Viggen RWR tone generator/guide

2-niner

Awesome on so many levels. Level one....great Friday night drinking game for nerds. Level 2....sending the dog mad, it hated it. And lastly, to boot, makes my keyboard lights flash. I'm gonna have so much fun!!! thanks :)

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Awesome, 2-niner. Thank you!

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I changed the URL to a more permanent one and I also added some links to other stuff I usually use when flying, so I can use this site as a sort of kneeboard reference.

New URL is http://www.viggentools.se/

Oh, and if someone knows the name of the guy who made the CK37 code reference image please let me know so I can give credit.

• Like 1

Not sure if a bug or not. I was in the Viggen earlier and set the RWR to lights only (no sound). Which worked fine. Then later went back and landed and rearmed and took off again. Once I was back in the air my RWR was giving me lights and sound again even though the switch was still set to lights only. I cycled the switch back to lights and sound and back to sound only and it was silent after that. Anyone else able to replicate?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Link doesn't seem to work gents, is this tool still online?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

No sweat just wondered if I'd missed the boat on this! Good luck!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Would it be possible modifying the Tool to use the Sounds used ingame?

Either by recording the ingame sounds.

Or by simply using the Sound files in the AJS 37s cockpit sounds Folder.

(DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits)

Yeah it seems like the tones generated is not exactly the same as what you hear in-game. I don't know why this is, logically it should add up to being exactly the same tones since I'm just playing the PRF frequencies which is also what the Viggen RWR is supposed to do.

I'll experiment a bit with it when I have the time, maybe the existing solution could be tweaked to fit what's actually in the game better, or maybe I can use the files you pointed to, I would have to do some sort of pitch-altering on them though so it's not my first option.

Also the radar belonging to tracking R-77, Aim-120 and Aim-54 missiles.

I tried with an R-77 but it doesn't seem to work. In the ELINT report I had an emitter with a PRF of 0 and a silent duration of -0.1s. I think that was the missile and of course those numbers doesn't make any sense. But at least it enabled me to add the MiG-29S to the database :)

I haven't tried with any other active missiles though, so if someone does then please post the results here.

I tried with an R-77 but it doesn't seem to work. In the ELINT report I had an emitter with a PRF of 0 and a silent duration of -0.1s. I think that was the missile and of course those numbers doesn't make any sense. But at least it enabled me to add the MiG-29S to the database :)

I haven't tried with any other active missiles though, so if someone does then please post the results here.

I got the same result with AMRAAM.