Captoglove

BIGNEWY

Has anyone else purchased these, I’m. Having trouble with the software suite seeing the gloves they’re paired in Bluetooth but the software suite from CaptoGloves isn’t registering them.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else purchased these, I’m. Having trouble with the software suite seeing the gloves they’re paired in Bluetooth but the software suite from CaptoGloves isn’t registering them.

Which firmware and version are you using?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

If you have not uploaded the software you need to select either left or right capto sensor in suite then go to bottom and press the upload firmware button in the next screen you need to search for where you stored the capto software you downloaded once you have this press the upload firmware button and wait for it to do its thing you can then change the glove and repeat process or go back to main suite screen and start setting things up. To do this you will have to select capto glove left or right amd press scan ble glove it then lists gloves, double check left and right glove and numbers are correct for what you want to do if correct press connect and you should be able to set things up. CaptoGlove have quite a lot of short videos on their website and youtube giving guides on how to do things you will also have to read the instructions.

I updated the firmware my problem was your ssuppose to see Ann orange or green. Button. To sync then gloves I don’t get that button anywhere they sent me new software. And firmware within 224hrs but I haven’t gotten to. Try them yet.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I updated the firmware my problem was your ssuppose to see Ann orange or green. Button. To sync then gloves I don’t get that button anywhere they sent me new software. And firmware within 224hrs but I haven’t gotten to. Try them yet.

You have to press and hold the on/off button for 6 seconds if I remember correctly to make it visible to Bluetooth. The button can be a little frustrating to work.

• 1 month later...

With plenty patience, you have to wait for CaptoGlove/DCS to finish the integration process, CaptoGlove told me about three months ago that they were testing but that it was along process because the technology was so new. They really should not have led us to believe you could use it to control the switches and Hotas 18months ago when they showed their videos on youtube of someone flying a DCSWorld Helicopter when it could not be done then, if it could what has happened in the meantime.

Bignewy, did yourself get a pair of CaptoGloves if what is your personal impression will they work now or does ed need to implement something for better integration? I have a pair but tech issues have held me back at the setupstage one glove will not leave Bluetooth mode I believe. I took Ill and they went overseas so direct help was delayed and I’ve not felt like messing with much lately. But I would like to know if you have them and you impression of them.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Not ready for prime time yet

Hey guys, been meaning to write up a more thorough review but not really worth the time.

1. Set up and trouble shooting was a nightmare. The quick stall instructions don't tell you that you have to download the latest firmware. Even then, still a buggy mess.

2. Calibrating fingertip sensors equally frustrating.

3. I could get it to flip switches in DCS and BMS emulating a 3D bluetooth mouse. You can also set up the sensitivity where you don't have to even take your hand off the throttle to move the mouse sensor. BUT, it's VERY jittery and VERY inaccurate. Just overall a very frustrating experience from a consumer product perspective. Needs A LOT more development. There is no advantage whatsoever to just taking your left hand off the throttle and using your mouse or trackball to flip switches, it takes too long to get the cursor oriented and do anything useful with it.

4. The developers I conversed with through email have absolutely zero clue or understanding of the flight sim and VR market and what we would actually be using the glove for. They think flight simmers want to play with an imaginary joystick.

5. Final Verdict, IF YOU WANT ONE, I'LL SELL YOU MINE...CHEAP! I needs a new graphics card!

Unfair (review)

Hey guys, been meaning to write up a more thorough review but not really worth the time.

1. Set up and trouble shooting was a nightmare. The quick stall instructions don't tell you that you have to download the latest firmware. Even then, still a buggy mess.

2. Calibrating fingertip sensors equally frustrating.

3. I could get it to flip switches in DCS and BMS emulating a 3D bluetooth mouse. You can also set up the sensitivity where you don't have to even take your hand off the throttle to move the mouse sensor. BUT, it's VERY jittery and VERY inaccurate. Just overall a very frustrating experience from a consumer product perspective. Needs A LOT more development. There is no advantage whatsoever to just taking your left hand off the throttle and using your mouse or trackball to flip switches, it takes too long to get the cursor oriented and do anything useful with it.

4. The developers I conversed with through email have absolutely zero clue or understanding of the flight sim and VR market and what we would actually be using the glove for. They think flight simmers want to play with an imaginary joystick.

5. Final Verdict, IF YOU WANT ONE, I'LL SELL YOU MINE...CHEAP! I needs a new graphics card!

This may be your personnel verdict of CaptoGlove but Not everyones to even call it a review thorough or otherwise beggars belief.

Instructions for CaptoGlove clearly state the install procedures and to download the latest software etc.

Setting up the finger controls is a bit fiddly and long winded but there are instructions and videos available to show you how to do it.

I cannot comment on the use within DCSWorld as yet as I have not tried due to lack of info from both DCSWorld and CaptoGlove to say that the integration has been done.

Just because you may want to use your REAL joystick when you fly not everyone else may want to, I would be quite happy flying using a virtual joystick (it would do the same job as the physical one) and would save some people the expense of a physical HOTAS which does not come cheap. I think both CaptoGlove and Eagle Dynamics are right to give people the choice of both.

Just because you are unhappy that the product does not meet your expectations because you did not research the product or product did not work as expected straight out of the box does not give you the right to basically destroy it in such a public fashion especially when you seem incapable of writing a fair and full review.

Just because you may want to use your REAL joystick when you fly not everyone else may want to, I would be quite happy flying using a virtual joystick (it would do the same job as the physical one) and would save some people the expense of a physical HOTAS which does not come cheap.
Do the same job? Well, a virtual joystick may do the job, but certainly not do the same job. I see several notable differences.

First of all the haptics and increasing resistance of the the stick.

Then the precision. I do not think that any glove or any other VR input device can return the same amount (hundreds!) of small steps that a joystick does.

Finally the button/triggers of a joystick. Now think of a two step trigger (like TM HOTAS). Or think of the POVs. I never say never, but it will take quite some more time until you can mimic that with the same precision with just your hand in front of you.

However I can see a very interesting ─ though VERY MUCH "niche" ─ application for VR gloves. You can use ANY warbird cockpit for flight simulation. You buckle up in the cockpit, then calibrate the sim's stick and throttle with your hands on the original controllers, put on your VR goggles and off you go. Without the need of a physical cockpit-to-computer interface...

snip

However I can see a very interesting ─ though VERY MUCH "niche" ─ application for VR gloves. You can use ANY warbird cockpit for flight simulation. You buckle up in the cockpit, then calibrate the sim's stick and throttle with your hands on the original controllers, put on your VR goggles and off you go. Without the need of a physical cockpit-to-computer interface...

Yes that would be very cool.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This may be your personnel verdict of CaptoGlove but Not everyones to even call it a review thorough or otherwise beggars belief.

Instructions for CaptoGlove clearly state the install procedures and to download the latest software etc.

Setting up the finger controls is a bit fiddly and long winded but there are instructions and videos available to show you how to do it.

I cannot comment on the use within DCSWorld as yet as I have not tried due to lack of info from both DCSWorld and CaptoGlove to say that the integration has been done.

Just because you may want to use your REAL joystick when you fly not everyone else may want to, I would be quite happy flying using a virtual joystick (it would do the same job as the physical one) and would save some people the expense of a physical HOTAS which does not come cheap. I think both CaptoGlove and Eagle Dynamics are right to give people the choice of both.

Just because you are unhappy that the product does not meet your expectations because you did not research the product or product did not work as expected straight out of the box does not give you the right to basically destroy it in such a public fashion especially when you seem incapable of writing a fair and full review.

It works for me as it helps me decide that this product isn't for me as a mouse replacement for cockpit interaction.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I think it's safe to say from the current captoglove threads in these forums that most people want/expect the glove to be used as the mouse replacement for clickable cockpits

And that expectation was backed up by comments from captoglove that you could do so including YouTube's of the huey

Where they were doing just that although not very well

It's also reasonable to say that most people on these forums who have an interest in captoglove also have hotas systems they would like to keep using

And if they want to gain sales in this arena that's what they have to aim for

He has reviewed his experiences with it and the key thing is that his review is essentially confirmation of suspicions

Already held . It's therefore useful and shouldn't be denigrated

You're free to post a counter review but don't tear down other people's experiences because they didn't match yours

(You haven't tried it in dcs yet anyway)

Edited by jimiC

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. Captoglove and VR in general has its greatest initial market is the type of person that is prepared to pay for peripheral items like a physical HOTAS and high end PC hardware. If they believe that people in any volume will pay for a VR & Captoglove setup for a virtual HOTAS they are making a huge mistake imho at least from the PoV of some partnership with ED.

Cockpit control is the no.1 reason why any DCS customer would buy a Captoglove and grow further VR adoption any other use case would be trivial by comparison.

Lets hope Captoglove and ED work this out, in fairness its probably quite a tough thing to get right but imho essential for its success in DCS.

The review is fair IF Captoglove are falling short in the no.1 use case.

I actually started using Oculus Touch and to my surprise, it's a lot more useful (and intuitive) than mouse. I have both touches on my lap and just grab one when I need to click/switch something. I had it all the time and never really gave it a proper try..Now, I'm totally using it..especially with the not-so-great CG reviews (which I initially planned on buying but in the end, changed my mind)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I actually started using Oculus Touch and to my surprise, it's a lot more useful (and intuitive) than mouse. I have both touches on my lap and just grab one when I need to click/switch something. I had it all the time and never really gave it a proper try..Now, I'm totally using it..especially with the not-so-great CG reviews (which I initially planned on buying but in the end, changed my mind)

I dobro si uradioPerice. Pametno. :thumbup:

Ima tu puno stvari pa ako hočeš možemo popričat na našem TSu.

Yeah Oculus Touch is pretty cool in DCS, certainly in early stages but pretty neat.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm struggling to picture this but trying to keep an open mind at the same time....

So ur flying purely on Oculus Touch or you are flying on HOTAS and then reaching for Oculus Touch when needing cockpit interaction??