Cant load maps in multiplayer

GunnyCook

hi, having an issue with starting a server through the game. i have been hosting through my game but when i tried tonight it would not start.

i deleted the map i was hosting by pressing the minus button on the map box. when i press the plus button nothing happens, i rebooted and started the game again, when to the start server and the original map was back in its place. but when i press start it shows the loading screen for about a second then goes black and i have to alt tab and close the game from there.

anyone have any ideas how to solve this ???

Update.....

it seems that i cant open maps in the mission editor anymore either. i select open in the drop down and nothing happens

Edited by GunnyCook
additional info

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Do you have a lot of missions? It takes some time to open the list usually if you do.

Also try running the game as Administrator just to check, maybe a windows update/permissions issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

tried all that and no, not a lot of maps, its almost as if the folder isnt there anymore.

tried deleting the folder , the game created a new one, tried to open the maps..... nothing, just as before

its soooo frustrating

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

Try it again and if it doesn't work please attach your DCS.log from C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

There may potentially be lua errors in the UI, if it is then the errors will show up in the DCS.log.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 year later...

Did the updater and all worked fine now. thanks