*** Official Caucasus mini-campaign for DCS:Viggen (BETA) ***

RagnarDa

Attention all brave Viggenites!

This is a short campaign for the Caucasus region that you can fly by yourself or with a friend. It is assumed that you are already proficient with the aircraft (went through all the tutorials).

*** This version is a older wip/beta/early release that will very soon be remade. ***

Features:

- 5 missions with different tasks including recon, strike and air-intercept.

Known issues:

- Most probably bugs.

- I had a cold when I recorded the voice-acting. These will probably be redone.

- Some missions might be too hard to win. Try to at least make it back to your base.

Please report issues or other feedback in this thread.

DCS AJS37 Mini-Campaign Caucasus.zip

Edited by RagnarDa
  • Like 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Confused by the word 'Official'. Does this mean that LN is not going to be producing a campaign for the aircraft? Does this mean that this campaign will be supported throughout the life of the sim?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Confused by the word 'Official'. Does this mean that LN is not going to be producing a campaign for the aircraft? Does this mean that this campaign will be supported throughout the life of the sim?

RagnarDa is a member of the LN team...

So this is a campaign produced by LN.

Thus making it an Official Campaign.

Edited by mattebubben

RagnarDa is a member of the LN team...

So this is a campaign produced by LN.

Thus making it an Official Campaign.

Which answers neither one of my questions.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This mini-campaign was supposed to be released with the Viggen but has unfortunately been delayed. It is the only campaign planned for the Caucasus region at the moment. This version is a older wip/beta/early release that will very soon be remade.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Thats a little bit strange, from the announcement, there are two Caucasus Campaigns:

[..]

Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:

Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:

• Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.

• Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as:

• CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target, and fuel calculation systems.

• Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.

• Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.

• Flight instrument systems.

• Electrical and hydraulic systems.

• Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.

• Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:

Multiple radar amplifications and filter settings.

Obstacle detection mode.

Memory mode.

Air-to-Air mode.

Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.

• Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.

• Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 “Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.

• Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores with multiple versions and delivery methods, ranging from rockets, bombs, to advanced air-to-ground missiles such as the command-guided RB-05A and the TV-guided RB-75 “Maverick” missiles.

• Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.

• Extensive interactive & voiced training tutorials.

• Several campaigns and missions including:

Caucasus campaign

Mini NTTR DACT campaign

Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.

Instant action and single player missions.

[..]

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

*** Official Caucasus mini-campaign for DCS:Viggen (BETA) ***

Oops! Sorry!

Edit: This campaign was intended as a stop-gap until the full campaign is done.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Just tried the first mission. I found the target but it wasn't visible, I could see the wake in the water but nothing happened when I overflew it. Edit: It was visible on the radar though.

If i'm not mistaken that's a reported bug on EDs side.

Late activated ships disappear at a certain distance from the player..

If i'm not mistaken that's a reported bug on EDs side.

Late activated ships disappear at a certain distance from the player..

OK, thanks. I'll try again. I also messed up the waypoints by having B1 selected then I did a fix. Forgot how to reset that.

Oops! Sorry!

Edit: This campaign was intended as a stop-gap until the full campaign is done.

So is this the advertised mini-campaign or is that still to come as well?

This is it, but the version of this which will be available through a patch soon will differ.

Thanks for the clarification.

Stupid Q ref the first mission, so im on the ground and i've input all 9201-4 on B1-4 do i keep the rotor on Vin/Ruta/mal or do i switch it back to Ack/pos for normal flight? I can see flashing lines on my radar screen when in SPA and A1 but my WP indicator is still saying L1?