Question for RAZBAM about Harrier and Super Tucano data systems.

Zilch

I can't tell you guys how I'm looking forward to both of your upcoming modules. They're going to add a huge kind of dynamic range to the skies of DCS.

I was just marveling at the data systems in the A-10C, as far as Link 16, the CDU's capabilities, the TAD, and ability to send and share information to allied units over data link to designate targets, share waypoint data, SPI locations, send text messages and so on. Unfortunately, the only aircraft capable of taking advantage of this kind of data environment is the A-10C. So, in coordinating a ground attack with other non-Hog units, a player flying as an OA-10C has to go old school and talk other players onto targets using visual references.

Since we're getting the Super Tucano with its fancy MFCD's, sensors, and gadgets, and the Night Attack Harrier with...well, I'm not sure what it has, but it looks fancy...is it possible for you folks to clarify if these two new aircraft will be able to share data with allied units like the Hog can? An AFAC Super Tucano marking targets with that red triangle on allied Harriers and Hogs' TAD would be amazing. Similarly, joint Hog/Harrier, or even Hog/Harrier/Tucano packages all sharing data could blow people's minds.

Might this be possible with the modules you're working on?

Also, more directly, do either of them have a CDU approaching the A-10C's capabilities? I know there are many kinds of CDU for different purposes. I'd love to see wind correction and on-the-fly waypoint creation for both of these aircraft, but my searches on the real world aircraft are coming up short in this department. Do either of them have similar units?

I can't wait for these planes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Yes, both RL Harrier and A-29 Super Tucano has Link-16 capability and thus can share data. If the DCS A-10C has this capability in-game then we will add it to our aircraft. But these options won't be available until the last.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes, both RL Harrier and A-29 Super Tucano has Link-16 capability and thus can share data. If the DCS A-10C has this capability in-game then we will add it to our aircraft. But these options won't be available until the last.

AW, that just made waiting that much harder. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Good news for us!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, maybe we can't know this now, but do either of these CDU's?

The Super Tucano seems like it's available with many options to chose from. Different MFD, different sensors...just curious if our version will have a CDU or equivalent. And the Harrier, too.

Thanks again, guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, maybe we can't know this now, but do either of these CDU's?

The Super Tucano seems like it's available with many options to chose from. Different MFD, different sensors...just curious if our version will have a CDU or equivalent. And the Harrier, too.

Thanks again, guys.

Just not to lose something in translation. What are you calling a CDU?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I guess I'm referring to the Control and Data Unit the A-10C has on the right panel. Basically, I'm wondering if we can create way points using lat/long, MGRS, offsets...and correct for wind drift.

I understand if that's not going to be public knowledge yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess I'm referring to the Control and Data Unit the A-10C has on the right panel. Basically, I'm wondering if we can create way points using lat/long, MGRS, offsets...and correct for wind drift.

I understand if that's not going to be public knowledge yet.

17191791_1279384915481477_5076166109351724557_o.jpg?oh=bb180f872d277e34e01c299b5d507075&oe=59708B59&__gda__=1496406669_e00a0d6ea9f4e42b44b2d35ff19246fd

Okay. You see that big thing with keys below the HUD? That's the Up Front Control, UFC for short. With the UFC you can program the computer, enter flight plans, do everything you want in the aircraft.

So the answer is yes, you can do all that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think DL fells more in the ED side, since some kind of standard protocol is needed so players and IA can share information during SP and MP flights, regardless the module they're flying. A-10C (the state it's right now) is far from offer complete Link-16 capabilities, so it's not the best example. But I agree, as more and more advance a/c are joining in the game, ED needs to put in place the proper bricks for the future.

Regards