Is DCS VR friendly

alismith

Hi Folks, I recently purchased a HTC Vive VR headset and was impressed with its visualisation. My son who plays War Thunder pointed out that War Thunder can be played in VR, so we experimented and it is impressive. However, WT isn't my game, I came across DCS and played about with the SU-25 and moved across to Gazelle which was impressive, as an ex Avionics Engineer the aircraft IS A1, from the sounds of the Astazou turboshaft to the distinct sound of the fenestron and the handling is spot on!

But the VR is very unstable throwing me out after 10 minutes into a mission, I then purchased UH-1 as the missions from the forums looked more challenging. However the same thing within 10 minutes of flying both base stations drop out and my game freezes. However, I can play War Thunder all day long without not a single issue.

Can someone help as I'm losing confidence in the product and I don't want to invest 45 minutes flying time in the game, just to drop out. Its obviously not my VR set up as other simulations play without incident.

Can anyone advise?

Hi Folks, I recently purchased a HTC Vive VR headset and was impressed with its visualisation. My son who plays War Thunder pointed out that War Thunder can be played in VR, so we experimented and it is impressive. However, WT isn't my game, I came across DCS and played about with the SU-25 and moved across to Gazelle which was impressive, as an ex Avionics Engineer the aircraft IS A1, from the sounds of the Astazou turboshaft to the distinct sound of the fenestron and the handling is spot on!

But the VR is very unstable throwing me out after 10 minutes into a mission, I then purchased UH-1 as the missions from the forums looked more challenging. However the same thing within 10 minutes of flying both base stations drop out and my game freezes. However, I can play War Thunder all day long without not a single issue.

Can someone help as I'm losing confidence in the product and I don't want to invest 45 minutes flying time in the game, just to drop out. Its obviously not my VR set up as other simulations play without incident.

Can anyone advise?

So 45 minutes and clearly it's not what your doing yet for me with my rift and as just about every other VR user reports DCS works fine. :(

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Btw if you go to the vr area looking for help do everyone a favor and be a little more specific. In particular post your various hardware settings and what in game settings you are using. Then we can make some recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a break from DCS due to work commitments I get 5 minutes into flying the MEDEVAC mission. I'm flying fine and then the screen changes as if the game is still trying to load. Eventually the game crashes and am no longer flying. Anyone help me, as for hardware and in-game settings, how do I find them?