ED agreed...The Mig 21 "CAN" be added ONLY IF...

Witchking

OK, there are almost 20 variants of the mig 21, confusing!!

When Chizh made the comparison bet the rendered model posted earlier and the real thing I think he used the f13 variant. So I decided to do it.

This is the result of today's session. Basic geometry before refinement of thr fuselage and the uncut canopy.

I am posting this for your geometry check before I spend more time. ( my flanker is unhappy today :D).

Image-0018.png

Image-0019.jpg

• Like 7
sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah! finally....thanks soo much strikemax. :D you have earned another rep point. Comeon guys.....lets give strikemax what we promised. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

just a little comment strikemax....why don't you do the latest variant of the mig 21. It is the one in use currently. maybe the bis variant??

MiG-21bis_05.jpg

or the famous lancer "fishbed" variant ???

http://moddb.com/images/cache/mods/63/6342/gallery/water_34782.jpg

BUT no complains.....:)...as long as it is a 21. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

lol! same here..:D ..but hopefully...the others will pitch in ;)

Rep inbound StrikeMax. You are our only hope :worthy: :notworthy: :worthy: I just don't get it why F-13 but OK, like Witchking said: "MiG-21 is MiG-21". I wonder what version of the newer 21s is the most popular - MF, BIS or SMT?

StrikeMax! If You need any help with skinning or something (:P it's a little too early, I know) give a call here. Maybe I or any other of us could try in some part at least.

• ED Team
OK, there are almost 20 variants of the mig 21, confusing!!

When Chizh made the comparison bet the rendered model posted earlier and the real thing I think he used the f13 variant. So I decided to do it.

This is the result of today's session. Basic geometry before refinement of thr fuselage and the uncut canopy.

I am posting this for your geometry check before I spend more time. ( my flanker is unhappy today :D).

It's more correct model MiG-21F-13 than previous.

I see that vertical stab haven't correct in shape. Also I have advised to pay attention tail part as a whole.

Image-0019.jpg.d35fe76669c1d82d6b1fbe3f4e756798.jpg

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Guys I don't know much about modelling, but as SK mentioned MS Flight simulator has pluggins to fly MIG-21. Long back i downloaded one such plugin...I don't remember the site now. I have not tried it on MS FS 2002 / 2004 but its for Bis or MF versions. If the modelling guys can extract the model out of it and use (reuse ;) ) it will be great. Attaching the zip with the post.

:thumbup:

I see that vertical stab haven't correct in shape. Also I have advised to pay attention tail part as a whole.

So Chizh, is the F-13 the variant you are implementing???

If thats the one you guys want to do........F-13 it is. :D...its still the legendary MIG 21. :D No complaining but my preference would be the lancer or fishbed. nuff said :p.......I'm just happy that finally we are looking like we will get a mig 21 in game. :D

Yes Chizh, this is a 1 session draft. I wanted to check the general geometry before i detail. For the tail there are 2 bridges/transitions, one at base of tail/ (front) with the fuselage which i did. This should be repeated again at the brak point of the tail (at the end of the leading triang shape) which I will take care of in the second session, the rest of the tail is easy.

thanks for the input.

• Like 2
sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg