can not wait anymore.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Hmm, anyone know why the MCG is removed from sales page? I hope it's still going to be release. I am getting a bit paranoid :(

Yeah, took it off because the current info on the MCG and the render is now obsolete; waiting on new info and photos (rather than renders) of the mockups for the website. Stay tuned! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My question is can you swap the PCB and joysticks from the MCG into a higher quality Virgil grip? That would be just about perfection.....

swapping grip shells? LAME. Attaching it to a MS FFB2? NOW YOU'RE COOKING.

Art Of The Kill:

My question is can you swap the PCB and joysticks from the MCG into a higher quality Virgil grip? That would be just about perfection.....

Very unlikely, VKB electronics is proprietary and their MaRS sensor work only in VKB Njoy32 controller.

Once the Gunfighters shipping frenzy over there at VKB HQ has slowed down a bit, I expect more MCG news to hit me shortly after. As soon as I have news on the MCG, MCG-T and MCG-Pro, I will update everyone via newsletter accordingly. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Re-Introducing the VKB-Sim MCG - 3 Variants

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Range of Flight Control Grips

(Shenzhen, PRC / Norman, Oklahoma USA / Utrecht, The Netherlands) - April 28, 2017

VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Range of Grips

After VKB’s initial announcement of the MCG Grip back in March of 2017, VKB HQ has gathered a lot of useful feedback from the simulation community across the web. This feedback changed the course of the MCG development and VKB has decided to expand the Modern Combat Grip range to include a total of three variants.

‘Modern Combat Grip’ Design

hcEtaEK.jpg

The real grip was developed by AVIAAVTOMATIKA in Russia for Sukhoi’s modernized Flanker series of fighter jets, as well as their 5th generation prototypes. VKB engineers adapted the ergonomics of the real Flanker grip for the use in flight simulations with only minimal design changes.

All MCG variants share the following design features:

- Made with OMRON and ALPS buttons and switches

- Grip made from ABS plastic (injection molding)

- Contactless ministicks (analog* or digital modes) for Slew Control w/ integrated Push Button

- Trigger 1: Dual-stage trigger

- Trigger 2: Metal trigger (foldable)

- Metal analog* wheel brake lever with contactless MaRS sensor

- Adjustable palm rest

- Quick release fastening

- Optional external twist adapter** (currently under development)

* Except for MCG-TM; Thrustmaster® bases only function in digital mode

** Except for MCG-TM; optional twist adapter not compatible with Thrustmaster® bases

Specific ‘Modern Combat Grip’ features:

MCQ62y3.jpg

MCG:

- 14 Programmable Buttons

- 5 Analog Axes

- MSRP $99 (plus shipping)

-MCG-TM

- 23 Programmable Buttons

- Compatible with Thrustmaster® Warthog and Cougar bases; no adapter needed

- NOTE: To ensure compatibility with the Thrustmaster® controller base, the MCG’s axes controls (ministicks/brake axis) will function as digital hat switch/buttons only

- MSRP TBD*

MCG-Pro

- 24 Programmable Buttons

- 6 Analog Axes

- Trigger 2: Metal Folding Trigger with two position sensors (flipped up or down)

- Swappable thumb button (push button or 4-way switch with push)

- MSRP TBD*

*To Be Determined

‘Modern Combat Grip’ Production Status:

- Currently in the mock-up production phase for final ergonomics validation and testing

- Order availability, shipping date, as well as final MSRP for MCG-TM and MCG-Pro to be determined and announced at a later date – stay tuned!

For more information, please contact:

http://www.VKBcontrollers.com

http://www.flightsimcontrols.com

http://www.VKB-Sim.pro

• Like 1

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Are there any plans to sell a complete joystick with this grip?

P.S. On MCG and MSG TM, the 2-way switch on the top right side of the grip will not be very comfortable. I've got VirPil's version of this grip (not sure what is going on there, but grips are identical visually) and I would have preferred them placing it where Warthog's 'CMS Switch' position is and just a button on top right side (so basically swap places from the setup they and VKB have).

Decisions decisions...

MCG or MCG Pro, going to be hard to choose, guess I will wait and see what price of the Pro is.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG) Range of Flight Control Grips

Awesome news! :thumbup:

Are there any plans to sell a complete joystick with this grip?

VKB Gunfighter Joystick. And, little bit later, VKB Gunfighter ECP Joystick.

P.S. On MCG and MSG TM, the 2-way switch on the top right side of the grip will not be very comfortable. I've got VirPil's version of this grip (not sure what is going on there, but grips are identical visually) and I would have preferred them placing it where Warthog's 'CMS Switch' position is and just a button on top right side (so basically swap places from the setup they and VKB have).

the 2-way switch is more authentic based on a Su-35 grip :)

And there is a "push-button" in the Pro version.

Decisions decisions...

MCG or MCG Pro, going to be hard to choose, guess I will wait and see what price of the Pro is.

MCG Pro rulez! :)

It's incredible!

It's a masterpiece of art!

• Like 1

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Will the MCG Pro be compatible with the WH (or BRD-N)?

Good question.

I thought the initial plan was to have some adapter which would convert the axis commands into buttons for TM bases. Offering separate grips is more practical for VKB, but less flexible for the customer as you'd need another grip if you get the VKB base later on.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Plug and play. That's the biggest thing for me. What's the grip made of? When can we expect pre orders to start?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Plug and play. That's the biggest thing for me. What's the grip made of? When can we expect pre orders to start?

Most likely plastic, just like VirPil's grip.

According to his post , the grips are made out of ABS plastic.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|